I just finished Utena and Penguindrum and realized I really like Ikuhara's work...

I just finished Utena and Penguindrum and realized I really like Ikuhara's work. Then I found that he had an anime that came out this year. Is this worth the watch? How did everyone feel about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UJlfD4JwoEs
youtube.com/watch?v=G0f5fR6eapI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its shit
seriously

Ofcourse it is.

like how shit? i hear that it's particularly bad with its fanservice, at least moreso than his other titles.

youtube.com/watch?v=UJlfD4JwoEs

its not even fanservice
its the worst form of otaku pandering

its literal shit

what is even happening here

Pussy licking.

>maxresdefault

Don't list to these newfags. Yurikuma was wonderful.

Fuckin' masterpiece.

It's amazing how accurate this pic was

It was definitely worse than Utena and Penguindrum, but still a decent watch, especially if you like Ikuhara's style.

>this year
EDOTY last year.

It's safe to assume Ikuhara wanted 2 cours but the studio said "fuck off" and what we got was basically YKA the abridged series?

that's a shame. i'll probably still end up watching it, though.

YKA barely had enough content for 5 episodes.

It was too short to build up its world properly, it's a nice show though and has excellent moments but it's less impressive than Utena or MPD.

It's great, if you love Ikuhara you will love this anime.

it's my favourite of his works

It's widely considered worse than Utena and Penguindrum, but if you enjoy Ikuhara you will probably enjoy it.

>How did everyone feel about it?
DAT OP

youtube.com/watch?v=G0f5fR6eapI

Solid 7-8/10

>came out this year
It came out last year and its better then Penguindrum. Great show.
Kill yourself

Penguindrum was already a huge stepdown from Utena, unless you really want to fuck Ringo or the Takakuras. The first half was top notch but everything fall apart on the second half. Japan just can't into terrorism.

>The first half was top notch but everything fall apart on the second half
The first half was generally shit, especially Ringo's parts with the teacher obsession shit and >muh onee-san.
I dropped it at the episode where it showed that Himari was saved by the blue haired kid because it bored me to tears by that point. What a disappointment it was compared to even Utena's second arc or even the Nanami filler episodes.

I did feel that the second half was a lot less fun than the first half. Still highly watchable, just not the same in terms of humor or enjoyment.

>unless you really want to fuck Ringo
Why wouldn't you want to fuck DESTINY?

Ringo's antics were fun but at the same time, it was poignant how deluded she was, how she retreated to a childish fantasy world to escape the adult world. Ringo was obnoxious and unlikable but you can understand why she acts that way. Compare to the "serious" end half, I think the first half did a way better job on portraying unlikable characters doing nasty stuff because they're misguided and hurt.