Will Ghibli be able to make a comeback?

Will Ghibli be able to make a comeback?

Their last two films (Poppy Hill and Princess Kaguya) has been really good, I'm curious why they stopped creating more films

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y3uYequDQqc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kaguya looked amazing, but it was far too long.

I really didn't like the artwork early on but holy shit as it went on the art looked so nice

I really liked When Marnie Was There. It was a more down-to-earth story compared to usual Ghibli stuff. But well done adaptation.

Poppy Hill was way better than what I expected, considering Goro's tales of earthsea. I want to believe in him.

No, they're never going to make a comeback to feature films. Yonebayashi's left, Miyazaki and Takahata are probably going to die soon and Goro a shit.

would it have been better without the double twist (not actually incest lel)?

Some people were crticizing that made the story mediocre

>I'm curious why they stopped creating more films
Because the studio exists for the sake of two people, and those two people are 75 and 80 years old.

I saw it in the cinema. It was so beautiful, at least I was able to enjoy the art when the plot ground to a screeching halt for 2/3 of the film.

Without the twist the movie would be bland, it really needed some sort of twist and it was the best way to play it. Goro still has a long way to go to get into his father's footsteps, but this was a really good start.

My dream is for their character designer and animators to make a new WMT animu.

well they had to follow the old japanese folklore

I wish they twisted it so it was a happy ending though, they make such wonderful couples... hnggg

That's a really old Sup Forums thing to say though.

Turning Kaguya into a home wrecker sounds terrible to me.

He's fucking 49 years old,I think he's past the point where "it's a nice start" is really relevant.
Not him, but you're not doing it right.

It would be asking for too much if he was still unmarried would it

Of course I'm not doing it right, I was just posting an example that I found in my reaction folder.
Though now I regret my post since the other guy responded with .

I was planning to watch that but I keep forgetting it

This is the new age of Ghibli.
youtube.com/watch?v=y3uYequDQqc

They honestly should pass the torch to Hosoda and new competent directors/writers/animators. Let them do things. Hosoda is actually profitable I think.

CUZ U PAY NO MONEYYYYYYYYYYYY
WRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY