ITT: Animes that make you go "That was it?" at the end

ITT: Animes that make you go "That was it?" at the end.

I rate this show a 6/10 at best.

Other urls found in this thread:

ldoceonline.com/dictionary/anime
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/anime
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/anime
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/anime
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Baby's first taste of Okada writing
Feels good doesn't it?

Nori-chan deserves to become the next Redditgahara.

More like this. ITAI was the climax and everything after was a rush toward ending it.

At least it delivered all the expected ships.

>animes

>not liking a comfy ending
only if you're a fucking pleb

>watched it until the end
Your fault.

Same. I gave it 7/10 though because it was pretty and I let myself be sucked in by the feels accidentally.

The end was the only good part.

>animes

samefag.

are you trying to tell me that they aren't "animes?"
would you prefer the more proper term: "anime television series?"

>animes

It's anime not animes, don't mind Sup Forumsutistics they get triggered easily

You can add "television series" if you want to, it's not mandatory though.

It looked pretty nice.

>It's anime not animes
No it's not. "Anime" is a descriptor. It's like saying you can't call RPGs "RPGs" and should instead say "RPG."

There is normally no plural in Japan. so would you say ninjas or ninja and samurais or samurai

'Anime' is a word similar to 'sheep', or 'bread'. The plural is the same as the singular form.

*?
forgot question mark

>Animes
>~/10
>mpv-shot0002.jpg
>1920x1080
You should get a good sleep,user. Breathe some air too

But I'm not speaking Japanese; I'm speaking English, and in English that's not the way it works.

>'Anime' is a word similar to 'sheep', or 'bread'. The plural is the same as the singular form.
Source for the English usage?

You have an issue with mpv and 1080 or something?

It's OK, OP. No need to hide your new anymore.

I find it kind of sad how this anime was so good at everything else except the narrative, and everyone is hugely devaluing it solely because of that. Cinematographic direction, art direction, sound direction, character design, scoring, voice acting were all top notch stuff here, but all anyone seems to care about on Sup Forums is the narrative- completely ignoring the value of every other technical or artistic aspect. The flowers in the ED? The rooftop scene in episode 12? The entirety of the Honoka episodes? Splendid stuff.

The story was utter schlock, but Kiznaiver is at least a 7/10 and probably an 8 because everything else was so damn good. What a great anime.

Hiroshi Kobayashi did an outstanding job here for a first timer- on everything aside from working with the writer, that is- and I hope he gets a lot more work (hopefully not saddled with shitty writers like Okada next time). He was the assistant director for Rage of Bahamut too, which was surprisingly great for the first half; he shows a lot of promise.

New people are not allowed. That's the rule.

>ITT: Animes that make you go "That was it?" at the end.
Pretty much everything that aired this season and had an ending to be quite honest.
It was a pretty underwhelming season.

Thanks for the bump.

Calling people "new" is something only new people do so they can try to fit in.

Go to school and learn about nouns, kid. This place is 18+.

whatever makes you feel better m8

Go to bed Micheal

>Animes

YOU FUCKING IDIOT

THE SINGULAR IS ANIMU AND THE PLURAL IS ANIME

?

Still waiting on that source for "anime" having the same plural and singular form in English.

Sage and report garbage threads.

>HorribleSubs

It's in the same category as rice, water, dust, wind, etc., retard. Now kindly fuck off.

The story is the crux of most anime. This wasn't slice of life shit, it was a serious anime meant to try and convey an important message.

It failed spectacularly.

The rest of it was quite good but that doesn't excuse the fact that the story went full retard. To the point where you're left bewildered by the stupidity of the characters and the plot. The lack of consequences also diminishes the character growth and cheapens the already shaky writing.

It's not like the writing was a smudge on an otherwise beautiful picture. Kiznaiver is the proverbial polished turd.

>I find it kind of sad how this anime was so good at everything else except the narrative, and everyone is hugely devaluing it solely because of that.
The narrative is one of the most important factors for any medium trying to tell a story. If the narrative is shit the rest of the work doesn't matter.

Go on any self-respecting anime news site and tell me if they use "animes".

Go on, look it up.

Where is your source?

I already posted mine in "Japanese-style animated film or television entertainment" is similar to "soap opera" or "drama." Would you call soap operas "soap opera" or dramas "drama?"

Again, I'm not using the Japanese term. I'm using the English term. So please, provide me a source that clearly states that the plural form of "anime" in English is "anime" and not "animes."

>inb4 was just an advertisement for source material

Anime is a name of the industry, not a name for particular series.

Neither of these guys, but how would you refer to multiple kanji?

"kanji" or "kanjis"?

>"Japanese-style animated film or television entertainment" is similar to "soap opera" or "drama." Would you call soap operas "soap opera" or dramas "drama?"
This is bait right? Just in case you are quite literally this retarded, it's describing it as similar entertainment, not similar in terms of english word usage. I can't believe I have to explain this.

>Anime is a name of the industry, not a name for particular series.
Wrong again. See image.

