ITT: Non-anime series you want to see adapted into an anime series

ITT: Non-anime series you want to see adapted into an anime series.

Hard mode: Choose the studio and how it'd adapt into an episodic format over 1 or 2 cours.

Ace Combat 5 animated by Satelight please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GVrj9S59u7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Red Dead Redemption. Could be a series of hour long OVAs or 3 series, one on Fort Mercer, one on Mexico and the last to do with Dutch/Ending.

Yeah. GuP ace combat series would be great.

>Non-anime series

Let's get the obvious one out of the way:

Touhou as a slice of life. Include danmaku battles, but don't treat them as anything special. Treat them like a game of rock-paper-scissors. Basically, have the characters use their powers, but don't treat it like anything special.

The entirety of WW2 adapted by Ghibli (back when they were better).

Even I'd be curious as to how they'd handle an Ace Combat anime. Though likely the main character will not be faceless anymore.

No More Heroes. 1 Cour. Madhouse.

Tsukihime by Ufotable. Akiha route, with a movie for Hisui route.

The Joy of Painting animated by J.C. staff. Every episode would be a cute girl painting other cute girls.

Drakengard/Nier

It's always sunny adapted by Studio Ghibli

BAND OF BROTHERS ANIME WHEN?

The entirety of the West Virginia Coal Wars.

>oh no another fantasy reeincarnation cartoon

Avatar The Last Airbender by A1 Pictures

Hemingway's Nick Adams short stories, by Silver Link
The Cartoon History of the Universe, by KyoAni
Jack Ryan, by Madhouse
A Rake's Progress, by Xebec

Don Quixote.
Except that it is about an Otaku instead of a book knight nerd. He/She goes crazy and lives out a fantasy life in the very normal, very real world.

Bonus points for shots which show the fantasy perspective and the reality being something much worse.

Give it to Yuasa and let him do what he wants with it.

Overwatch Slice of Life

Metro 2033 in 2 cours. Made by Made Madhouse

Something like pic or Interstellar

>GuP

Yeah fuck no.

I would prefer STALKER desu

>not Zero
laughingBelkans.jpg

this but by gainax desu itd probably suck though

> STALKER
That too, thing is, it would be a post-apoc SoL since STALKER doesn't have an actual story until you go to the military bases and suddenly it's a horror game

>more shit about the most grossly overrated belligerent of the entire war

I'm guessing they'd be more keen on Tiger im Schlamm.

>until you go to the military bases

Don't you mean the Agroprom underground?

Sorry, it's been a while since i last played STALKER, i've been stuck with Spec Ops: The Line and getting my humanity back after finishing it

Will there ever be a kawaii anime based off the Rape of Nanking? It could be a loli-harem, with the MC as a brave and strong Japanese Officer. What do you anons think?

So... Coppelion except good?

Yes. Or "The Thing" too

An SoL about cute girls stalkan would be amazing.

Would watch in The Hague/10

Das Boot, animated by Madhouse. Each episode would be a different war patrol leading up to the one in the movie, which would be a two-episode arc.

Another idea would be the Leviathan Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld, but focusing on a much less idealistic take on the story.

Never watched Das Boot but i heard it's bretty popular in germany

It's a great movie. It's pretty long, so people with short attention spans tend to not like it, but even with how long it is, I would still recommend it to anyone. Go out and rent a copy if you can.

It's also probably one of the best movies when it comes to capturing what war actually feels like.

Will do user, been seeking new movies to watch after Apocalypse Now and im in need of material for a book im writing

Xenogears
26 episode series by sunrise that ends without proper conclusion,it never gets anything else
Directed by Anno

Metal gear solid
11 episode series by A1 or Xebec
Directed by Hideo Kojima

Final Fantasy XII
38 Episodes by IG or Bones
Character designs redone by Kenichi Yoshida

I wonder if a proper anime series could actually be made of this - keeping even one book to 2-cour would be a major challenge.
Of course, if it were, I would want to see Sunrise Studio 2 (or if they somehow magically reformed, Studio 5) would have to do the series.

That book was fantastic, but I think it feels too Western for an anime adaptation.

except for the spaceship filled with homosexuals. that would be right up japan's alley

Gunbuster leans a bit in this direction

Ace Combat 4 would be a pretty neat adaptation if it was from Yellow Squadron's perspective.

The idea of a tragic story of good men going to war from the viewpoint of the loser seems fun.

Monster Hunter mite b cool

Isn't it already getting one?

Pshychodelic slice-of-life adventures of Dave and HAL as spirits in the Space Odyssey novels, leading up to grand reveals about the Monoliths and the universe. By Gainax of course. Music by Brian Eno and Hans Zimmer.

>Music by Brian Eno and Hans Zimmer.

This alone gonna be well over the butget for TV animated series.

Metal Gear Solid.

Still waiting for that Dark Souls OVA by Mad House.
An I am Legend anime movie could be really interesting, or shit. I'd like to see that though.

youtube.com/watch?v=GVrj9S59u7I

>Metro 2033
How about Nechronica?

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War

Sans Famille Ghibli 2 season

Hyperion as a 13 episode series and The Fall of Hyperion as a 2 part movie by madhouse

SoL Christmas Cake doing Sub Things Das Boot when?

A found footage anime about literally anything.

Pacific Rim by Gainax

Came here to say I want a Nier anime.

Ace Attorney by competent people