So I just finished Kekkai Sensen and I know I'm a few seasons late (I had it on hold ever since I heard the studio took...

So I just finished Kekkai Sensen and I know I'm a few seasons late (I had it on hold ever since I heard the studio took forever to release the last episode) but I absolutely loved it.
I loved the character interactions, the setting, how much style the show had, especially when attacks would appear in big katakana/kanji letters on screen.
Kekkai Sensen thread?

Any news for a second season?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j3SlUmr_T4g
youtube.com/watch?v=r5_OpBw8t3s&index=2&
youtube.com/watch?v=lS1EJDK4CzE&
youtube.com/watch?v=m5Ypu-XdE94&
nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=0_0&filter=0&term=MangaTraders Archive
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anybody?

ZAPP DICKSUCK

Zapp was great
I'm mad we didn't get to see more episodes focused on the rest of the cast, like Zed or their teacher.
Or even that ice guy. It was great for what it was but it should have been 24 episodes instead of 12.

BONES already got Bungou Stray Dogs and Boku no Hero S2 announced so I doubt S2 is coming any time soon, It sold pretty well if I remember.

Yeah. Sold realy well. Best sales for Bones in years. So it's not impossible. Then again it's not purely up to them either.

The one major problem was apparently production on that show got totally fucked three ways to Sunday and literally the last episode ended up in production hell. They may go back to it, but they are gonna make sure their shit is together first.

i fucking loved that shit man, kekkai feels pretty underrated.
i think the wonky release on the last episode kinda killed the hype for some people. the story had a pretty satisfying conclusion though, im not sure if i want a second season.

There is an OVA out but nobody has subbed it

BSD was split cour from the start, it's not a real second season.

I imagine a Kekkai Sensen S2 or movie will happen next year.

That's good to hear, even though the things with Black and White were anime original, it was surprisingly enjoyable. I loved how her relationship developed with Leo's.
According to some other user, I heard that the anime handled the original anime story so well, that it fits inside the manga time line as well. And that the episodic nature of the manga makes having a second season possible and easily doable
I'm keeping my hopes up

>literally the last episode ended up in production hell

It's just that thanks to its overwhelming success, they decided to make the finale a double length special but all the timeslots in the following season had already been sold to that season's shows so they had to wait a season before airing it.

You liked the edgefest that was Zetsubou's "I'm immortal and want to die can you stop me without killing my host Hero?"
I liked it except for the reveal of Black and White's story. Thought it was weak.

Dark Horse are a bunch of dumbfucks. They translated the first 7 volumes and then took a bit shit on translating it anymore after the anime starting airing, despite the fact that logic would have dictated the contrary.

i miss white

>how much style the show had, especially when attacks would appear in big katakana/kanji letters on screen

I recommend Bungo Stray Dogs

OAV NEED SUBS

>You liked the edgefest that was Zetsubou's "I'm immortal and want to die can you stop me without killing my host Hero?"
Wasn't the antagonist basically Satan or some ancient evil being that has grown apathetic throughout history and decided to take over some innocent psychic boy?
And I loved the buildup in the final episodes, they were just perfect, at least to me.
White was really likable and it just made the last episode that much more tragic

Was a vampire

I remember them listing a bunch of names Zetsubou supposedly went by. Blue was one. Lucifer might be another. But they didn't make it believable. They could have called him Jack the Ripper or George Washington. It was just a name list.

Me too user, me too

>It's just that thanks to its overwhelming success, they decided to make the finale a double length special
As expected of Kyousagiga's director
If there comes a second season of this anime, I hope she directs it

She loves it and gives the series her all, so I imagine she would.

She directed and storyboarded the new OVA that hasn't been subbed yet too.

>Any news for a second season?
No.
Recently an OVA came out though. We're still waiting.

All that shit with Black and White was anime original. But they were executed really well. The thing that is off-putting about a second season is that they made Black look like a the biggest bad of the bunch.

I don't keep up with the manga, but yes, I want more. That fucking music, fám.

ATASHI HOWAITO

Yuurei Nano

>The thing that is off-putting about a second season is that they made Black look like a the biggest bad of the bunch.
The charm of the show was always in what borderline apocalyptic situations the unique types of characters get into
And as mentioned by the show, those events are the norm and are to happen from time to time since the setting is based right on the portal/barrier
I remember reading a chapter posted here that had Chain go against an elite group of invisible werewolves and the tension was still there.
Black and White's parents were also known to assist in saving the world a handful of times
I love how Kekkai Sensen's world is full of oddities that can easily tips the scales of great scenarios

it was the best anime of its season

it was the best anime of its season and the season that aired the finale
Fuck I need the OVA subs soon

youtube.com/watch?v=j3SlUmr_T4g
The ED was amazing

yeah, the finale being so late was its only failure
that and the sort of confusing plot