Ever used a dictionary? Notice the letter (u)? It means uncountable.
To quantify it, use 'anime series', 'a bag of rice', 'a piece of advice', etc.
Free lesson.

>But I'm not speaking Japanese; I'm speaking English

>insisting on butchering foreign words

There is no source because japan don't plural their shit i like said before, how about you stop getting triggered by meme arrows you piece shit.

>Arguing the specifics of the english language on an African Tree Copal forum

>but I speak english hurr durr why should I care

I already know what his response is gonna be.

t. Popcorns

Yeah, this is where I disagree. I feel that valuing the narrative as absolute over every single other facet of a work is unfair and possibly a childish way of looking at things- no offense intended.

Calling it a polished turd especially disgusts me, as it relegates all these other elements to being mere frills with little to no artistic value. To me, it's as if saying that a painting has intrinsically less work than a novel. Just because a work tells a story, doesn't mean that that's the only thing it does, or even what should be focused on.

Kanji is a form of writing similar to Chinese Hanzi.
The word Hanzi can be translated as "Chinese Characters" and so can Kanji. It is already pluralized.

"A Japanese animated film or television program" is not the same.

>Notice the letter (u)? It means uncountable.
I don't notice the letter (u) anywhere in this definition.

>an-uh-mey
what the fuck

We wuz anime and shit

>A-nime 2 syllables
Into the trash it goes

That's a shitty fucking website, the word is pronounced [an-eem-ay]

I don't see a (u) here either. I see a noun that should be pluralized just like any other regular noun.

Post your source for anime being singular and plural outside of the Japanese language.

You don't even speak English.
ldoceonline.com/dictionary/anime

>an-uh-may
Filthy gaijin, it's アニメ

>Post your source for anime being singular and plural outside of the Japanese language.
It's a Japanese fucking word.

Lurk 2 years before posting.

Nice thread faggot.

If you insist on how the naming works, Oxford name it 'mass noun', aka uncountable noun.

>This obscure dictionary is more credible than fucking Merriam-Webster
Are you sure you want to do this?

No, the Japanese word is アニメ. The English word is "anime."

Reminder that I wanted to discuss a completely different topic in this thread, and that you are all derailing it horribly.

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/anime
anime ‎(countable and uncountable, plural anime)

(uncountable) An artistic style originating in, and associated with, Japanese animation, and that has also been adopted by a comparatively low number of animated works from other countries.  [quotations ▼]
(countable) An animated work originated in Japan, regardless of the artistic style.  [quotations ▼]
(rare, countable, chiefly proscribed) An animated work, regardless of the country of origin.

If you'd posted here before you'd know that >animes would be your only response. Please

>Oxford name it 'mass noun', aka uncountable noun.
Where?

>wikitionary
Lol.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
EP 13: youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

Hey retard rhis is the last post. Go to Oxford online. It has 'mass noun'. Also go google what the fuck Pearson Longman dictionary is before you talk stupid underage.

>Mods still didn't delete this guy's Sup Forums account

wikitionary has a plural for the work, fuck off faggot

oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/anime

Wikitionary is not more credible than Oxford, WolframAlpha, or Dictionary.com.

It's like citing Urbandictionary.

It's "anime".

In context, it's clear if you mean it in plural or not.

It's like the word "corn", honestly.

nice keitais

You see, the difference between your link and mine is that oxford is using the American English definition of "anime," while yours is using some other form of English.

I am American, so I speak American English.

And here we go.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

>American education

tengaXchidori is a fucking crime

Thanks phone doctor!

Stop fucking butchering the japanese language, asshole.

Anime endings that made you go "That'll do pig...that'll do"

>Stop fucking butchering the japanese language, asshole.
I'm not butchering anything. I'm using the proper pluralization for an American English word, and you are shitposting about how it's wrong and I should be using the British English definition.

Do you not realize that there are different forms of English or something?

Why hasn't this bait thread been deleted yet?

>anime
>english word

While we're at it, Keit-ai doesn't make any sense.

It's pronounced Kei-tai. You can't write Keit-ai in Japanese. It's retarded.

See oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/anime
>american_english/anime

none of them
at least not recently
there's no room for dramatic and fulfilling conclusions when anime has to be milked for potential subsequent seasons

Mods can't do their meme jobs right

"animes" is used by disgusting "lol i'm aan O-TACK-OO xDDD" types, so Sup Forums rightfully attacks anyone using it to make people like that feel unwelcome. You would know this if you'd

Mamoru Oshii is probably the only director in the world who makes art films under the guise of traditional anime.
That's an example taken from the Oxford. They don't use plural retard. And you don't see 'an anime' anywhere

From your very own link.
Can you explain why it doesn't say "animes" here?
Good job shooting yourself in the foot.

How can there be such a stupid person?

The second one seems better, IMO.

>art films under the guise of traditional anime

>A style of Japanese film and television animation
So again, I will refer to other "styles" of film and television. Do you refer to "Thrillers" as "Thriller?" "Dramas" as "Drama?"

>moving the goalpost

Answer that user's question.