It's a backlog season, so post what series from your backlog that you're most excited to watch

It's a backlog season, so post what series from your backlog that you're most excited to watch.

I just finally started Heidi.

I would like to get into the animemasterpiece theatre in future, hope you enjoy it

My backlog consists of old/recent stuff.

Just went through Space Patrol Luluco. It was so good and that ED is godly.
Just started Show By Rock and from the first episode I know I love it already.
I watched Chirin no Suzu recently and liked it a lot. It was tragic, especially for a kid's movie.
Shiki was a fun ride. I picked it up for Aoi Yuuki and it was worth it for her.
I'm working on Nodame Cantabile and am really enjoying it so far.

I don't know, that's all I can think of at the moment. There's still so much more that I need to watch.

Going to have a ganaix marathon, with the goals of watching gunbuster and Nadia Secret of the Water

No backlogging for me. I've got two Danganronpas, a mob story, and the required SoL to watch.

Other than re:life (which I'll finish today/tomorrow) there's nothing this season I'm actually looking forward to honestly. Berserk anime looks like shit. Am I missing some anime?

91 Days

>backlog
Really? I've never watched a non-airing show. Doesn't seem worth it without the discussion. And old shows are generally pretty terrible, since the industry gets better each and every season. There's at least 6 good shows to watch this time round, stop fucking being so pretentious.

Are you the same shitposter who uses this image, or do multiple anons bait with it?

>guaranteed replies.jpg

Finishing up Turn A, watching the rest of Nozaki-kun, going to finally watch Satoshi Kon's movies.
After that, probably the original MSG or Idolmaster.

what a comfiest show. Saw it when I was little. I'm about to watch the Hinotori trilogy, shirokuma cafe and maybe ace wo neare. Watched himotori series before and was a solid 10/10, so I have great expectations for hinotori trilogy.

looks like a trap shinji

Amanchu? well if you like the genre.

OP here, I loved Shirokuma Cafe for what it was. It's extremely comfy and fun.

I just finished the first episode of Heidi and I'm already enjoying it. I just read Miyazaki's Starting Point and he brings it up a lot, so I wanted to finally sit down and watch it.

>looks like a trap shinji
Literally.

>shitposter
What shitpost? I think my post is pretty clear and articulate, and definitely not breaking any rules. If anything, this thread is the shitpost - just another poorly-disguised rec thread.

user you don't have to lie to me

Nice bait. I won't take it though, senpai.

Nadia came first, so technically Shinji is the trap

>implying people don't discuss older anime
>implying you can't just make a thread to discuss it yourself
Any amount of thought applied to this statement immediately reveals its total idiocy.

Maya

Can't decide in either watch (flash tier animation) or read Ashita no Joe.

>I just finally started Heidi.
Good choice.
A shame that still today not all WMT have subtitles.

Just started this, wish me luck Sup Forums

saved!

>(flash tier animation)
>Ashita no Joe
You're joking right?
You should read it first anyway because the manga is better.

I've started Heidi many times but the after the first there's a few eps of just gawking at the Alps which I can't find that engrossing.

I saw this as a kid.

Fuck man, what that evil aunt/old lady did to heidi is fucked up.

Worse than what happened to Machi

91 days looks interesting
imo you should always check out Madhouse's series, at the very least they'll be good to look at
Mob Psycho 100 if you are a fan of over the top shounen, OPM style
orange could be a decent watch depending on how it's handled

i think that pretty much covers this season without including any sequels of previous series\

and also whatever show emerges as the memeking on Sup Forums of course

>And old shows are generally pretty terrible, since the industry gets better each and every season.

Monster. I am ready.

>there are people on this board who aren't watching New Game!
ใƒ€ใƒกใ ใ‚ˆ

help

it really falls apart later on, have fun though

The time you spent adding things to your backlog could've been better spent actually watching anime.

