What anime did you worship as a kid but cringe at now for how shit it actually is?

What anime did you worship as a kid but cringe at now for how shit it actually is?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3lohZV1lVzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Naruto

I still think this anime is beautiful. It taught me how to love people, user.

You cry like a little bitch when watching this even now and you know it.

Clannad was and always great user.

code geass

S-Cry-Ed and Inuyasha. Both still have great opening/ending themes though.

So what really happened in CLANNAD?

>MC tries to find happiness
>Life shits on him

And then granted an ex machina. Sure, I liked having a happy ending with Nagisa still alive, but I think it would've been nice with an ending where he remarries with Fuuko.

Isn't there an ending for it in VN?
The thing Nagisa dying one time and then magically surviving other time are just different endings in VN.

This

It just has a different feel if it's animated; and besides, Tomoyo and Kyou got OVA's - it would've been nice to have a couple more.

I actually thought this was a really well written anime. Then my friend told me all the flaws and how terrible it was but it was years later that I realized what he said was true.

What about this anime makes you cringe user? Is it the whole pregnancy thing or the animation?

I thought this show was pretty good

>as a kid
>anime from 2011

I was 14/15 at that time.

Tokyo Mew Mew. Like I was a hardcore Kish/Ichigo and Zakuro/Mint shipper.

You posted it.
Realizing how autistic the girls are is hard to bear.

I worshiped it back in 2008, then began to cringe as the years went by. Then I watched it again just a few months ago and realized I was mistaken, and that it really is a fucking incredibly show, despite it's disgusting character designs and pandering elements.

you're still a kid user-chan.

>not liking Tokyo Mew Mew
WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING

>pandering elements
Please tell me you aren't seriously annoyed because the show has tits on display.

that makes me feel a little better. I was feeling like shit when I realized I was already 20 years old.

Bishi character designs pandering to fujoshits. High school SoL bullshit that panders to that fandom. It's like the show tries to incorporate every market to achieve mass-appeal. And it worked. If it was just a normal mecha show with political/thriller elements like Gundam, it wouldn't be nearly as popular (although it would be a better show).

This.

I wouldn't say I worshipped it but I used to enjoy Inuyasha. For the most part I still enjoy the same things as I used to. The only things I cringe about now are my tastes in music as a teen. CrawlingInMySkin.mp3

The terrible, autistic characters like that retarded girl who only sits in the library, or the clinically retarded girl who keeps making wooden stars

Every characters premise is based on retardation

DBZ

Bleach.

I remember running around screaming Bankai

The Street Fighter movies. Used to love all of them, but they're utter shit.

>dat chun li shower scene
>dat first fap

Exactly user, but looking back it's pretty tame.

This. Holy shit, this wouldn't be a problem if the writing has any self awareness, but it doesn't, and seeing these characters form a pseudo harem around the self insert MC, while not being able to discuss any of their shit shit with anyone else because everyone has to act like spokes revolving around him disgusts me. Everyone is a pathetic special snowflake who just happens to be helpless in the most convenient way.

>complaining about self-insert and harem in an anime based off a visual novel
You guys are a special kind of retarded, aren't you

>It's always meant to be shit, which makes you retarded for pointing it out.

>clannad
>as a kid
fucking underage

Really? The only thing it taught me is that Nagisa dies at the end of Clannad.

>I have no idea what a VN is

But it's not even just that, nobody in the series acts like a human with an inner emotional life or thought process. You can't put yourself in the shoes of any of the other characters because there's nothing there, they're seemingly mindless automatons with only minimal awareness of reality beyond the role they're created to play. That's why it's fucking weird.

I'm fully aware that VNs are garbage, so what's your point?

Inuyasha was my gateway. I've seen worse since, but back then I thought it was the greatest thing ever.

keep crying and making this thread OP.

That half your complaints with the anime are essentially what a VN is - playing the role of the main character and having path choices.

>like that retarded girl who only sits in the library,
Ever heard of Savant syndrome?
>or the clinically retarded girl who keeps making wooden stars
Because she is literally a child that spent more time in coma than living a normal life.

The example characters you're bringing up a pretty fucking bad choices, considering their odd behavior is intentional and not because of bad writing.

>form a pseudo harem around the self insert MC
That's mostly an issue of how the VN was adapted into a single straight storyline instead of a huge number of routes, each of which may feature less than a third of the whole cast.

>wooden stars
>stars
No fuck you, they're starfish. Did you even watch past like the 5th episode?

Pic related, I thought it was the lewdest thing when I first found it, and it was what really first got me into anime. Looking back now it seems so absolutely retarded in every way I wonder how I could have been entertained by it.

youtu.be/3lohZV1lVzs