Shows that deserved a second season

Shows that deserved a second season.

The show ended at the point right before the manga turned to shit.

I heard the same about Usagi Drop.

Do you think they could have ignored the manga and just went with their own story?

Were the shows that didnt get a second season not popular in Japan? Or are they cancelled for other reasons like budget or trends.

Anything else would have been an improvement. The plot and characters remained completely static for the entirety of the manga and the ending was just a giant "fuck you".

Spoilers?

Right as they're about to kiss, the MC says "actually nevermind" and then nothing happens and then its over

How has one not happened yet.

There are some shows that i want to see more of, but i know they wouldnt be as good if they continued.

Classic cuck.

While I hate tripfags I have to admit I miss how comfy the show was.

Most non-mainstream shit that were adapted into anime were just for promotion sake to boosts manga sales anyway.

great action, good story and characters

What is it with Manga and Anime creators not moving characters forward in the story?

Your lucky to even get a kiss in some of these shows.

There were no other men around. The author believes that handholding and hugging and kissing before marriage is degenerate, basically.

As much as I loved Urabe, no thank you.

Classic cucks

trust me
you don't want it and it doesn't deserve it

fuck the author

Please tell me this is getting a second season.

I will hold the studio hostage if they dont.

They didn't follow the books so retconning the ending would've been weird

There's a lot of novels they could've adapted though.

kissxsis
yuyushiki
a channel
aiura

I don't think I understand the 'cuck' meme anymore.

What a cuck

It's not impossible for it to happen, bit it's pretty unlikely.

As much as I loved the anime for being 100% faithful to the manga's designs and actually being a good adaptation; it ended right before the manga got stuck on Namek.

That Fucking Idol Arc went on for over a year and we got nothing from it.

>pic will never be animated

anime didn't sell well, manga is over (why did the artist follow it up with such a generic shounen action series?)

Kiss X Sis has been having a steady stream of OVAs though.

Urabe has the voice of an angel.

I still feel like this would have been better if the characters were genderbent

>you will never were your pinky with her spit and lightly rub it on your Anus.

Why even live?

Don't live. Just die.

>still salty about woody allen ending

i agree it should involve urabe cucking mc

Delete this

Got DAMN but nasty olive skin.

didn't the Japanese really hate her VA and she's not worked since?

Were we wrong in thinking she was a good actress or was it because she was too different from how anime characters usually sound?

>People were unironically hoping for an NTR plot while the manga was running just so something would happen

I don't think they hated her, she's not an anime voice actress, she works on TV

obvious answer

Sora no Woto

>Welcome to the ANIMESHADE.COM

The manga was fine from start to finish.

>There were no other men around. The author believes that handholding and hugging and kissing before marriage is degenerate, basically.
Thus, the whole premise, as spelled out in the title page to each chapter, besides the parameters of the relationship as defined by the central characters. Highlighting forms of flirt, enticement and romance to a long-term relationship that are NOT hugging and kissing.

>but why?
>What is it with Manga and Anime creators not moving characters forward in the story?
Because then it would be a manga with an entirely different premise.

As this guy and the others were expecting, presumably

Aired in 1998 and I'm still waiting

Well the same happened to berserk.

Be wary.

But not from current A-1.

>What would be the problem with that? Characters should move on as life goes on
We can presume that they do once they graduate and marry. That they start hugging and kissing or having snitty running fights as they would in a straight up relationship manga, and eventually have hot, steamy sex with a lot of saliva swapping that would be the subject of an H-manga. People never seemed to get that Nazo no Kanojo X was neither of those, complaining that it didn't transition into one. It was more a slice of life, stuck in a time loop where seasons would come and go but time never moved forward. In no sense was progression important to the theme.

>The manga was fine from start to finish.
they didn't even fucking kiss in the final chapter. MC stopped short because he felt it was too forced at the time, which I can get past if the author didn't decide to end the series right there. It was basically a cliffhanger ending.

God no.

The manga's fatal flaw was that it dragged on for-goddamn-ever, and every time the relationship seemed to take a step forward it would end up taking two steps back a few chapters down the line. The anime ending when it did was a BLESSING.

>In no sense was progression important to the theme.
that's wrong, not only that but it's important to the quality of any plot. A major point of a romance is to see a relationship progress and grow, or to see one happen by the end. In NKX, they pretty much stagnated at swapping saliva and going on dates, there was the occasional potential cuck arcs, but after those they were back at square one, even the end of the manga was them going back to square one.

My man

It'd be really nice if we could get another season of Eureka Seven. ;_;

>In no sense was progression important to the theme.
That just means the core premise was flawed.

I would love a Usagi drop: After story.

Sup Forums Sup Forums 2ch reddi twitter and google+ all want a season 2 for watamote.

