What's the first series you ever remember watching as a kid?

what's the first series you ever remember watching as a kid?

are you a weirdo who got into anime at like age 25?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kLbcigBJt10
youtube.com/watch?v=e6CRLN7xPEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The earliest I distinctly remember is Rurouni Kenshin.
I know I used to watch other animes even before it, but I don't remember those.

Kimba the White Lion

Pokemon, but I also remember even before that started my grandma would sit me down for a nap and turn on the TV which just so happened to have Sailor Moon on at that time. No idea what channel it was.

Actually scratch RK, I remember ranma1/2 earlier than it.

Still, there were other earlier than it too.

Pokemon or Dragon Ball Z

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket. But it wasn't until I saw Betterman and Crest of the Stars that I got into anime.

Either Pokemon or Yu Gi Oh.

Pokemon WB, Sailor Moon CN.

Toonami stuff like rorouni kenshin, ranma, dbz, saint seiya, inuyasha way back when i was a kid. I remember i used to stay up until midnight and beyond with my brother to watch when i was in first grade.
When i formally got into anime was back in 2007 with Naruto, because when i did my research about it i realized there were more chapters than the dubbed ones and that it was actually made in japan.

I'm not sure, it was either pokemon or sakura card captors.

Then i got into dragonball and sailor moon.
I didn't watch sailor moon much though, cause i thought it was for girls. Well same with sakura, but i liked it enough to watch it anyway.

are you me?

for me card captors also rings a bell to have been an early one.

Pokemon, DBZ, Big O, and G Gundam

>are you a weirdo who got into anime at like age 25?

Add a couple years and yes. Midlife crisis

something between pokemon, ccs. sailor moon, and yugioh.

Can't even remember which I started out with. Digimon/Doraemon/Shin-chan/Dragonball/Card Captor Sakura
It's one of those.

The earliest series was probably either Sailor Moon or Tenchi Muyo.

I was 16 when I watched my first anime.

My mom was a stay at home mom who believed that television was the devils work

Trigun or Eva. I do recall seeing movies like Lensman around that time too.

Voltes V

Evangelion. On fucking local TV.
You can't explain that.

There's also Zenki.

Some episodes of Sailor moon when I was 6 or 7. A few years after that, watched like a year's worth of pokemon and digimon.

Also became a weirdo recently who got into anime at age 25, though I saw about a half dozen anime before then.

it was either Dr. Slump or Dragon Ball

I was doomed as a 15yo in the middle of the 90s. Regrets? None. I had the best childhood, and seen the best anime aired on public/cable television in it's heyday.

That one about a lamb being raised by a wolf.

Pokemon/Digimon/DBZ if you want to consider english broadcasts, but I think that isn't really the spirit of the question.

Love Hina, Naruto, and Last Exile were my first real steps down the rabbit hole. I stumbled upon a Winamp stream that would play those three on loop when I was 14 or so. I wasted so much time waiting for the stream to get to an episode I hadn't seen yet. It never occurred to me to try seeing if I could download anime on Kazaa.

s-cry-ed

Voltes V, Daimos, Transformers

Probably yugioh.

But as for the first anime I watched actually knowing it was anime and with subs instead of dubbed, rozen maiden.

I guess Lupin, DBZ and Doraemon

Fooly Cooly on Adult Swim. I swear it forced me through puberty.

Yugioh

My dad would always say "put the kaibash on Kaiba" when I talked about it. Poor Kaiba.

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=kLbcigBJt10

Pokemon, Yugioh, DBZ

You know, the usual stuff

I got into anime when I was 19. I had been coming to Sup Forums for about 3 years at that point, but I always made fun of anime because I guess I thought I was above it or some gay shit.

Then, of all things, I found... Lucky Star.

God knows why this show somehow clicked with me, I didn't even get 99% of the references, but I watched the entire show about 2 days. A few months later I might my (now fiance) at an anime club.

Back when I was 19 I was a total fucking Chad, drinking and pizza every weekend. Gym every second day. What happened?

Nope, it was all shitty dubs.

I think I started with Pokemon, Wing Gundam, Zoids and Kimba the White Lion. Basically the morning + weekend lineup of anime at the time. I don't remember which one was first though. So think late 90s or 2000.

dragon ball z, cowboy bebop, big O, ghost in shell, flcl

> they were all dubbed
> i used to watch toonami with my dad back then (early 2000's)
> tfw my dad grew up watching voltes V and dragon ball and possibly gundam (we are flips)
> he liked anime that had satisfying combat, always hyped when it came through
> this upbringing summarizes my tastes

For his birthday, I want to show him Berserk and watch it with him. For old time's sake.

