Anyone catch this tonight in theaters? Thoughts?

Anyone catch this tonight in theaters? Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/573350/973dcf29a2/
exhentai.org/g/589366/cbb0273966/
exhentai.org/g/648887/118ec38f58/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good movie, better manga, best box set.

The manga got any extra story to it or did the movie cover it pretty much?

>Being this new

The movie changes a lot of the plot and character details, but it more or less covers the first quarter of the manga.

The completely manga is an epic story, in the correct use of the word. It's like Berserk for young environmentalists. She spends the last third of the story riding around on a giant warrior, slowly dying of radiation poisoning, before effectively committing genocide against humanity.

I'll check it out then, sounds like exactly what I want.

exhentai.org/g/573350/973dcf29a2/
exhentai.org/g/589366/cbb0273966/
exhentai.org/g/648887/118ec38f58/

Really interesting doujin based on it.

Buy the US manga box set. You absolutely need to own this. It's two hardcover books the size of dictionaries in a box with a poster.

I'm not really in the situation where I can buy things I don't need to.

It's $40. You could make that flipping something on Craigslist on a Saturday. You can't appreciate how well printed it is until you own it.

Put it on your list. I own the complete softcover set and its still one of my most prized possessions. Its my favourite manga of all time.

I still have dreams sometimes about exploring the Sea of Corruption with Nausicaa.
;_;

Nausicaa thread?

but yeah goat manga, Kushana is one of the greatest manga characters out there

ALL SMILES

literally me right now

Jesus.

I own this and haven't read it yet. I'm pretty attached to the movie since it was essentially my first anime. Kind of regret not touching the box set for the last few years since it looks so nice.

The untranslated manga's only 3000 yen on amazon.co.jp though, so I'll probably end up reading that one instead and then owning the whole thing in two languages.

Very good movie. It's like Future Boy Conan but condensed and grittier with less whimsy.

I guess there's this too.
But probably not affordable, or shippable.

Wait this is going to be in theaters again?

Theater in NYC was playing it for Wensday/Thursday, they're going through all Miyazaki flims this summer.

It's alright

>Lives in midwest
>only theater that plays old movies is in Chicago
>Played Madoka movie for one night
>Plays hipster shit the rest of the year
Life is pain

>It's like Berserk for young environmentalists.

Except the two are nothing alike. Someone's never browsed through the fantasy manga genre.

I meant that in a general sense. It's a long, dark, story with fantastic artwork.

The musicbox plays quite a few anime films. I'll be seeing Belladonna of Sadness there this saturday

>Lives in Poland
>Only anime ever played in cinema was four years ago on film festival with two popular Miyazaki titles
It can always be worse

>going to watch animu in a theater
>can't pause, frame advance or rewind
>usually can't fap while watching

Why do this?

Is the manga worth reading?

Manga >>>>> Anime, in this case.

>better manga
sorry, but nothing is gonna beat that opening scene, it's the best reminder why Miyazaki is one of the best anime directors.

This tbqhwy.

That the case for almost every anime tho

>changes a lot of the plot and character details

For the worse, too.

>last part of spoilered text
Except, not at all.
She commits basically genocide against a future, not-yet-existing, "perfect" human race that planned to genocide themselves the _existing_ human race

It has one similitude with Berserk. You don't fucking want to fight neither Guts nor Nausicaa with a sword.
Just.
Don't.

>slowly dying of radiation poisoning

;_;
I-I think I'll stick to the movie, thanks

The existing humans were genetically engineered creatures. The actual original humans were in the vault.

>buy the english version
Yeah, no thanks.

>exhentai.org/g/573350/973dcf29a2/
What the fuck
Pretty hot though

Nope. The original humans were the ones out in the world, that had been adapted over the milenia to the contaminants that covered Earth. The ones inside the vault were the ones who had put in motion two milenia ago the plan to cleanse the Earth from all contaminants using the spore trees, killing all pre-release lifeforms, including every other human, in the process (they surviving the milennia-long process because they had mutated themselves into hydras), then planning to release the stored "seeds" of all pre-release lifeforms, including their "perfect" human race (without the no-longer-needed adaptations to the contaminants, as well ). Source: book 6 right in front of me.
Smal wonder Nausicaa put them BENEATH even the all-devouring nothingness in her apretiation.

She gets better.
Also Ohma ROCKS

>spoilered plans
I forgot:
Plus also killing all the spore-forest dependant lifeforms after they are no longer "needed". Nausicaa's option was letting all existing lifeforms have a chance at living, including Humankind and ohmus.

>anyone american here?

Don't worry, she gets better. But Teto doesn't.

Overrated

I like how he basically turned out to be a judge of humanity's sins.

He grows up nicely. Isn't him a lovely son?

And even he said he had his full of the Master of the Crypt's bullshit.
Also saddest but most touching death scene ever. Tender and loving of his mother right to the bitter end.

I like the scene where they meet, with both of them literally letting clear to the other through body language that they were ready to fight to the very end to protect Nausicaa. And how they both obviously recognised each other as allies odd-panel.

>odd
*off

No,but have it downloaded.Only seen one ghibli movie so far and it was Grave of fireflies (thought it was mediocre at best),how does this compare to it?

moshi moshi, baitu desu