I thought it was ok. Probably would've enjoyed it more if it weren't for me not knowing what the fuck was going on half the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=r5_OpBw8t3s&index=2&
youtube.com/watch?v=lS1EJDK4CzE&
youtube.com/watch?v=m5Ypu-XdE94&

The soundtrack was great period

I know what you mean, but I love how the show periodically when more into the world building, like it periodically went into the subject of Blood Breeds, Oddities, the Barrier, Psychics, and the 13 Kings.
It kept me guessing and I loved the cryptic nature of the show. You know it somehow makes sense because the disbelief that comes from the barrier is already there.
I should really read the manga
A shame about Darkhorse publishing thing that I hear from that other user here

Subs fucking when.
Apparently KS doesn't sell very well in the West so they probably thought it wasn't worth the resources. It is really baffling that they didn't try to put out anything when the anime was airing, since that time frame was the best chance to get good sales.

never forget best side character

Remember that this will never be better than Trigun. Remember that the protagonist group is just a good version of the gung ho guns, and all of the "vampires" are just rampant plants.

It's overrated trash. It's more of an unfunny comedy with action on the backburner that we barely get until the latter episodes

>burger harmonica

>It's overrated trash.
You could have done with your opinion without the buzzwords user
It only invalidates everything you said afterwards

The show sucks and you have shit taste.

I don't mind
As long as there are other people on here that appreciate it with me, we can all have shit taste together

>no subs for OVA yet

And I thought waiting for the finale was suffering.

The OVA was some really good shit thou.

>he posted it again

It was my favorite show of the year, easy.

>tfw your waifu is animeonly
>tfw she dies

Why is getting scans if this so hard?

I'm working on it but I'm very slow and real life keeps getting in the way.

Godspeed my friend.

Thanks. I've been working on this for over a year though, sometimes my pace is really distressing and I worry no one will be interested by the time I finish. Oh well.

>and I worry no one will be interested by the time I finish
I'll be cheering you on my friend
Just keep us posted when you decide to release them in bulk through MT or Madokami. Or some download link

dmca

Sup Forums used to love this. But 6 months delay and everyone then hated it

Even with Hibike?

I'm planning on Mado but I'm apprehensive about its lifespan after Mangatraders and the various archives, we'll see. I'll definitely try to post it on any future threads, maybe make my own if there aren't any for a long time. Did Mangatraders come back without me realizing?

Is there literally any information on what Matsumoto is doing next? Is she gonna stick with Bones or was it a one time deal?

Yeah , but it's by a different admin, with half the database. If you can IRC make yourself a madokami account because it's more reliable, Im sure if you pry long enough on google or Sup Forums archives or reddit threads you'll find instructions to get into them. It's not too hard.
The database for all the manga in the old MT site was uploaded in Nyaa.

nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=0_0&filter=0&term=MangaTraders Archive spoonfeeding because it could use some seeders

I had an account but it stopped working for some reason, I'll probably make a new one eventually. Thanks for the update on MT though, didn't know about that.

Zed is best boy!

Yes.

You're not allowed to admit Hibike is good until Kyoani makes another unquestionably good to great TV anime

no problem

It's my first post ITT

The kind of people who adore Matsumoto's frenetic style, and the deliberate perfection of Kyoani are completely different. So yeah.

Kyousogiga was 2013, with most of it being made/planned beforehand

Expect anywhere between 2-4 years before she has another big project unless a committee decides she's a big deal

She's had two solid successes now, surely someone wants her. Give her an episode of LWA to direct, she'd do a good job there.

>13 years old

He was an immortal spirit being that had been around for the entire history of humans possessing them over and over again and was supposed to be a ton of famous figures and people throughout history, but over time has grown suicidal from boredom and depression due to being so old but unable to reach an end to his life. His big plan was essentially to wipe himself from existence by colliding the two worlds together because not existing is as close to death as he could get.

Leo fucked up his plan but he seems a little happier in the end.

I'll never forget when the last episode aired and it was supposed to reveal his name but I couldn't watch the stream, people were posting about him being Hitler in the thread without context and I thought that was the reveal, he's just literally Hitler. I miss the threads.

kohina a cute

literally hitler

Both the anime and manga are already way better than the anime or manga for Trigun.

Manga doesn't sell and is flopping so second season never

It's selling pretty decently in Japan actually.

I just want to see a S2 for Leo's fight.

I loved the style of the anime and the characters. The whole of the anime was garbage, though. The character interactions were way too rushed, and the pacing was about as consistent as a Mexican jumping bean. It felt like certain characters were introduced to be used for plot development or character growth, but were then just shunted off into the background. I feel like it was trying too hard to have a multi-lead cast, but fell flat when it came time to actually put forth the time to develop anything more than a shallow introduction for most of the cast.

Also Abrams was best girl.