Digimon, Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon

Later on when I was like 11 and learned about naruto it was that, fma and bleach cause that's all that was on. Oh and eureka seven was in there too

Was 19 years old when I got into anime. I was googling top ten horror movies and one of the automatic results was top ten horror anime which I accidentally clicked and decided fucking it may as well take a quick glance to see if any look interesting. The plot for elfen lied seemed interesting at the time and now here I am.

Either sailor moon or Dragonball Z I think. Sailor moon used to air on USA network I think and DBZ was on fox at like 6am. both of these were years before cartoon network and toonami even existed. I think Robotech sometime around then as well which I think for a love of Macross but fuck harmony gold

Probably Pokémon, but I was already set on the path with Power Rangers and Transformers Beast Wars.

Pokemon, Digimon and Dragon Ball

Much older cousin showed me some Ranma 1/2 raw on VHS when I was around 8 years old. Needless to say it blew my mind.

I watched the english dub of Sgt. Frog on netflix as the 1st series I ever saw

>anime
>horror

..Macross or wahtever Voltron's actual name was. I have no idea which one came first. Probably Voltron (GoLion?).

Rurouni Kenshin, Pokemon, and Dragonball/Z

Some laserdisc with these voltron-esque heroes but all their vehicles had drills.

Can't recall the name...earth, galaxy, star, defenders, or something.

doraemon, chibi maruko chan, detective conan, ninja hattori

>he never watched mermaid's flesh at six years old in the 90s

Kids these days.

Shit, it's arguable that Akira, MD Geist, and Vampire Hunter D were all horror.

Some old looking shit like cedie, sarah, or little women

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just does not belong.
Can you say which thing was produced by an American toy company and originally scripted by Marvel's animated division before I finish the end of this-it's Transformers.

Three Musketeers. The one with a female Aramis. That's why I was surprised to learn that Aramis is actually a guy when I encountered the source material.

>what's the first series you ever remember watching as a kid?
Pokemon. It didn't get me "into" anime though
Yes.

Pokemon/yu-gi-oh and the shit on WB on saturday mornings or dbz on various channels, but I didn't realize those were anime.

Probably yuyu hakasho which I found by accident but really enjoyed, and got me somewhat into anime. Honestly, in 2007 I watched hayate no gotoku and after that I really started looking into anime and started streaming/torrenting after 2008. I'm 20 now.

My friend had the uncut japanese version of this. Shit was brutal.

gatchaman

First anime I've watched was Pokemon as a kid but I've never even finished the first season. The first manga I've read was Tekken Chinmi that my dad used to own but I only read like 2 chapters. There was also Doraemon and DBZ but I still thought they were cartoons and didn't get me into anime. It was Hayate no Gotoku that got me into anime and I've been watching since.

Earliest would be pokemon, DBZ, and sailor moon. A bit later in my childhood, I'd watch those morning programs that had shows like Tokyo mew mew on.

Doraemon, Shin Chan, an episode or two of Evangelion but I got scared watching it, Nintama Rantaro, and probably some more I can't remember.

youtube.com/watch?v=e6CRLN7xPEI

Pic related. The first show that I watched actually knowing it was anime might have been Tenchi Muyo, but that was many years later.

Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z aired back-to-back on early morning weekdays before elementary school. I had no idea what was going on but I loved it.

Scrapped Princess I think. I was already way into fantasy and sci fi and then I found this show on a dvd. It blended the two in a way I really liked without being silly or stupid. I credit this one show for making me take chinese cartoons seriously.
It's even aged ok, still recommend if you like the older stuff.

The first anime i completed was Kill la Kill
Aside from that, i only watched stuff that occasionaly come on at late night tv like Naruto, Card Captor Sakura and what i think might have been Fullmetal Alchemist.
Oh, and Pokemon too because that and i think Yugioh were the only anime that were dubbed here as far as i can remember.
I mostly just read manga since that's what they had at the library and stores, hell we even had a Shonen Jump for a few years with Yugioh, Naruto, Bleach, Shaman King and Rurouni Kenshin.

>animes
lurk for 2 years before posting retard

The first anime I remember actual plot from is dbz. Although I know that I watched fma around that time as well. I was maybe around tenish when I saw it. I didn't get into anime until a few years later around 15.

Yu Yu Hakusho for me

Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh.

Vandread, unexpectedly. Suddenly saw it one day while I was flipping through channels looking for something to watch. I didn't get a boner from it, but it did give me my first waifu.

Shin-chan

why are you here?

Holy shit, same here, I did some calculations and I was probably only 2 years old, I remember still seeing the tv and the opening of Kenshin. Then maybe sailor moon and db

DBZ

I remember rushing home from school so I could watch the newest episode on cartoon network.

Still watch it daily.

Mah nigga, that was brutal but really good show.

Probably Pokemon then DBZ. I also remember seeing bits and pieces of Tenchi Muyo. When I saw Ryoko I had the distinct impression that she was best girl.