I need your hones opinion on this, Sup Forums. Be as direct as you can

I need your hones opinion on this, Sup Forums. Be as direct as you can.

strawpoll.me/10641553

I went in with an open mind and assuming Sup Forums was being pretentious and elitist, like always.

Nope, they're right. The CGI is atrocious as fuck, the sound stage is absolute garbage as well, and the storyline was butchered pretty badly. How Miura thought this was a good idea is beyond me but perhaps it's just a sign of him becoming a shitter, I mean the last couple of chapters in Berserk have been shit as well.

But seriously, the sound was so bad. It reminded me of watching that faggot Trick2g streamer.

>all of a sudden, LOUD NOISES!!!!!!

I got mad pretty early on, how the fuck can these anime cunts consistently NOT get the spirit of Berserk?

It's not about being the biggest fucking edgelord on the planet, it's about a guy who had a hard life and decided to not give up and secretly does the right thing or at least what his conscience says is right.

absolutely not, the anime is bad, that's why we need to discuss it.

Captcha is being a pain in the ass, put a vote down for dick size.

give it to telltale games and have them animate it.

RIP OF

Storywise it's good, but an anime adaptation should not be judged by the story of the manga, but what the anime adds to the manga's story.

The music was actually pretty decent, as was the sound in general. I loved the clanging of iron during the fight scene, and the music actually sounds like it belongs with the original Berserk anime. IMHO you could put it on the same CD as the original soundtrack and it wouldn't stand out too much.

The animation though... wow, that was disappointing. I'll admit that I"m not a fan of 3D animation but usually I can tolerate it. This however? It looks like it belongs in a Playstation 1 cutscene. A very good Playstation 1 cutscene, but very shoddy 2016 full budget animation. The movements in certain scenes are also full uncanny valley, which sometimes distracts from the story itself.

I'm not sure whether the director is going for a new visual style or just trying to cut corners, but I don't like it. Not at all. The question is whether I can tolerate it enough to see past it and enjoy what's good about the anime.

:^) Kirito is the real black swordsman

He's literally exactly the same as the manga you dip.

Black Swordsman and The Blacked Swordsman.

The music you have to admit was really good.
Even the OP which to be honest didn't fit with the tone of everything else.
Side question, how would you want the Dragonslayer to sound? Bonus Points: Don't mention any of the other Berserk games.

That was a good thread.

10/10 RAGE, GREAT IMMERSION

this is a joke right?
why the fuck is this even a question?
If this goes through Sup Forums is no better than fucking tumblr

It honestly was pretty decent. Yes, the CGI isn't very tasteful, but it's much more tolerable in motion than looking at screenshots here. I thought the opening and ending were very good, with fitting music. The sound when the Dragonslayer collides with everything is kind of strange though. I think I'll keep watching it.

This is the best we're going to get, and for me I can deal with that.

Apologize.

Cool Sup Forums collage, fuck on off.

You want to list any positives to the show besides the OP and ED? Because they dont affect the show at all.

FUCK OFF YOU RETARD Sup Forums IS NOT A FUCKING DEMOCRACY

I'll be honest I think the anime is going to be shit but just because of that we shouldn't block it from Sup Forums, a large number of people here (including myself) are berserk fans and people should be able to discuss the strengths and shortcomings of the upcoming adaptation

plus I'm against censorship, especially on Sup Forums, a place where people should be able to discuss anything

1. We get post Eclipse animated Berserk
2. They nailed the weight of the Dragonslayer in my opinion
3. Berserk is my favourite manga of all time

What the fuck are you talking about, Black Swordsman is all about Guts being edgy and focused on avenging the Hawks. The anime got his character here pretty well. The story was all straight from the manga too, they just mixed in the tree monster from Lost Children.

1. They already skipped Lost Children, it's shit.
2. So epic.
3. And it still will be even without this bastardization.

Why would we ban Beserk?

We've discussed it for years. We should be able to discuss how shitty the anime is too.

>this shitposting
Way to be a faggot.

>bones make loud metal clang sound
>serious moment, little girl stabs Guts, he strikes out in surprise swinging his sword at the innocent looking little girl CLLLLAAAAAANNNNGGGGG, cuts her in half
>slice trees in half even makes metal frying pan noises

They skipped your favourite part so the entire thing is shit? Ok kid.

the weight of the Dragonslayer is an incredibly crucial component of Berserk you fucking faggot
we're both displeased with the new anime, but don't be such a fucking idiot

You ever swing a spring steel sword and hear what it sounds like when it connects with other metal? Now make it large and ridiculous and boom, dragon slayer. Only the dragonslayer is more like a fucking giant hamfisted katana.

