Which is better?

Which is better?

Yes.

Obviously Lucky Star.

Why compare? It's not like they air at the same time.

What?

I mean, if you ignore they share literally 0 themes or genres and go by objectivity.

TTGL is better.

They aired in the same season and the fanbase shitflinging between them was one of the biggest shitstorms ever on Sup Forums.

History has proven Lucky Star to be fucking far more influential overall, so you could figuratively say Japan voted LS.

>History has proven Lucky Star to be fucking far more influential overall

Explain.

That's the question that ruined Sup Forums.

Literally nobody cares about Lucky Star now.

TTGL is an anime that will be remember and talked about forever.

they're both almost ten years old btw

>History has proven Lucky Star to be fucking far more influential overall
I don't ever see people talking about LS nowadays, even on Sup Forums it's more of an embarrassing episode from the past than something people remember fondly. Meanwhile TTGL is still mentioned among the best anime shows, except for Sup Forums of course, because popular=bad.
I would rather blame K-ON than Lucky Star for the wave of moeshit in recent years.

How many shows like Gurren Lagann have there been since 2007? How many shows like Lucky Star have there been?

More notably, how deeply has the concept of "moe otaku girl" soaked into the industry in the past near-decade vs a resurgence of super robot shenanigans and GAR as it was called? The former is practically a trope/cliche these days yet it wasn't really ever a big thing before Lucky Star. The latter is basically dead.

I'm more referring to the fact that Lucky Star both sold more and was far more influential on the industry than GL.

The crux of the arguments from back then were that these were both huge shows at the time that basically crystallized the sentiments of the early moefags of the day vs the GARfags (I guess they'd be called manimefags today) over which direction the industry should go.

In essence manimefags/action-shonen manchildren hailed it as a step in the right direction while at the same time being real mad at Lucky Star's popularity as a simultaneous step in the wrong direction (to them).

People don't really hail TTGL as much as they used to either; over the years I've seen a lot more people calling it lame manchild shit than you ever did back in say 10 and prior.

Some people say Lucky Star didn't age well but actually it did if you discount the now-dated anime references. Which don't matter much actually.

Yeah, you're probably right. Lucky Star has saturated anime with CGDCT because its easy to make and sells, while anime original action/adventure/mecha take more sweat, talent and money.

Both are great .

Konata is best

LS wins simply by the fact that it wasn't a getter robo ripoff, unlike TTGL

It being a K-On ripoff doesn't make it any better

>there will never again be a year as good as this

Spring '07 was the best season ever