Why doesn't netflix or someone hand out a small loan of $35 million dollars so Japan can make a movie like this again...

Why doesn't netflix or someone hand out a small loan of $35 million dollars so Japan can make a movie like this again? Surely there are enough western hipsters wanting to view 2d animation again that it could pay off financially.

What is this gay Disney-ass shit also Netflix only funds things that are hip and cool with the millenials or stuff that'll rake in nostalgia-bucks.

Japan doesn't even like making shows for its OWN niche markets, what makes you think they would make them for markets abroad?
The closest to doing this was Trigger with LWA2

They'd rather fund a bunch of flash animated shows with Tumblr tier art for that kind of money.

35 million 90's dollars are not the same as the actual dollar value from today.

>dat beautiful 1's animation.

Even if they pay it, I doubt they'll be capable of replicating such thing.

They could, but why use that money for a movie that won't make money compared to funding a bunch of shows that'll more than pay for themselves?

It was when japan actually had character animators that weren't shit

Because you'd be a terrible businessman and people simply don't care enough about fucking 2D animation at this point to justify shelling out 35M+ for a project you could make on fucking 2M and still have it look more than passable enough for the typical viewer.
Also, I'm tired of people acting like Netflix is some massive giant - they aren't even the biggest company to have a finger in anime production, and they aren't going to throw massive sums of money at stuff just for fun, for all the same reasons that Sony and Bandai don't do that.

No.

Anime would cost far too much if it was all like that.

Netflix should fund something, but it doesn't have to be so ridiculously fluid.

I'm not seeing a full animator list anywhere, but the director and animation directors, at least, are all still active and in fact appear to be collaborating on Aikatsu for the last few years.

>Surely there are enough western hipsters wanting to view 2d animation again that it could pay off financially

No there aren't.

Thats fucking hilarious

I'm sure netflix has more than enough money, maybe some to even get Miyazaki back to working with the producer of this anime even though Miyazaki said working on this film was the most miserable experience in his life

Old fat guys being tentacle raped just has less of a market than other alternatives.

>small loan of 35 million

Wut

eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Miyazaki's a curmudgeonly asshole who hates big business, has plenty of money, and is only going to be around to spend it for another few decades anyway. I seriously doubt money can persuade him to do something he doesn't want to at this stage in his life.

Anyway, yes, Netflix "has enough money" in the sense that they could fund it and not go bankrupt. They could also throw those $35 million in the trash and not go bankrupt. They aren't going to do either of those things, though, because they are a business and have no apparent motivation to just throw vastly more money than necessary at random niche projects. Again, just like Bandai and Sony, which also "have enough money" but aren't going to squander it like that either. The companies that have tons of money typically have it because they spent it smartly and sparingly.

Didn't Netflix partly fund Sidonia, or was it just the licensing?

>Look at the background in the icon
>look at the banner
>Looks like Little Nemo
>Nah, they wouldn't post that on Sup Forums

Holy shit. I fucking love this movie.

Because nobody has 35 million fucking dollars to burn

Most anime animators are incredibly skilled. They just don't get paid enough to five enough fucks to animate like this.

The movie where the webm is from literally had a 35 million budget. Look it up.

It's more of an issue with the lack of resources; it would take a lot of money and time to make a movie with full animation, and anime typically sticks to limited animation which is cheaper and faster to work with. Anyway, it's not like you can't have great animation on a limited budget, just don't expect anything like Disney animation.

The problem isn't just that they're paid impossibly poorly, it's that they have twelve and a half minutes to churn out too much in not enough time for too many different shows.

If you gave all shows like an extra, I dunno, month or two to animate instead of being stuck on an incredibly tight schedule you'd see exponential gains in animation quality because time is money.

Fuck off, Famicom.

Why is Danny Devito green?

>forced animation

Nah fuck off with that bullshit. Waste of time and money.

>Why doesn't netflix or someone hand out a small loan of $35 million dollars so Japan can make a movie like this again? Surely there are enough western hipsters wanting to view 2d animation again that it could pay off financially.

They funding that upcoming TV anime animated by Production I.G

Because no one fucking gives a shit. It's a giant waste of money and time for something that will barely even make a profit. This sort of shit is done out of love and passion, not a desire to profit. Netflix is a business, not a love machine.

There is just simply not enough people in the world who actually appreciate the medium and what can be done with it to justify the cost for doing shit like 1's or a constant level of shading. Even a good portion of the people who spout about how they miss that shit don't care nor actually appreciate it. They think its cool and if they were faced with the opportunity to buy something doing it, they wouldn't anyway. Creative industry's are the worst in existence as they ran on talent and chew through time and money for a minimal payback.

But love and friendship always win in animu.
Are you saying that anime lies to me?

Most Netflix originals are complete garbage.

>forced animation

idiot