Is Steins;Gate just weeb trash?

Main male character with a lame sidekick surrounded by waifus. Am I wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

chaoschildanime.com/
chaoschildanime.com/hekihou_press/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're on the wrong website, why don't you fuck off to reddit

I'm watching this shit as we speak. I'm on episode 7. People say its a great anime and I see nothing good about it so I want to know what makes it good.

>People say its a great anime
Yes, reddit does that.

Just finished episode 7. The plot thickens. But it still took 7 episodes to get here.

It's good as an anime, and a great adaptation of the VN.

It's one major problem is that it takes around 10 episodes to get to the plot. In its defense, the VN does the same slow start up. Without it, the character interactions wouldn't make sense.

I'd also like to think it makes you care more about the characters. It doesn't make the same mistake Madoka does, which is fast action where nobody gives a fuck about who dies since you know them all of 4 episodes.

Woah, getting triggered already Mr. Sensitive. Perhaps you should be the one to leave. Also Steins Gate is literally the highest ranked anime in MAL, normalfags love this shit.

Yet it was the lame sidekick that got a cute wife and cuter daughter.

All anime is weeb trash

I just finished all the episodes + alternative episode + the film and I enojoyed all. No plotholes, no dead times, the story is in crescendo and mix together thriller, drama, gag and romance.
I agree that you need some episodes to get into the real shit but after episode 12 I couldn't manage to stop myself from finishing it. Really satisfying in the end and big plus to the dubbing in my native language (you don't find every day an anime with japanese jockes decently dubbed in another language).

An also, one of the best statement in anime history!

>watching the dub

You are part of the problem.

>no dead times
>you need some episodes to get into the real shit but after episode 12

It's a fair adaptation of an excellent VN, part of a well written SciAdv series.

Complaints about slow pacing are justified, but they are necessary to establish a base. It's similar to the "Hero's Journey" method. You need something to lose or be taken away from for there to be meaning and impact.

And if you think the ending is deus ex machina or earned for free, Chiyomaru addresses that too. Go watch some more anime and you'll start to realize that S;G and the SciAdv series in general is a somewhat rare gem of anime/VNs that is written with genuine care for the quality of the characters, plot, and setting with an author who actually cares about his work. Finding an ongoing series like that in this industry is something to be cherished.

Steins;gate is great because of the sciencey shit, Sup Forums shoutouts, etc. It's fan service weeb trash with a complex plot and cute girls everywhere. The VN is good too.

being slow doesn't mean being a death time. I enjoyed the show since begin, was just agreeing with OP that a viewer can find a lack of substance in firsts episodes but it's just about expectations. Personally if I see 24 episodes I know it will take some time to get to the main event but in Steins;Gate it's not boring to get there.

kurisu best girl

Pretty sure the shoutouts are to 2chan, the board Sup Forums was based on.

shame on me indeed but probably part of my taxes went into that dub so screw it, was worth

threadly fucking reminder than both the dub and sub are good, but they should be regarded as completely different series

>everything that ranked higher in a certain site is a normalfag incarnation
>implying Sup Forums is not full of weebs and normalfags
>implying you and me are not weebs
>implying liking jap culture makes you a weeb even though it is
>implying Eva is not a normalfag attractor, it's overrated shit

I can't condone a dub which alters the personality of characters to be different from who they were in the original and doesn't even do an acceptable job conveying the depth or humor in their interactions. Then there's the standard dub issues of stilted voice acting since they aren't even in the same room.

you didnt watch the fucking dub, because if you did you would know that they did do an acceptable job conveying the humor and interactions, they were just FUCKING DIFFERENT. Its the same plotline with different characters, and it is just as good as the nip script

>lame sidekick
don't you dare talk shit about my man Daru

Lurk more.

Also, read the VN nerd.

>different characters
A dub isn't supposed to change the fucking characters, it's supposed to be a translation.

>replacing net humor with Star Trek, comic book, and literature references
>turning Daru from an otaku and tech guy into a generic "bro"
>Mayuri's subtle acknowledgements of Okabe's suffering, especially her line of telling him he can cry for himself changed to "you can cry now if you want"
>implying stilted voice acting is ever acceptable for conveying humor and interactions

>same plotline with different characters

I'm not here for Steins;Gate: The Alternative Interpretation. I'm here for Steins;Gate as it was intended to be experienced. I don't want a knockoff or a "fan's interpretation". Why should anyone settle for anything less than the original work? If you think it's actually ok for that kind of shit to fly, then you are highlighting a fundamental difference in thought process I want no part of.

Fucking this. I'm OK with dubs in general, like I actually prefer the dub of Kanon, but the Steins;gate dub is a cultural failure.

Fucking this, I really couldn't connect with the characters in Madoka, and didn't feel any of the "emotional" stuff, especially since I knew going in it'd turn into edgy urobuchi stuff. The fact that I marathoned it in 1 night only made it worse.
Watching weekly with Sup Forumsnons must've been a vastly better way to experience than what any new viewers will go through.

Steins;Gate, on the other hand, got the characters just right.

>the anime is shiiiiiiit
>he has watched only 7 episodes

Get off Sup Forums and complete the whole anime without stopping after each episode to inform Sup Forums about your opinions - nobody cares until you've watched it all.

Would you care if some random nobodies were killed in episode 2, user? The first 10-11 episodes are there to make you attached to the characters.

Watch it to the end and you're probably gonna be praising it as a fucking masterpiece.

Yes the majority of characters who aren't Kurisu are pretty shallow with Okabe's osananajimi coming off as if she suffers from brain damage, even Kurisu is reduced to otaku pandering garbage at times.

Whose eyes are those eyes?

Those eyes are god's eyes?

The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god. The Rikishi Seals are god.

Less than 11 hours until announcement.
chaoschildanime.com/

>11 hours
Make it 5.
And there's this.
chaoschildanime.com/hekihou_press/

My bad, I thought countdown was already showing in Japan time.

The plot thickens even more when you finish episode 12