The dreamcast game did it best.
You are in denial right now by the way. Coping mechanism

The part where he chopped her in half was good though, it showed that he's not a complete edgelord who cares nothing for the weak, it shows he's still a human.

Also the clang is perfectly fine, sure something else would be better but the clang isn't horrible or anything.

When your standards for an adaptation for a manga you like to be acceptable are just "it exists" you might want to raise them.

The Berserk manga being good does not make the adaptation good, if anything you should be more critical of the anime instead of more forgiving BECAUSE you like the manga so much.

This, pretty much.
However, since this is the only Berserk anime adaptation until God knows how long so I'm going to force myself to like or at least tolerate the graphical style.

I'm just gonna put my grasses on and nothing wirr be wong

I'm not arguing that the anime is good overall, my posts were arguing that it was DECENT, and had SOME positives

Retards actually defending this shit

Nope there's also the vomit inducing animation too, nice try being cheeky.

It looks abysmal.

Sup Forums I know you're the "internet hate machine" but please calm down and go back to your containment boards.

DID ANY OF MY POSTS SAY IT LOOKED GOOD, YOU FUCKING ILLITERATE MONGOLOID

>he doesnt like my anime
>must be from Sup Forums

We've got a lot of Sup Forumsermin here since the new anime just came and a new Berserk game has been announced. Expect people who never read the manga and only watched the movies.

Huh? If anything Sup Forums are the one migrating to this board today and defending it.

Well Sup Forums are usually the only people dumb enough to scream as loud as they can about how bad something is without listening to what people with differing opinions think about it.

I still like this adaptation for the most part. It's not perfect, but nothing is.

I've seen a heckton of image.jpg saying it's bad but none defending it, I wouldn't say Sup Forums is defending it at all.

If you go into any Berserk thread on Sup Forums people are told to read the manga. Stop trying to make people who enjoy videogames into a boogeyman.

I was neither typing in caps nor was I ignoring your opinion. Infact i responded back with how you were wrong and with examples. Try again buddy

Yeah, really great arguments to the points here, you definitely didn't just call us retarded for having differing opinions or anything.

How likely will the animation get better?

Why did this have to be in CG when slice of life bullshit is animated traditionally?

>no option to PUT YOUR GRASSES ON
Shit poll

wrong posts

>Studio: GEMBA, Millepensee

Who are those? Are they from Poland or Turkey?

I'm intrigued by the game myself, but I just mean the release of the new anime probably lured a lot of people from Sup Forums who are only superficially aware of Berserk. Nothing wrong with that either, just saying it's a thing.

No, but I'm saying that those other benefits you listed do not redeem how terrible it looks. The show is unbearable to watch due to how bad it looks.

>Why did this have to be in CG when slice of life bullshit is animated traditionally?
How isn't this incredibly obvious to you?

Please re-enroll in high school and finish it. Your reading comprehension is abysmal. I was calling you a retard because you criticized my arguments for points I did not make.

>It honestly was pretty decent. Yes, the CGI isn't very tasteful, but it's much more tolerable in motion than looking at screenshots here. (me)
>It looks abysmal (you)

Why the fuck are you thinking of banning an adaptation of one of the most influential manga in history? Because of the CG? Please. There are way worse CG out there and you're allowed to talk about them.

The episode was pretty cool and the CG looked fine outside the bandits and the tree (which are minor characters anyway so the lack of detail/effort is understandable).

Too bad the internet collectively decided that it's cool to hate this now, so no normal discussion will happen anymore.

Sure the pacing is kind of wonky, but I have faith it'll slow down a bit once it gets fully into an arc past the "intro" phase.

This

If you cant take a little name calling in between arguements then get off Sup Forums, you dont belong here.

Name calling is fine as long as it's backed up by actual legitimate arguments.

When it had those very few 2D drawn images, it looked great.

Shame it's 95% 3D

I meant to link this post not yours, sorry.

Where does the claim that Sup Forums doesn't read the manga come from? This is a post from the Sup Forums Berserk thread that is up right now. We prefer the manga.

Fuck off, it's baby-tier shitposted now.

The CGI did not look fine at all. It is noticably terrible everytime it shows up and utterly contrasts with the moments of actual traditional animation that, at least in the third movie, they managed to hide very well.

The pace is terrible, the animation looks dreadful, the music is utterly godawful and overall, it's a terrible adaptation in every respect but one: the story.

