Berserk

Can someone on Sup Forums tell me where I can start watching Berserk. As in what order should I watch it in.

No

Berserk 1997 => Manga.

2000s Movies, then the 2016 anime.

Or just read the manga.

Just read the manga or The only thing is you need to watch the movies for is the rape scene.

read the manga you stupid motherfucker

If you just want a sampling, watch the movies

otherwise just read the manga

Start in the manga, then just keep reading the manga.

That's it.

Watch the first page of the manga, and then the second. Continue until you've watched all the pages.

user, it's as simple as just reading the manga. That being the official translations and not the fucking Band of the Hawk translation.

Why would you ever watch the garbage old anime?

Kill yourself

Put some grasses on and start reading the Manga right now, so you can complain how shitty are all the adaptations.

>garbage
Sure it may not be the greatest masterpiece ever created but it's pretty enough to look at, the music is top tier and the 90's feel to it is nice.

>spoonfeeding

You guys are disgusting.

THE MANGA

READ IT

I'm starting with this CG series. It's actually surprisingly decent.

Since we're discussing adaptations, how come manga designs are almost never changed when made into an anime? It's common sense that Berserk designs are way too elaborate for 2D animation (unless you're willing to pay billions), why not just change the artstyle to something easier to handle? Despite the initial backlash, I'm sure the results may earn the audience's favor.

Google Berserk Redux. It's the '97 anime mixed with the movies. It's a total of 8 hours (4 different movies) which provides everything you need.

Why was the coloring for the 97 anime so fucking good? Why can't anyone else emulate this?

Watch the 1997 OP then read the manga.

Read the manga or kill yourself.

97 Anime -> 3rd Movie -> Manga from chapter 1

You get great soundtrack, the shit they skip in the 97 anime with the movie, and an overall great experience. Doesn't really matter if you watch dub or sub they're both pretty great (the dub outtakes are a must watch).

Don't watch it at all, just read the manga
all adaptions so far have major flaws and will turn you into a Golden Age babby (Golden Age is a rather mediocre arc)

I thought the 97 anime was a great entry point. (Maybe save the first episode for last though)

Then move on to manga.

>(Golden Age is a rather mediocre arc)
As opposed to what? I loved Lost Children and Conviction, but I still rank Golden Age as the high point of the series.

Don't watch it or read it. It's shit.

Falcon of the Millenium Empire

>Falcon of the Millenium Empire
I liked the establishment of Griffith being painted as the messiah, and Farneses's character development. But don't find Guts's troll slaying a particularly compelling story arc.

>Guts' troll slaying
Did you forget about Guts fighting grunbeld and getting the Berserker armor?

Not even trolling, but genuinely curious.

What happened to Japan's ability to color and do striking background art? has it all atrophied because of drawing nothing but anime figures?

Mixed feelings about the Berserker armor.

I like the implication that its use slowly eats away at the user, undermining it as a trump card, but I prefer the gritty tactics and grounded stakes of the earlier conflicts over the hyper-magical moves that the group can resort to now.

You read the fucking manga. Why would you even think about watching the 2016 anime when everybody is shitting on it?

>That being the official translations and not the fucking Band of the Hawk translation.
Not OP but please explain what the difference is

band of the hawk translations fucking suck, sure you can get by, but fuck me do they suck some serious dick to the point that even if they americanized berserk and hand gits called steve it would do a better job translating it than that.

The Band of the Hawk translation is all broken English. All of it. One part that will stick with me forever is
>Don't ask about the dragon.
The Band of the Hawk translators thought it'd be fucking hilarious to add in their own little fanfiction and come up with a bullshit backstory for the dragonslayer.

Wait, so you're saying the official translations are americanized? Or you're saying that americanization would be better than the Hawk shit?

Anyhow where the fuck can I download the manga with official scans then, since I don't see it on Nyaa

im saying even if they bastardised it (they didn't if i remember correctly, nothing is cut either) it would still pre preferable to band of the hawk because they sucked that bad.

Thanks for explaining.

So anyway, where the fuck can I read the good scans then?

Go hunting. I would tell you if I could remember where I downloaded it from, but turns out, I can't. Sorry, my dude.

Guess I'm not reading it then because Bato.to took links down ages ago apparently due to DMCA strikes, it's flat out not on Nyaa and Bakabt decided to IP range ban my entire fucking country for no reason.

They are floating around, but not going to help you beyond telling you that 37 of the volumes are scanned.

on a side note, i prefer the scanlation when it gets passed volume 17~ because the scans, while nice to have, are done by someone who doesn't know how to frame the shit right, so parts of the page are cut off, something the manga didn't do.

you got it from the same place i checked.

Thanks for being a typical "lol i know but i wont tell you" cancerous asshole, hope you literally get cancer and die you piece of shit. Hope your entire fucking family gets raped and mutilated and torn to bits by ahmed and his fun party.

>Bakabt
Yep, that was it. Sorry, guy.

Welp, so I literally can't even get it because the website admins are complete and utter fucking morons that decided to ban an entire fucking country. Fuck every single one of them.

Come on now, no need to be like that. I got mine from Bakabt but found the manga elsewhere as well.

I am like that because I already listed places I tried and even fucking said I can't use Bakabt. I also can't find anything but the apparently shitty Band of the Hawk scans.
Is there really no mediafire folder or something like JoJo general has?

I believe the Dark Horse scans are also on MangaSee if you don't feel like downloading it

This guy is making me dangerously mad.

Manga, then manga.

>BARF

Oh shit, I had no idea there were any sites that had the good scans up. Thanks, user.

1997 => Manga => Golden age trilogy => 2016

or

1997 => Golden age trilogy => Manga => 2016

>1997