But it only took me like an hour

I'm finishing the 1st season of Natsume Yuujinchou and I fucking loving it. Every single episode. Gonna wait a little bit to get into season 2 so I don't burn myself since it's episodic. And am about to start Earl and Fairy, which I'm not much excited but it's been on my backlog since forever and I figure it's time to check it out.

GitS:SAC is probably the most essential-core.

Watch Ouran High, good shit

I'm actually watching Heidi, as well. Also watching Fafner Exodus, Futari Wa Precure, and Amagami SS+.

I plan on seeing Mirai Robo Daltanias, Shuffle, Roberta's Blood Trail, and Golden Boy at some point this summer.

The second season is a little better in my opinion as well.

I'm watching Macross 7 (thank you Delta for opening my eyes to this glorious series) and Ojamajo Doremi Sharp, which is more of the same as the first season, which is very good. Also rewatching Evangelion.
After I finish one if those I'll start one of Princess Tutu, Future Boy Conan or Escaflowne. Dunno which, whatever I feel like when the time comes.

Not that summer is a backlog season, it actually looks pretty great.

Princess Tutu is great.

It looks great, and I see comparisons to Utena a lot which I fucking adore. I'm sure I'll like it.

I also have a lot on my plan to watch, which is all just stuff I have listed on there. I easily have another 100 series and movies downloaded that I have yet to get through.

>Currently rewatching
Lucky Star
Macross Plus/Zero
Detroit Metal City
Love Hina
Kimi ni Todoke
Higurashi
Durarara
Railgun

>First time
Dragon Ball
Ookiku Furikabutte
Ano Hana

I might pick up something from Spring too, since I only watched Sakamoto, Kumamiko, and Macross. Maybe Flying Witch, Re:Zero, or Luluco.

>Kimi ni Todoke
I've been wanting to rewatch this lately.
>Ookiku Furikabutte
It's really good. It's the most realistic sport's anime I've seen and it actually focuses a lot on the sport itself as well as team dynamics.
>Luluco
Do it.

Check out Luluco and Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou. Two really great shows, both short and easy watching.

it just keeps growing

Nice.

How was Turn A? I've never seen a Gundam but that one's stand-alone-ness makes it seem like a solid starting point if I don't want to commit to UC just yet.
Also have fun with Kon, the dude's first three movies in particular blew me away.

>I've been wanting to rewatch this lately.

Do it now, it's perfect Summer fluff.

>Ookiku Furikabutte

Just started it today and before I knew it I had already watched 7 episodes. I never marathon anime, but I couldn't stop myself until the first match was over.

Akage no Anne

How can it look so fucking good is beyond me, loving it

I did a bakabt roulette one time and downloaded Chance Pop Session. I got one episode in and needed a break. It's made of all the things I hate.

I also tried watching Hyouka, which is boring the shit out of me. Good lord nothing ever HAPPENS.

So then I'm like, "I'll rewatch Death Note!" I got two episodes in. And then I watched the new Berserk, and suddenly I don't feel like watching anything ever again. I have no idea what to do with my life.

Just finished Code Geass.
I can't believe I left it rotting in backlog for years just because of how ugly the characters looked.
Well, it's like they say, don't judge a book by its cover, even if it's a really shitty and disgusting one.

>Natsume Yuujinchou

Be careful, user, this show is dangerously comfy. Watch at your own risk.

Latter it becomes less creative because Miyazaki abandoned the ship.

Hyouka is the kinda thing where having an appreciation for the craft itself goes a long way in enjoying the show. If you're just in it for the stories then it may not work for you the way it does for others. That being said I can't think of any mystery anime even remotely as good, so it is pretty slick in that regard too.

The comparisons are warranted, the fairytale/theatrical feel combined with some maturity makes them quite similar. Both are some of my favourite series.

I have started Shirobako and Railgun S. Also going through Active Raid's first half.

Definitely Luluco.

>appreciation for the craft

That's pretty much the only reason I'm watching at this point. I watched the whole first season of Free just for the swimming scenes.

And you still aren't loving it? I'm surprised, the level of detail in that show is staggering. You'll probably enjoy it by the end though, it gets totally awesome.