What's the most pretentious anime you've ever watched?

What's the most pretentious anime you've ever watched?

Kino no tabi

Naruto
Like wtf i didn't understand all those jitsus lol so pretentius just amke it easier to understand you pretentios tryhards

>image.jpg
Out.

Bakemonogatari

paranoia agent wasn't pretentious

kyoto zombie

Zetsuen no Tempest

Boku no Pico
Like wtf i didn't understand all that symbolism just say ehat you'r going to say lmao

>I don't know what pretentious means
Good for you.

Ghost in the Shell: innocence
>second half of the movie is literally nothing but DEEP quotes

grave of the fireflies

RahXephon

K-On!

Ergo Proxy

>getting this triggered

Lain

Not OP. But what does this image name imply?
Reddit?

>being this retarded

iphone.

Your post.

legend of the galactic heroes has to be one of the most pretentious of all time.

>baww I will fight capitalism hating on Iphone!

Fucking mongoloids. I swear.

Eva

Hows the wifi in starbucks? Reminder that liberal arts is not a real degree and you should probably go ahead and kill yourself.

autist

fuck off

>let's call good things pretentious because we don't understand them
Pretty irritating thread OP.
Eureka 7 is sort of pretentious, I guess, I don't really remember it though. But anyone who isn't intelleigent enough to understand Paranoia Agent, Serial Experiments: Lain or Revolutionary Girl Utena but can still type a full sentence should be applauded for working so hard to overcome their intellectual disability.

Either Evangelion or Ergo Proxy

>because we don't understand them
That's not how it works. They're pretentious because they have nothing to understand.

Also Eureka Seven isn't pretentious at all. It's literally just the perfect anime.

Texhnolyze

Pretty good

How's your mother's wifi?

Bikini Warriors

It's fine but not as good as your mother's.

I WANNA FLY AWAY
KOTAE WO MOTOMETE

>using wifi
Iphone fags, everybody.

This post was the most pretentious shit I've read all week

Bravo

This short from Genius Party, it tries way too hard to be deep
>Let's just a cram a bunch of quotes about life, death and shit guys, it werks

Kanashitty no Belladonna

Fuck this garbage.

>being glued to your chair 24/7
I can smell the Cheetos on your breath from here

Forget that, phonefags are cancer. Period.

I'm silly-posting on this sub using Starbucks wifi

AMA lol

Texhnolyze

>summer's just a meme, they said

Holy fuck, this. This segment is by far the most pretentious piece of shit I've ever seen.

I've never seen this board this triggered over someone posting from a phone

You people seriously should consider getting out more. Drop your "lel normies
are scum," attitude, get off your high horses and quit being degenerative faggots

You people are honestly worse than the people you mock

has nothing to do with no-
Why am I even explaining this to you? If you knew you wouldn't be a problem

dumb phoneposter, use Urobuchi next time.

Please stop. Someone will think you're serious and actually adopt that viewpoint.

(You)

I came here just to agree with you. Anyone who wants to use the word pretentious in regards to anime should have to try and watch this garbage.

Harmony

>lol

Go kill yourself, you goddamn normalfags.

>They're pretentious because they have nothing to understand
But that's not true, none of the three anime I listed are even close to pretentious.

Lain - teenage girl dealing with her personality;who she is and who others see her as. The show uses "the wired" as an analogue for this because it creates a visual for the idea of 'the self'. And computers were cool at the time (post-humanist cyberpunk etc)

Need I go on? Like, it's all surface level.

So you don't know what pretentious means? Because I didn't do anything other than state literal facts,

I know it's just another inconsequential, "normie" thing that you group of neckbeards found to mock to make yourselves feel better about your pathetic lives

This board is nothing but a hug box for degenerates

>here's my interpretation of Lain ergo it's not pretentious
Get your logical fallacies out of here.

Nice Freudian

Then why are you here? Why not go somewhere else?

Highlight one fact that you stated

Because I've been posting on Sup Forums for 8 years and I'm not leaving just because a couple of faggots can't wrap their heads around the idea of someone leaving their house.

>Get your logical fallacies out of here
>Get your surface level reading of a cartoon that has be written about extensively and is widely considered a post-humanist masterpiece by experts out of here
Alright, it's nice that you literally know nothing at all outside of your Sup Forums anime hivemind lifestyle, but there are actual people in the world who are able to actual watch something and know what it means. It's a really common skill among people with functioning minds. Maybe you should outright avoid anything with a point behind it in the future, since it seems to upset you - maybe stick to moe loli doki doki no pico school festival.

>Highlight one fact that you stated
I'll highlight two
>Pretty irritating thread OP
>anyone who isn't intelleigent enough to understand Paranoia Agent, Serial Experiments: Lain or Revolutionary Girl Utena but can still type a full sentence should be applauded for working so hard to overcome their intellectual disability

And again I'd like to commend you on your hard work, good look in the upcoming Special Olympics, I hear you're the favourite in the shitposting and dilettante competitions this time around.

>get your logical fallacies out of here, yes that includes ad populum
Wow. It's blatantly obvious you've never read a book in your life. All you do is parrot something you can't even comprehend

nigga

>parrot something you can't even comprehend
Nice conjecture, I haven't parroted anything but rather noted that people have written about it. People far more qualified than you. If you can't actually produce a valid statement to back up your argument that you're not smart enough to understand a nearly 20 year old cartoon so it must be bad then maybe you should just stop being an idiot and go back to your Naruto thread or a newsagents in Bristol or wherever it is idiots congregate.

>le ad populum xd
Nice fallacy fallacy me m8