Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1591

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PjEKRCIWLZw
reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/1vl9i7/guide_how_to_relatively_easily_read_untranslated/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

よくやった

がんばるぞい
いがんばるぞ
ぞいがんばる
るぞいがんば
ばるぞいがん
んばるぞいが

Has anyone got the full version of this OP pic? I can only find the thumbnail, I wanna save it for future thread making

You guys can make fun of Eric-sama all you like but he's probably rolling in the cash from all the dumb suckers who are stupid enough to fall for his ads while laughing at our guide maintainers who did all his work for free.

I need to get better at listening. Is the answer to read more?

The answer is always to read more

Watch anime

いぬのちんぽ!

>tfw 四字熟語
>tfw 四字熟語 pun

How the fuck would you even begin to translate that, kill me now.

ひ、卑猥!

まんざいとか惚けとか

By thinking of a pun on something with a vaguely similar meaning. Nobody ever said translation was easy though

The answer is a TL note.

neah that's squidding stupid as fuck

I can already understand anime speak. I need to understand real Japanese people now. They speak too fast

Watch harder anime

Watch Gaki no Tsukai

>squidding
funi devs pls go

Youtube lets you speed up and slow down playspeed. You could try slowing down real Japanese, or speeding up anime.

Watch Teekyuu

>*Pun based on the yojijukugo “猪突猛進” (“Chototsu Moushin” – to rush recklessly into something with no consideration, i.e. like a wild boar). The kanji by themselves are something like boar + thrust + fierce (or blindness in another version of the yojijukugo) + advance, but the start and end pair are also two words in their own right, “recklessness” and “rushing headlong” or thereabouts. Here the third kanji is replaced with “農” (“agriculture”), so take it as something like “Recklessly gardening, like a boar”.
K then.

youtube.com/watch?v=PjEKRCIWLZw

痔病と持病はどうちがう?

Do people actually think this type of thing is harder than anime

>Autism

ジャコスいくの!?

舐めたい
うずめたい

Is there a scecific reason why Google switches from wa to ga when talking about future?

>scecific
specific

I'd tell you if you weren't a fucking commie.

いやジャスコだろ

is 10 animes a day enough to learn japanese

because google translate is garbage and can't interpret the correct phrases to use 住む in
it would be odd to use は with that verb in most contexts, so google takes the safe route and picks が
the reason why it's more natural to use が is because 住む is a verb that naturally raises questions (where is he living?) so without those answers, it fits better with が for the nuances that you probably heard about from tae kim

here's where you would use が and where you would use は
赤の広場にはレーニンが住んでいる
レーニンは赤の広場に住んでいる
as you can see が is used when lenin is not the topic of the larger statement
like i mentioned, without the 赤の広場, and without other outside context (like something that could be contrasted against with は), が is the particle that looks better to google

it did manage to interpret your third sentence pretty well though
you can figure the reason it uses は is because it reads better as a sentence that starts with a clear topic
hell it even added the 続く for emphasis

I just checked but it looks like I didn't save it. Damn, it's one of my favorites. And it's not like we can look in the archive anymore.
>tfw all that effort spent making sure the thread number is right is all for nothing now

reps

depends do you mean 10 animes or 10 episodes of anime

>元ネタはエロゲ「黄昏のシンセミア」におけるセリフ。
>本作品では「ジャコス行きたい」「ジャコス行きたいなぁ…」「ジャコス行くの!?」と異様なジャコス愛に包まれている少女がジャコスについてのセリフを連発する。
すごい
やっぱり2chでも翔子ちゃんは最高だね

アイ ラブ ユウ

愛羅武勇2

The one that's possible without watching 2 anime at once or putting it on double speed

according to my research you will learn japanese at about 1020 per second (mach 4) watching ten episodes a day of anime (subbed)
raw anime brings it up by k*n/c where n is your current knowledge of japanese, c is the average complexity of the language used in each episode, and k is the constant of proportionality

>don't do the review for one month because of exams
>getting back to core 2k after exams
>500+ review
>did all of them easily in 30 minutes.

A-am I making progress?

Sorry bro you better recalculate my calculations are that it's more like ke^{-(n-c)^2)

>500 review after a month

Are you sure you don't have a cap on your reviews or something? Seems pretty low for a month, unless you just wernt that far into core in the first place

I honestly don't know, how can I check? btw I fear I have another 500+ to do today when I get back home.

You probably don't. The default is a lot lower than 500 iirc which means you changed it, and you probably didn't set it at some weird random number.

Ok this might be a little retarded but I noticed

暗殺 (Ansatsu)

Does this have anything to do with "der Ansatz"? Or is it just another ah so?

of course not idiot

Is there a difference between 「恋人が好き」and 「恋人のことが好き」?
I don't seem to notice any difference except one being unnecessarily longer.

Yes.

