Holy shit Sup Forums you told me Berserk was good but fuck man I just finished reading Golden Arc and fuck man I never...

Holy shit Sup Forums you told me Berserk was good but fuck man I just finished reading Golden Arc and fuck man I never knew a manga could make me fucking cry of sheer anger.
Thanks Sup Forums best recommendation I think it's now my favorite manga I thinks it's still a tie with Steel Ball Run

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9TRemrRaPjc
youtu.be/pPDzhvnFtAo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Man, I love old school covers like that.

What made you cry in anger specifically, if I might ask? Curious on what scenes got that kind of reaction from you, since there's a lot in that arc!

Jesus Christ, how new are you? Fuck off.

The eclipse it fucking got me mad as fuck

I'm not new I just never read Berserk sorry man. Also who the hell can say Griffith did nothing wrong unless there is something that redeems him later on, he is my most hated character.

stop there.

now start vinland saga.

You're very fucking clearly new to Sup Forums and manga.

I don't actually read a lot of mango it's true I only watch and read psychological thrillers I'm not a fan of big burly men that much the only big buff series i like is Jojo and now Berserk
Sorry for not reading more mango Sup Forums likes I almost missed out a great series because I didn't hear you guys.

Make sure to read all of Berserk.

Even more so now that they got off the boat.

Is the anime good?
Are the movies good?

now id only it'll go somewhere.

Let the hate flow through you.

I love the anime, mostly for that primo 90s aesthetics, but it had a budget of maybe 10 dollars, so the quality is really spotty

Movies are pretty bad regardless of cgi, imo. The horrible cgi just makes it that much worse

>I only watch and read psychological thrillers
So you've seen like 50 anime tops,
and by your own admission barely read manga, but you're still insisting that you aren't new to Sup Forums?

As that user said, fuck off.

I just know the anime had a fucking weird intro like it was bordeline homosexual

I think you mean a badass one if you put your grasses oun

youtube.com/watch?v=9TRemrRaPjc

It has good VAs, and solid design, its pretty fun.

Also its obligatory to watch so you can read the manga with the OST from Susumu.

>Also its obligatory to watch so you can read the manga with the OST from Susumu.
Completely forgot about this. If nothing else, watch it for the absolute tops soundtrack.

We shall never have anything like it again. Those heavy synths and old electronica creates an otherworldly feel to the medieval world of berserk, especially golden age.

Fucking watch the anime.

What arcs does it cover?

Golden Age with a couple bits cut out.

First episode covers the snake duke, rest is golden age. Does a much better job than the movies, keeps the cut material to a minimum. Although, I wish guts was a little more emotional in the show

Don't let the Griffithfags get to you user
Keep that hatred alive inside you for when Guts finally cuts Griffith's gayboy head off

Is the Caska rape scene animated?
I just want to know for reasons..

Being bitch slapped and told the truth by Rickert, is already enough for me to die content.

Yeah I remember when I first read The Eclipse. I had so many emotions, I couldn't handle it. Still the greatest climax to an arc I've seen.

There is nothing homo about Berserk's OP.

I wish he did more. I guess rickert wasn't there at the eclipse to know the full extent of Griffith's asshole expansion, but I wish he tore into him just a little bit more

Griffith did nothing wrong is meme tier. Nobody actually believes that.

Really man guts smiling sexily guts naked looking at the sky a flower burning.
Put your glasses on.
Tell me that's not gay

Jesus fuck this autism

No, but the third movie does. In graphically horrifying detail.

The fact that you find a smiling man to be homo says more about you than anything, really.

You would be surprised.

The anime is also pretty rough.

Hmmmm time to see the movie

Delete this

You better get used to rape, because the mangaka has a fucking fetish for that edgy shit

Oh, please. Berserk is one of the few manga/stories that actually uses rape in a way that actually impacts the story.

I'm thinking of buying the first volume of Berserk right now to give it a go.

I like the first couple volumes, but they have no impact on the rest of the story, and don't really reflect it all that well, despite explaining some important stuff like how hell and apostles work

The scene of Guts stabbing his arm off is excruciating to watch and hear. And then he starts to pull it off, nice and slow. With close-ups of the veins and muscles tearing apart.

The most surprising bit, though, is when Guts tries to stab Femto. Instead of just being stopped and thrown back uselessly like in the manga, you see Ubik and Slan, with Ubik gloating "What use can a mere human do against a being that has transcended the mortal coil?", only for Ubik and Slan to be rendered speechless by Guts succeeding to overcome Femto's powers through sheer force of will and almost succeed in killing him, much to Femto's utter shock.

the best thing about the first few volumes is that it establishes Guts & Griffith's relationship and makes the golden age more suspenseful really. It's not a bad arc, but it's arguably the worst one in the series (yes even more than fantasia)

The art is pretty iffy on the first volumes I think it gets really good on volume 27

You got a point but every fucking time a female character is in danger it's rape and it's just getting annoying

I don't know, I really hate the water god stuff. The absolute low point for me.

It's just like real life you dummy

(you)

>Berserk
>real life
Pick one

The entirety of Volume 8 was the peak of the Golden Age and my favorite part of the whole manga.

