Why aren't we harvesting solar energy properly?

It seems we spend so much on the stuff and get so little out of it.

How could that be improved?

improve efficiency of solar panels, improve efficiency of wind turbines.

improve power storage technology.

more emphasis on homes being self sufficient rather than relying fully on the grid. homes / businesses generating and storing some of their own power.

The issue with solar is that the materials required to build one are highly toxic.
The process, the wastes and the broken hardware cant be recycled or processed in any way to not be dangerous.
So basically, if the whole world switched to solar tommorow, we'd trade our healthy soil, water, etc. for an atmosphere.
Honestly, I'd rather fuck up the air than the rest.

if panels werent 5k a pop and take 20+ years to realize savings id be for it. also power storage is absolute shit right now. if i cant store months worth of usage then its pointless to spend 30k on it. on top of that shit sandwich most homes would need a complete electrical rewire to handle the solar panels and storage. i say complete because once most decent homeowners have the job started, they will quickly find their electrical is fucked and will have to get that up to date. theres 30k right there. so 50k+ to put some almost useless panels in to use
also OP is a cunty fag aussie faggot.
75% of the earth is covered in water
75% of sunrays are useless to us
kys faggot

cont cuz im a fucking badass ameribro, aussies are fags

geothermal is a very viable way to go. 12k for a usual instal (thats doing the 300ft trenching and pipe laying by yourself). here in lower michigan, the guy pays 25 a month for AC and 40 a month in winter for heat
his house is a constant 70
but the fag also built his own house with almost 8 inches of insulation
stil geothermal is a decent way to go. using the earths natural underground temp. fuck the sun

Nuclear is the only way to go, anything else is just not worth it in many different ways. Also, the only way Nuclear Power (Fusion) would work is if the rest of the world switched also. When I say switch, I mean completely and in one swift move. It can not be done of many years. If it can not be done fast, it would not be worth it either. Production costs, and the energy required for the construction would out weigh the value.

But yes, we do need to make the switch, but when I say we, I mean the entire world, not just a few countries.

What we will sell then?

fuck u. only the US deserves clean and unlimited energy. the rest of the world can go fuck themselves
fusion batts to power mech armor, next gen tech/weapons and make a push to conquor the world. easily done. but we gotta drop a few nukes here as false flags to get the amerishits on board for awhile.

You left out the most important data set: Days of nuclear power left. 6,700,000,000

Why don't we? It costs less and government lobbying. Big oil and energy also bring a lot more jobs. When we run out of natural resources we will adapt. We as a race have never been too quick to adapt unless it was absolutely nessessary. People won't give up their luxuries even if that means damning the future. I.e. The American debt.

>tfw this is the most lefty thing you ever posted

>so little out of it

Do you eat food? Congratulations, you're eating that sunshine.

>oil left
>implying oil wells aren't refilling
>implying solar is viable

my point is, the US being the only nation with clean energy would be pointless when the rest of the civilized world pollutes. It would not even matter for the climate change people. One nation going clean would in no way help anything, it has to be done together.

Just go N U C L E A R baby

This, we just need a few thorium reactors and can ditch the jewish scam known as "renewable energy" completely.

The US totally running on Fusion Energy will only be possible once the Jews and Oil Bankers are no longer in control of our politicians. We have to elect more than just a President that puts America first, but everyone else that holds a voted position. The entire reason we do not have clean energy, free energy, flying cars, bullet trains, and space travel is the power of the Jew. The technology has existed for many years, we just have to access to it.

what do you do when you run out of space to put nuclear waste

There is less waste and it's also less dangerous. Besides, are you telling me the main obstacle to infinite energy is a few storage places?

You fucking simpleton. If you want solar/wind/whatever trendy feel-good energy, try making it actually efficient, easily portable, and not reliant on rare elements.

>a few storage places

you can't keep filling what little solid ground we have with nuclear waste that stays dangerously radioactive for thousands of years

You said what space we have. Space itself is unrionically a good idea. Blast that shit 2 Mars.

i lovr waleef

>Huge solar panels in the the desert creating shade and humidity below
Why wouldn't they?

It would be better to blast it into the sun, but even then i don't think it's very economical at the minute considering the ridiculous cost of building a single rocket and then more weight you carry = more expensive it becomes to launch. plus danger of it exploding on lift off sending untold amount of radioactive particles into the atmosphere

Oil gas and coal are technically renewable.
It just takes a long time for them to renew.

nuclear waste takes up very little space u fucking retarded faggot britbong. but you wouldnt know that, you are to busy trying to follow weapons laws, dodging acid, watching your women being bred by niggers and shitskins, worrying oif your butter knife is to long and praising the queen. go fucking kill yourself britbitchfaggot

it adds up over the thousands of years it takes before you can do anything with it. that's if it doesn't find it's way out of it's concrete tomb, leaks into the environment and causes catastrophic damage. but I guess we shouldn't think about those risks now, let's think about them after they have occurred, that always works best.

Do you niggers have any idea how expensive it is to send shit to space?
Also nuclear waste is a goddamn meme, if you buried an oldschool glow in the dark clock in a cube meter of dirt, it would be considered "dangerous nuclear waste"
There are tons of places on Earth that are radioactive as balls (Natural Uranium deposits etc) nobody gives a shit because it is really all a meme the whole "stays radioactive for thousands of years" also doesn't fucking matter because yet again, there are places on earth that will stay radioactive as shit for millions and millions of years

tl;dr Nuclear waste is a leftis scare tactic

>Do you niggers have any idea how expensive it is to send shit to space?

yes, that's why i said " i don't think it's very economical at the minute considering the ridiculous cost of building a single rocket"

>Natural uranium deposits are the same as spent nuclear fuel.

>tl;dr Nuclear waste is a leftis scare tactic

I think it's time to stop pretending that leftists have tactics.

They are mind controlled sheep, they don't have foresight or the capacity to plan.

If they DID, they wouldn't be leftists.

I thought we'd agreed this was gonna get sorted cataclysmically?

if you fucking envirofags would get the fuck out of the way maybe humanity could move forward
go ahead and name FIVE nuclear waste spills from storage sites. im waiting
meanwhile faggots like you and your wind turbines slaughter hundreds of thousands of birds and bats a year. go ahead, name FIVE sites dipshit fuckwad

>it hasn't happened therefore it cannot.

remind me how long we have been generating nuclear power, how long it has been stored for and how much time the fuel has left in storage before it can be safely handled. the concrete will start deteriorating long before it's became radioactively safe, what measures are in place for upkeep in 250 years time? 500 years time?

also using so much vulgar language when you are clearly being BTFO is a sign of a dimwit.

i see, you CANNOT name a SINGLE nuclear waste storage spill.
britbong btfo. stupid faggot
admit you are wrong. god rape the queen and give the whore bone cancer