Just namin some shows Off the top of mein head, tht need sequels:
Alien 9
Black lagoon
C: control
Great teacher onizuka
Kaiji
Kino's journey
Log horizon
Shimoseka
Haruhi
Diebuster
Trigun

>A major point of a romance is to see a relationship progress and grow,
That's why I contend that people were fundamentally confused as to the genre they were reading. The manga ran eight years or so, experiencing seasonal changes every three monthly issues and the characters never entered their senior year. Extraneous details like that that might move a relationship along weren't supposed to be important. So it's less an exploration of the relationship of the two...
> In NKX, they pretty much stagnated at swapping saliva and going on dates, there was the occasional potential cuck arcs, but after those they were back at square one
...than sequential snippets of what may happen within any relationship, which is how you perceived this.
If you want to imagine the drool swapping was kissing, they were doing that for the entire manga, with the act of kissing being the next step, akin to fucking. And to the mangaka it was more important to explore anything but this. Simply put, it was Blue Balls: The Theme.
>That just means the core premise was flawed.
Or that you didn't like it, or grew tired with it, expecting something more.

Sup Forums you have the power to bring back watamote anime it need a push to come back.

>Or that you didn't like it, or grew tired with it, expecting something more.
I don't think expecting a story to follow the most basic story structure is something unreasonable.

I want to get married and have a lot of kids

Bring back my Tomoko.

here

Are you me?

The sad thing is that Black Lagoon is fully adapted at the moment. The manga literally does not have another arc to be animated, not even for an OVA.

Why would anyone want more of "Nothing Happens"?

I hope you will aswell.

Nisekoi is pretty popular isn't it?

New Mai Hime series when Sunrise

WUG Zoo

Didn't the manga have like half of a new arc that hasn't been animated yet?

Something something not enough content.

This
There's enough material for a 1-1.5 cour season 2 now. Going on that Season 1 plus the OVA was 34 chapters, the raws go up to chapter 81 last I checked and this seemed to be the final arc, so they might as well adapt it all the way through.

I would disagree. The characters and the central relationship grew wonderfully. For about 40 chapters.
Then it and the characters regressed and the story stagnated for the rest of its run until it was mercifully euthanized by the publisher.

Basically what said.
But there were autists who whined about her delivery, which was much more natural and reminiscent of her training for screen acting than the strong indicative quality typical of voice and stage actors.
That and she didn't sound like a squirrel on helium, confusing super-weebs who don't know what real females sound like.

Nisekoi's about to end. It wasn't nearly as bad of a ride as it could've been.

See you next season!

the raws are out actually he confesses to both of them at the same time and they both accept. Harem ending.

Medaka Box. Just for this guy

Don't talk about the usagi drop manga.

Maybe its a good thing that we will never get another berserk anime. The movies were enough.

The fact that it sold so poorly is a tragedy.

A-am I the only one who really enjoyed this show and its manga?

It's a "weird but I liked it" kind of thing

Its one of the animes I've had the most fun watching which is why I really want a second season.

I loved it. Laughed at least once for episode so yeah, I'd love to see the island animated.

>Sup Forums

Don't include my user I don't wanty another season.

Shit ending.

It wasn't mercifully euthanized. The publisher was the one at fault. The creator wanted it to end much sooner with the revelation that the lady was an alien. But the publish thought that was dumb and wanted to milk it for longer, so they forced him to continue.

It was both, really. The mangaka didn't want to advance the relationship and wanted Urabe to be an alien, hence all the UFO charms she has.
Publisher told him to stuff that idea and he kept writing but obviously didn't know where to go with it and it lost all its wonderful dreamscapes and Urabe and Tsubaki did nothing but act like imbeciles while their relationship ran in circles.

Definitely; it's an anime I consider 9.5/10 only because I think 10 is impossible. I hate how the distribution fucked any chance of S2.
>Diebuster
I thought Gunbuster was the summation and ultimate mech anime of the late 80's/early 90's, Diebuster is underrated as it touched on the more recent mech related anime but it didn't cover the bases as well as Gunbuster did. I think a sequel would have to wait another 10-20 years to get an accurate feel for the generation it covered.

Apart from that, I thought Hyouka was beautifully animated and the OST was great, an S2 would be perfect to wrap up the series.

Tragic.

There wasn't nearly enough of this.

it is but it didn't need one

>I don't think expecting a story to follow the most basic story structure is something unreasonable.
You can find that too, if you care to look at Tsubaki and Urabe's relationship as one relayed in stages, not that it was a moment to moment retelling by traditional methods of linear storytelling. There's the getting to know you phase, before other people know about the two to after having the secret relationship discovered by others, encountering and moving past challenges (or perceived challenges) to the relationship from others outside it, a before encountering family stage to becoming accepted as part of the family of your partner. From first meet to deciding to spend lives together, there is that basic meta story, which doesn't interfere with the manga's theme to consistently explore sexy relationship moments, as opposed to detailing lurid acts of singular, sequential relationship interactions.
Sorry user, I must decline. I don't know you.

I'm surprised this wasn't more popular.