The difference being?

のこと

Th-thanks.

こと is way more intimate, it's hard to explain why with an English comparison, the のこと just makes it more specific, you'll pretty much always hear it that way if it's between a couple or whatever anyway

Yea I remember did that, I prefer doing more reviews each day than less but for a longer period of time.

Thanks.
I read it in a doujin where one confessed to the other, it can work there as well, right?

No, it absolutely can't. The mangaka put it there to fuck with you.

if this is OC you should just put her face on the first panel

Yeah it's always used in like a lovey love context, whereas 好き and 大好き can often be used more casually to refer to like friends or shit that you like

>arch
Wtf happened to it?

Thanks, comrade.

I heard someone posted something illegal (from /r9k/ I think?) and so it got taken down for the feds to look at. Not sure on the full story.

без проблем, господин

日本語を学んでるの?

無い.自習です。

自習・・・つまり独学?すごいね

今日も一日ぞい子を強姦したいぞい!

>大麻吸ったあとエッチする

面倒くさそう
エッチよりゴロゴロしたい

>Second day of managing to avoid looking at my anki stats

FEELS GOOD MAN

ゴミ
人ゴミ
is this really Edge: The Language

>start spending time learning an instrument
>been slacking off with Japanese
Am I cursed to only be able to focus on one thing at a time? Could someone just call me a faggot and to go do my reps?

i dont see whats wrong with instruments

For some people, hobbies go in and out of focus, and at any given time there are ones where you're making progress and ones where you're dormant or even regressing.
If you manage to at least maintain your Japanese learning habit, consider yourself well off. You'd be able to dial up your efforts at any time in the future.

Okay so this is my situation, some of you may remember me anyway.

I had some examinations taken for a scholarship to do my undergrad in Japan, out of the 40 people that applied I was the only one who passed. So 95% sure I'm going to Japan, just need to wait for an answer from Japan in november-december. The thing is I did study a lot of vocab and can speak with my japanese friends comfortably (Except I have to search like 40% of vocab they use on the dictionary from time to time), and I want to return to my studies, but now focus on the writing part of kanji too.

The trip is in april 2017, and I get to study japanese in a language school over there for 1 year (alongside math phys and chem) and need to be able to reach N2-N1 level in that time period, while being able to handwrite kanji. The question is, how can I get a headstart? I am only working 8 hours per day now that I'm no longer studying for the test, so I have a lot of time.

I'm 1200 words into core2k-6k (old one, started last year) and I have the RTK book but I don't like it so much (got it as a gift).

Any advice? If this is not an appropiate question please delete it, thanks.

If I'm never going to write kanji by hand, am I doing unnecessary work doing production (keyword + reading -> kanji) on KanjiDamage? I don't write the kanji down, I just do it in my head, thinking of what radicals make it up and where they are.
Or does doing production have a positive effect on recognition?

おにいちゃんおなかすいた

かきふらいたべたい

Third paragraph is probably interesting to you. If you're already at a stage where you can kind of converse, the best way to learn will be to just read (and listen) a lot. Set yourself a goal, like finish 20~ VNs by then of which a couple should include harder ones like Dies Irae and Muramasa. If you can manage that then N1 shouldn't be a problem.

I just learnt the radicals through rote and by writing them heaps. It's pretty effective

I see, thanks. So I should mine vocab from VN's and practice rote writing? (or maybe give another shot at RTK)

Also, is there a guide anywhere to set up VN's?

If that info isn't in the guide (last time I checked it was a bit of a clusterfuck) then you can just google that information.

カキフライはないりくこくいがいのあのんくんは食べるよね?

牡蠣はおいしくてどこでもかんたんにようしょくできるもんね

Who is that? Did I miss some drama?

彼女なしの感覚

>I can already understand anime speak. I need to understand real Japanese people now. They speak too fast

When I was in Japan my problem is that they speek too softly/meekly.

I think they need to speak a bit louder.

I think they just need to speak like anime

I just skimmed through the conversation but from I passively gathered some guy made a "learn Japanese the easy way with anime and manga" textbook for kids who can't stand to look at a grammar book.

>Also, is there a guide anywhere to set up VN's?

Here's how I do it, it's not the most convenient but I find that to be a good thing actually, if you get too much handholding like sentence parsing and furigana, you will just become used to it and stuff will be harder to remember:
reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/1vl9i7/guide_how_to_relatively_easily_read_untranslated/

Watch monogatari

My year in Japan is ending now.

I can tell you it'll help you greatly with your confidence with speaking.

Not if he's a massive fuck up it won't

How old were you when you studied abroad, if you did?

だめ
ねだんすぎる
かかくたかい
ひょうでかい
俺は貧乏だよ

I did 2 years ago when I was 12

漫画のこと読まなかったけど、ぞい子は本当にゲイですか?