Do Russian troops get better gear than USA?

>Trump signs a big new budget
>Still using 50 year old guns
Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASh-12.7
youtube.com/watch?v=lgICbOwP7NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ATpeX3XBuuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. Hell no.

But I personally like Russian firearms.

Less performing in ideal and mint condition than American, more forgiving regarding maintenance and rough condition.

Absolutely not. hate to burst your larp bubble, but Russia would get absolutely smashed in a conventional fight against the US.

But isn't it also true that right now the US has become used to shooting at desert people without body armor? This will be a game changer if there's a real huge war.

Did they stop working?

Here's a lesson. Guns don't kill. Americans do.

Some say so!

Is slow and heavy the future? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASh-12.7

Guns are not important nowadays. The US has the stronger navy and airforce which is really all that matters in the 21st century. Besides the countries will never go to war anyways with 2000 nukes pointed at each other so comparing the each countries military is stupid.

>Do russian troops get better gear than usa?
Of course not.

some old guns are still around because the inventors just plain got the design right no need for it to change. the m16 is a good example.

those guns are more powerful but lower magazine size and bullets speed travel is slower.

that is so incredibly dangerous in so many ways I can't even begin to imagine what it will be like if they don't fix that.

Firearms technology has stagnated and most of the upgrades readily available are lateral upgrades at best. Things like better optics, improved armor, possibly exoskeletons, integrated HUDs, offer more capability than a new assault rifle would.

That being said, there are some quarters looking into different calibers for different roles, like 6.5 something-or-other or the .338 LWMMG that's being pitched.

That's true, but a lot of fighting happens within those ranges. Plus the 9x39 is meant to be very effective. Those are being used in Syria right now.

we use 5.56 x 45 which is better at dealing with body armor than what the russians use which is 7.62 x 39.

because there is literally nothing better than this 50 year old gun.

No. They do have way fancier specialized equipment than the west, but overall the US and NATO outgun Russia in most ways.

The standard Russian infantry caliber is 5.45x39mm. It's a SCHV round just like 5.56.

do you even know how rare those cheap guns are in russian armed forces?
some guys in OMON have those...rest of them still running arond with AK's...and stones and sticks...

No.

Neither will penetrate plates. Unless they are AP steelcore rounds, in which case both will penetrate.

Whole thing is moot because the US either fights people without body armor, or just drops 1000lb JDAMs on those that do.

That's why you need a hammer

This is a failiure
I don't even...

The wet rifles in the OP are the only thing they did right, and even those have very limited range in comparison.

They'll be fine user, you act like soldiers and marines don't know how to handle their weapons safely.

>Neither will penetrate plates. Unless they are AP steelcore rounds, in which case both will penetrate.
They don't defeat level IV. They need tungsten cores for that.

Modern warfare is useless. Nukes are only used for intimidation, unless you got some serious shit going on.

5.45 have poor penetration in comparison to 5.56, as they are designed to tumble.

That is fucking gorgeous.

Is this a problem for all pistols with firing pins instead of hammers?

That bullpup is designed for close-range anti-terrorist operations or things like hostage situations. It's about absolutely needing to drop a guy with one shot.

slide doesn't move its fake

Lol, no. Every soldier in your USMC have ACOG.

Russian small arms may actually be slightly better in some regards, mainly due to americans love of plastic, rattling crap(m4, m16). Although you could argue that this is a design choice in order to reduce weight.

This is (maybe) the only instance where russian infantry are better geared than US. Note that this does not include heavy weapons such as machine guns and bazookas

small arms haven't advanced as much as you think they have over the past 50 years

On a battlefield that isn't Russia, sure. In a conventional war between the US and Russia, the side that loses is the side that invades the other country - assuming that the war doesn't cause the US Dollar to take a shit and go into hyperinflation.

>russian bullpups
>ever
Pic related reqires a broken finger per trigger pull

That really has more to do with bullet construction than anything else. They are very similar rounds otherwise.

>russians use which is 7.62 x 39
Are you retarded? That's what they used four decades ago, you dip.

You know how I know you’re underage?
You’re implying that the basically defunct government of Russia could produce enough AN-94s to actively cause an effect against body armored troops
I go to Russia to see relatives every year, dude trust me the US would win 100%.
Look at their roads, their infrastructure.

tell that to the Japanese

That also depends on which ammunition the 5.56 is. The M855 and other ammo that uses the same projectile is notoriously unreliable when it comes to terminal performance. Sometimes a lot will perform well at 200yds, and other lots may not perform well inside of 100yds. The old 55gr FMJs and the newer 77gr projectiles will often fragment out even at longer ranges. Fragmenting bullets don't penetrate for shit, but when you put one in the vitals, they can be absolutely devastating.

The Russians are still using 50 year old guns as well. People act like every single Russian is using a AN-94, but the vast majority are still using a variant of the AK-74.

Wrong.