Which, so far, is seeming pretty good. Otherwise it's absolutely horrid in every way.

Thanks for clearing that up, user. I thought that poster was continuing to be a thickheaded moron.

>The pace is terrible, the animation looks dreadful, the music is utterly godawful and overall
I disagree completely with all of these, the CG looked a bit iffy but the animation was fine, the pacing was fine, and the music was good.

Agree with this as well, music was actually fantastic. The animation was surprisingly solid regardless of what you may think of the actual CG itself.

the fact that it's so bad is exactly why it should be on Sup Forums
so that we will have some shitposting
and butcher it confirming how bad it is on every single thread

>the pacing was fine

There were a few motifs to the movies in the music so that may have angered people who haven't seen them, it may have seemed out of place for them.

Yeah they cut out a lot of the manga but the pacing itself was fine.

I watched the first episode of the old anime and thought it was bad. Then it got a lot better, it grew on me fast. I'm sure the new one will too.

I can deal with this being a 3d slideshow, even with the fucked up sound but Jesus Christ, why would the butcher the storyline like that? I get it the skipped black swordsman and lost children but why shove fucking Isidro at the beggining? I'm already dreading all the other changes they'll make to fit this into 24 episodes.

This is so bad at this point I'd prefer it to be 12 episodes so it can be buried as quickly as possible.

The music was especially bad, mostly during the fight scenes. In the original and films they build up to the cresendo's, let the scenes hang a bit before adding in the music.

In this they go straight to the metal which actually worsens the fight scenes and mood considerably and, aside from the neat remix of Blood and Guts, was overall of poorer quality. The CGI also was not fine. It wasn't even just iffy, it was an actual eyesore that takes away from show entirely.

The pacing, too, was bad. They jumped from scene to scene without staying long on one and immediately sped through moments that should've been effective, but ended up becoming unimpactful by how it was paced.

We'll see if the story continues to hold together, but so far it ain't looking good.

Having just now finished watching it, I can say that this is literally the crappiest anime I have ever seen and I've seen a lot of crap anime. I would rate this worse than Armitage. The music is god awful, the plot makes no sense, the characters range from clinically retarded to literally retarded and the animation is nothing but quality. If this is the future of anime, I need to take up a new hobby. How are video games nowadays? Those are still good, right?

>slideshow
It wasn't a slideshow at all even with SVP off, definitely better than Sidonia.

>definitely better than Sidonia.
>Shit is better than manure
Fuck off, manure at least serves a purpose. Shit is useless. Fucking retards like you need to leave Sup Forums.

>plot makes no sense
What? The plot was simple as fuck, how couldn't you get it?

Can you calm down? I was merely comparing the framerate of the CG in this to the framerate of another CG anime, simmer down.

No, you were trying to defend this piece of shit by saying a pile of manure was better than it. Why the fuck are you still on this board you useless cunt?

And he was shitting on it by saying it's a slideshow when it's definitely fucking not, go back to Sup Forums mongoloid.

You fucking retard read his post and the part I quoted. He was defending it by saying its better than something else.

Are you so angered by differing opinions you sperg out like this every time you see one? This isn't your Tumblr safe space you aspie.

Like I said, he was comparing shit and manure. Shit like Berserk 2015 serves no purpose. Sidonia, being the manure that it was, served a purpose: To show how bad CGI anime is. His opinion is wrong because he is misinformed. I tried to inform him and then retards jumped in to defend him like the retards that they are. You're one of them, you fucking retard.

faggot, I love anime.
Sup Forums is for anime right?
Why should I hate anime?
That IS animation.
8/10

you're wrong, user
you don't love anime
anime loves you

>anyone who doesn't like what i like is retarded

You sound like a very well adjusted person, user.

Nigga I don't like shit or manure. Nice attempt at projecting, though.

Erm... okay?

Okay, they're not retarded, they're just "misinformed"

How dare they like something I dislike, surely they're just misinformed.

Why do autists like this so vehemently hate CG?

Because mathematically CG is inferior to hand drawn.

>Sup Forums is for anime right?
no it isn't

Because it looks worse than the humans in toy story 1, why are you defending it?

Why the fuck would they not animate it like a normal anime are they braindead or something

Mathematically CG is superior to hand drawn because CG uses numbers for animation while hand drawn uses none.

This is an opinion that actually exists?

Its a troll. Report and move on.

For anime? Its trash. You have to spend a fuck ton more money to achieve a superior or equal look. See also: Pixar and Disney.

Yes, anyone who disagrees with you and your safe space is a troll, very impressive.