I can't watch this fucking bullshit. It's nothing like the original. It lacks all the polish, the attention to detail...

I can't watch this fucking bullshit. It's nothing like the original. It lacks all the polish, the attention to detail, the focus on characters, the fact that it feels like every other shitty anime in existence. I'm not invested at all in any way like I was with the original, it just feels like a slapped-together rushed incoherent retelling of an already done series. It literally feels like every other cancerous anime series

The original was a BONES original.

Lesser soundtrack and uglier stills. True(r) to the manga, but a tad sloppy. Still, I liked it much better than the fanfic masturbation the first series is.

fanfic masturbation? I heard there's fanservice with Winrie in Brotherhood, which kinda points to the opposite

Good taste. Brotherhood is overrated shit.

FMA 03 is decent until they start deviating from the manga

FMA Brotherhood is bad until they get to where FMA 03 left off

FMA Manga is the only one worth your time.

I dont exactly see too big of a problem with FMA 03 like everyone else does. Like the deviation from the manga isnt exactly bad at all. Sloth being a direct manifestation of Ed and Al's mistake is actually really interesting desu

The fact that you think that 2003 is not like any other anime tells me that your nostalgia is the one talking.

I bet you never read the manga either.

I dont read comics, and I cant exactly have nostalgia glasses for something I just watched and ran through for the first time 6 months ago

First impressions matter

>Comics

Dont be like that. If there was THAT much of a difference between a manga and a comic then anime wouldn't even remotely be considered as tv shows, and most people can at least acknowledge they're shows.

I liked that Ed and Alphonse weren't that important to the overall plot. Like sure they were needed but other characters were just as important, or even moreso.

>comics

Get out.

>Referring to anime as a tv show

Fucking summerfags

Tell that to the 100 different interpretations of superman to the characters turned gay/transgender for reasons, to the characters getting abortions, to the ones becoming fat over depression, etc.

So yea I agreed with the other anons

To the... TWO DIFFERENT ADAPTATIONS OF FMA?

Thank you, this world needs more people like you and I totally agree with this.

It's almost like this is your first day.

Arakawa invented FMA. Bones perfected it.

>until they start deviating from the manga
But they were doing that from the very beginning. Don't you mean "until they overtook the manga and shat themselves trying to shoehorn their made-up plot points and the manga's plot points into the same cramped little shoebox?"

Any kind of media is heavily influenced by the country and society were is born. Claiming that manga and comics are the same because both are printed in paper is a really ignorant statement. The differences go beyond the art style and color. Everything from eating habits and mannerisms to ideologies and culture is reflected in their work and this changes not only the stories but the way these stories are told.

So yea fuck you.

>until they overtook the manga and shat themselves trying to shoehorn their made-up plot points
yes aka until they started deviating from the manga

>But they were doing that from the very beginning
It was literally identical to the manga until the dog morphine arc.

>Thinking comics and manga are the same
Summerfag pls and stay go

WHICH ONE DO I FUCKING WATCH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Both

Try harder braindead

>stating manga and comics are the same

Summerfags on the rise

If you want Ed and Winry together then 2nd. But Shamballa is a pretty good movie, and you won't be able to watch that unless you watch the 1st.

DELETE THIS

>But Shamballa is a pretty good movie
Ahahaha

They are the same only that they tell a story by showing pictures. Everything else is rather different between the two.

watch '03. give it a few/many months. watch brotherhood. brotherhood came to correct the shit that '03 got "wrong", but the first adap isn't bad even if it strays from the source material. brotherhood also assumes you know the main points of '03, so they gloss over them to continue the story per manga canon.

watch both starting with the first.enjoy both. accept that enjoyment is not dependent on which comes first or which is more true to source.

>Shamballa is a pretty good movie
lol

FMA 03 is cringy and stupid.

It's on par with other endless shonen garbage like naruto.

The "original" series felt like a shit I didn't care much about watching.
Brotherhood on the other hand, I actually loved it.

in like 1 scene

Read the manga.