>You know how I know you’re underage?
By him even posting that overengineered failiure of a gun. It was expensive as hell to make and was even beyond western standards in field reliability. They are using the AK100 series in their place.

New rpk looks like best gun on the battlefield. 556 is week, 545 kills people better, and murika thinks an hk with a heavy barrel is a light machine gun. Rooskis got better guns.

One of these days I'm going to add one of those to my gun collection...

Heckler and Koch redesign improves much of the reliability and service live issues of the FN M16A4

Pic related

>hurr durr 50 year old guns
>posts picture of rare specialized weapons, never intended for common grunts
Somebody watched too much RT for his own good.

>Offers no explanation
We'd go absolutely broke invading Russia. We'd lose because invading a country that big requires more resources than we could bring to bear.

Dem ruskies specops silenced guns are sexy as fuck.

In Stalker games mods I've been running around for hours just to look at them and shoot them.

Submit to the monolith, we will supply you with the equipment you desire..

>as they are designed to tumble.
fudlore
This is not true.

The AN-94 was dumped by their main ground forces for the AK-74. The AN-94 is sparsely distributed among special forces, but isn't standard for anyone.

The combat kit of a typical American soldier is far better than most Russians save for Speznatz.

The M-4 isn't a 50 year old gun, nor is the typical Russian rifle.

>if I don't substantiate what I'm saying, I'm wrong

It is atleast for the Soviet era main ones.

5.56 was designed to wound.

Both weapons you posted were only issued to special forces.
Most of Russian Army still uses AK-74.

It means that there is no reason to believe that you are correct. And there is a difference between being wrong and not having a reason to believe you to be correct. But I wouldn't expect a maplenigger jackass to understand that.

Ruskies are only OP in zombie apocalypse larptales 2bh

but the series 80 change that made it drop safe from 50 feet or whatever shit the government wanted also made the trigger shit

Fuck no, Russian doctrine lists most of their equipment as expendable and thus it is cheaply made.

ARs are better than AKs, though.

Nothing is dumber than piston ARs, though.

AK-74M, it have polymer stock and handguard

You're right, but functionally it's the same gun, with ergonomic improvements.

>if I can't argue that humans perceive the sky to be blue nobody has any reason to believe me
Wrong.

There weren't even that many AN-94s that were manufactured or bought even, the units that have access to them are the same units that also have access to AS Vals, Vintorezes and stuff, and with how infrequently the AN-94 is seen in the wild you can deduce that they prefer the simpler alternatives

>not Duty
get out of here stalker

We could probably never occupy European Russia but assuming nukes didn't exist we could probably take Siberia easily.

The SCAR and M4A3 aren’t 50 year old guns you halfwit. Even the MK14 has had a complete modernization.

HP > 1911 anytime though

Its a very well preforming gun although yes way too expensive for mass production, thats why its used spec ops (same with us scar)

Oh look, a Glock shill still mad that SIG won the M17 competition.

small arms weapons don't matter even in conventional war, you're just going to get pounded flat by artillery

This + no recoil

god this gun looks so basic

I beg to differ.

youtube.com/watch?v=lgICbOwP7NQ

>this gun is old, therefore it's shit
Wew lad. You do know that:
>1.
That's a fucking fallacy

>2.
You're fucking stupid

The guns were manufactured at most 10 years ago.

Russia uses 5.45, the only 7.62x39 still in use is third line units and some special forces using suppressed subsonic loads.

Quintessentially German. Just another cog in the machine, no creative or artistic, or even aesthetic input. Gun just looks like shit.

And you still have failed to address the resource concerns of what it would take to invade Russia. The US government is already $20T in debt, and it would have to seriously ramp up military spending for a Russia invasion. Our ~2.3 million man military is nowhere near big enough. Do you think that the rest of the world is going to continue to purchase our US government securities in the face of a quadrupled military budget? No, they'll tell us to fuck off, and that will be the end of the US dollar as we know it.

Join the Monolith, brother, and you will see the light...

94's are shit
youtube.com/watch?v=ATpeX3XBuuw

it just swaps out the direct impingement system with the gas piston they used on the G36

Awesome mechanism though.

meanwhile real fkin nato models are utter shit

That is also incidentally the only video that exists which showcases the AN-94 having a malfunction, and it's on a specimen that has probably been fired thousands of times with barely any maintenance

That's all VERY interesting user.

What gun? Every time I Google it I get laptops

I always collect as much 9x39 as I can in STALKER but I never end up using it for fear of running out

The gun was loaded with a primed case, nothing else. No powder, no bullet. It would not actuate the slide, or experience significant recoil.

A badly wounded enemy is better than a dead enemy.

That reciprocating AK is something else man. Got to rent one in Vegas once. So easy to keep on target for like 5 rounds.

Browning Hi-Power

AR-based ones are cool.

hp = high power

At least I have a reason for my beliefs. You just have magical unicorn thinking.