High fantasy anime and mange thread

Sharp your blades, prepare your spells, fill your potions and roll.

We are having lot of them lately, I'm pleased.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-06-30/short-story-contest-bans-traveling-to-an-alternate-world-fantasy/.103755
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not enough helmet, I'm afraid.

I still wonder...why all the reencarnation and world traveling?

It is so hard to write a fantasy story about people that is from that world?

I mean, I would understand if that was something with meanin on the story, if the MC wants to return his world or something and the quest is about finding a path home, but in most cases there is literally no reason at all for the character to be from another world.

You're talking about Re:zero, right?

>fantasy story about people native to the fantasy world

But then how will otaku self-insert?

You are retarded.

Wrong quote buddy, cringy subaru self insert isn't in this thread.

You can relate to people from our world. Focusing on the natives is too alienating for the viewer.

Its a lazy way to introduce a fantasy setting.
Instead of building a setting, you just have the character come from our world and then the world gets video game mechanics for some reason.
It gives the average person an easier time with regard to digesting information about the setting. It allows readers/viewers to self-insert much more easily, and the video game mechanics give people a simple way of knowing how the world works.

It's kinda like why people say that excessive world building for a D&D group is bad.
There's no point going to absurd amounts of detail in your mind when the players won't give a shit about it. It's far easier to just go 'oh, its like that thing from that game you know', and operate within familiar territory for the audience, instead of trying too hard to come up with something too original and losing a lot of appeal in the process.

Isekai shit would probably be decent without the whole 'isekai' thing and just as their own fantasy setting, it's just that its probably a lot easier and more profitable from a writing perspective to make things isekai shit.

i makes it easier to explain stuff to the audience about the world without it having to seem contrived that pepole are having to explain things about everyday life to them.

That might be the stupidest post in this thread thus far. I hope you're proud.

You are retarded.

I could be a huge retard and your post would still make you the biggest retard around. As I said, be proud.

>It allows readers/viewers to self-insert much more easily

Personally I find harder to relate with the world that way. Its hard to me get on setting when there is a guy that constantly remembers you its from another world. If the story have game gimmicks is even harder because I think on it as a game, not as a world.

Just make a character who live in dumbfuck nowhere then.

Nope, my post can be stupidiest as it can be, but you're still a retard.

I wish someone would scanlate lindbergh

Most of them are shit. Crap like Shield Hero, Helck or Overlord are cancer and I'm thankful that filters exist.

I still marvel at how many people have trouble accepting that cliches are just cliches.

And you just named three of the best, if you saw all the crap I read the vein in your head would explode.

Is this fucking Maou no Hajimekata? That shit's like Bastard except even dumber.

>Nips holds a short story contest
>They ban Isekai stories from the list of things you can write about
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-06-30/short-story-contest-bans-traveling-to-an-alternate-world-fantasy/.103755

>dat remove goblin MC
Based

Best shit in a pile of shit is still shit

Do you want this thread to get sent to /jp/ too?

Is chapter 2 translated?

>lazy

Don't be stupid user.

Welp, you can replace your other world main character by a clueless dumb villager in a remote village and nothing would change at all, you can write the thing you wanted and respect the rules.

>muh self insert
You can self insert as anything you want. Haven't you heard of role playing? It's kind of like that. You can insert as anything you want to, it's the damn point of a fantasy setting. Fantasy is for fantasizing.

What counts as high fantasy

the best, forever and always

Sauce!

Does scrapped princess count as high fantasy?
I certainly was high while watching it.

no, but go find out what it is it's pretty good

> It begins as high fantasy and then quickly mixes into varying degrees of post-apocalyptic and science fiction elements through the application of Clarke's third law.

I knew I remembered something like that, I really should rewatch it sober.

Indeed, its not that hard to fantasize, empatize, self-insert or whatever you want to call. I don't really see a need to "make it easier" neither.

For the most part it is...until you know... aliens.

Musoku Tensei is the only reincarnation story done right. Only three people get sent to the fantasy world, ORIGINALLY only two did but one summoned the third. One of which is never even introduced because of plot reasons.

Conflicts from the real world continue to parallel in the fantasy and the MC does healing that he couldn't obtain in reality.

Why did Shield hero have to turn to shit? It started out so good.

log horizon

Helck is great!

>Why did Shield hero have to turn to shit? It started out so good.

I only read the manga, don't know how the novel goes but, I still like the manga at least

Shield Hero threads were the best

That one is fun.

the third on got sent in the era of his child where they fought the human god right?
and where is the shield hero threads? Haven't seen any lately

one* fucking typo

the anime isn't that good, manga and novels are way better

>why don't people like repetition as much as I do hurr durr

>always wanted to read Slayers
>all those fucking manga

There's so many, don't even know where to start.

Volume 1 Chapter 1

What about the one that goes back in time in a parallel world and merges with his self there.
He tries to train earlier and change how he did a lot of things and instead of clearing the giant labirynth to get the magic sword he decides to dig a tunnel directly to the treasure chamber.

Read Aqua Lord its pretty much stand alone and is considered one of the best manga

oh yeah i remember that one, he fought the demon lord or something and got sent back right?

these guys get it

Medieval Mayhem, Super Explosive Demon Story, Hourglass of Falces, Future, Premium, Special, Knight of Aqualord, Revolution, Light Magic, or Evolution-R?

Yeah apparently that demon lord did not bother with demihuman kingdoms until he suddenly did attack.
Hero finished him as he was preparing the go back ritual with the dragon blood crystal or so.
It is implied that he actually never wanted to attack the humans, but he needed many lives as sacrifices to fill the crystal to undo something in the past as that is how MC went back.
I just do not remember the damn name.

its Tsuyokute New Saga

Thanks, I'm going to go see where it goes. It seem to imply the MC was the Demon Lord.

How so?
Did I miss something?
The demon lord that attacked took over the demon kingdom like 500 years before the MC was born and apparently they can only go back into their past selfs in a parallel world.

>I HATE EVERYTHING THAT IS POPULAR AM I COOL YET?

Fuck off, kid.

>reincarnation/alt world travel is banned
>people just ripoff Yuusha ga Shinda

welp

>story about fat otaku who knows everything and bangs all the girls is good
>overlord and konosuba are shit

Yeah okay, enjoy your power fantasy then faggot

Hey at least it's an improvement.