>dat glorious victory
>dat party and aftermath
>guts in a hat
>that bar conversation with Corkus and Judeau
>dat goodbye

rereading that always makes me sad. They were so close to everything they ever wanted

>3dpd

the best part of the golden age for me was early on, when Guts and Griffith first encounter Zodd. It was just masterfully done suspense. You think Guts is going to kill him cause I mean he's killed other apostles before and he steamrolled all his other opponents before, but no he gets rekt. So does Griffith, but not before Zodd reminds us that things will go to shit despite everything seeming placid right now. Perfect way to introduce a "fantasy" element into the series too, goddamn Miura was such a great storyteller .

>guy who barely watches anime or reads manga comes to the anime and manga board
>it's autism to tell him to fuck off
Join him.

I like the way the story starts in media res. Like all great stories.
Zodd had a bigger impact on me because I did not had read the manga yet, he was completely out of place, a true monster dealing with little humans, yet Guts hurt him.

After watching the 90s anime reading was so much more fun.

I really expected shit to go down especially after the ominous first episode but I did not expect such a ride.

HAI YAI FOOOORCES

guy?

>guy wants to talk about anime in a place where you talk about anime
>some autistic retard screams about his fictional anime "cred" while everyone's having discussion

Kick the chair faggot.

The anime adapts this scene brilliantly

youtu.be/pPDzhvnFtAo

Around 27:10

>it's autism to tell him to fuck off
Yes, with the way you're sperging about it right now, it is very much autistic.

If you've just watched your first anime or read your first manga, then no, this is not the place to talk about it. Go fuck yourself and find somewhere else that isn't too much of a secret club for your egalitarian tastes.

:,^( I clearly said I have read more than 1 series

>b-but he's new
Ok, and?

A U T I S M

>can we please discuss which Love Live ripoff is mai waifu and how yours spreads for Producer

Holy fuck.

>graphically horrifying detail.

What the hell?

It's just a rape scene, you don't have to blow it out of proportion.

>:,^(

I don't care about how much anime or manga you've seen, but get the fuck outta here.

What did he mean by this?

Consider not responding to newfag shitposters. All you do is encourage and enable their behavior. I wish the mods were useful but that's a pipe dream.

Well, Golden Age is pretty weak, keep reading.

>newfag shitposters
It's literally just you complaining about OP while everyone else is having discussion, if anything you're the cause of this shitposting.

Why? this guy literally just wants to talk about Berserk a fantastic serie why would mod do anything each day there is fucking loli threads mommy threads and more shit that is bannable

This is a Christian board, my good sir.

>Golden Age Arc
>weak
You fucking what? It's behind Black Swordsman as the best arc of the manga

"This guy is trying to have a legit discussion AND HE DOESN'T EVEN MENTION ONE MOESHIT OR WAIFU! THE NERVE!

WHO DO HE THINK HE IS?"

Good discussions about legit good anime and manga is actually not as easy to come by as you'd expect, even though the board is made for that specific purpose.

>. I wish the mods were useful but that's a pipe dream
Gee wiz it's almost as if the people you're complaining about aren't actually doing anything.

Not him, but he's kinda acting like he just found Sup Forums, and hasn't yet accustomed to the board culture.

Conviction is the best arc by far.

Most memorable but not best. Also has the introduction of some very tedious side stories.

>She kissed Griffith back when he was fucking her.

Hence it wasn't rape, she actually wanted that godly cock and is only pretending to be retarded to keep Guts away from her.

Don't know why Japan has that sick fixation with rape and ntr though.

based janny

What the hell where did all the posts go?????

In my opinion, Conviction Arc > Golden Age Arc > everything else because I'm a fan of "edgy Guts", good story-telling and character development.
In Conviction arc, especially Rosine's fight, it is the peak of Guts' insanity. He has to kill kids and then acts like he doesn't care; but deep inside, he does care and feel guilty. Afterwards, you see how good is Guts' character development when Guts realise he should choose Casca, not his revenge; and Guts... fail at it, that is why he need his team.
Even though sometime, I think it will be better if Miura... kills Casca and let Guts tries trusting people himself and finds an other purpose in his life.

And in one fell swoop, all shitposting was erased from the world.
In this thread anyway.

I've been waiting for Miura to do something worthwhile with Casca.

Where they belong, in the trash.

Who did the best subs for the 1997 anime? Dont care about quality since there is none

I've been noticing better, more smooth janitorial work lately. We get some talent on the team?

Honestly, just watch the dub. It's really well done and probably the easiest to watch.

Fuck no, just go with whatever sub. Dub is garbage, only good for outtakes

Aw shit was Conviction the Lost Children? I messed up then my man, I thought Conviction was when Guts got sidetracked with the Inquisition types.

I haven't read Berserk in so long I probably confused two arcs together

Lost Children transitions directly into Conviction. When Guts gets captured by Farsene that's when it begins.

>Dont care about quality since there is none
>Honestly, just watch the dub. It's really well done and probably the easiest to watch.

Holy shit taste batman

>Sup Forums
>elitist
Bahahah, Sup Forums is Sup Forums and Sup Forums with vidya

Have you watched the old anime? Its mostly stillframes, 1080p isnt going to to anything.

Fuck off.

>a still image looks the same regardless of resolution
That's not how it works.