I don't understand. Is the show self-aware about what a deadbeat husband, father, and grandfather Goku is?

I don't understand. Is the show self-aware about what a deadbeat husband, father, and grandfather Goku is?

Are we supposed to laugh at it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HV6dZRJ7xZ4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vegeta's just as bad. Goku's been a cunt since Dragonball.

Fuck off retard

I wanted to go on a tantrum about how much goku cared to save the ox-king and chi-chi's wedding dress. but then i realised just how wimsical and fun the original dragonball was with all the folklore stuff and kung fu movies references. thanks for making me sad asshole

People never shut up about Goku being a horrible father, but it's not like Chichi is such a good mother/wife either.

No wonder Gohan is an autist.

goku
>works his butt off to protect their sorry asses.
>got money for doing that.
>hunts for food
>spends some of his time with his son.
>does well at farming

chichi
>son married a rich girl
>husband's best friend is rich
>never lets goten have a childhood after goku gets revived again.
>forces her granddaughter to become a stereotypical future housewife.
>rather have everyone die than let her family train.

Goku may not be the best parent but at least he's there when you need him the most

Chichi is a good wife though. She might scream and rage but ultimately she supports him in his endeavors. (At the very least because she can't actually stop him to any degree, but still.)
She nags but only because Goku would never listen otherwise.
She is a fairly bad mother, but that is the typical image of a japanese mother. Japanese parenting is awful on a child.

>I am autistic

jesuschristnotthismemeagain.mp3

Goku recently got a few million dollars from Mr.Satan for saving the world.

Which really showed the fans the actual state of this family and who's bringing it down, when Chichi pissed it away. He's won prize money before as well.

Chichi
>takes care of the home
>cooks all the food
>single-handedly raised Goten and taught him to fight
>raised Gohan into a professional who has a real job and a nice house
>dotes on her granddaughter like every grandparent should

Goku
>doesn't make any money
>only works when his wife nags him to
>wasn't there for most of his youngest son's life
>wasn't there for much of his eldest son's life
>doesn't give a shit about his granddaughter
>has no problem leaving his family for years at a time
>has no problem not seeing his friends for years, because he'd rather train (see the epilogue)
>has no problem putting his family, friends, and the entire earth in danger just so he can get an exciting fight

Goku doesn't feel love the way humans feel love. He's an alien who only cares about fighting.

Bait, right?

Reminder that Saiyans don't have strong family bonds. It's canon, as explained in Bardock and Gine's story.

>people keep bumping this stupid thread

Why didn't Gohan just enter a martial arts tournament and live off the prize money?

How would it be bait? Goku is a fun hero, I guess, but nobody would want him as a family member. He puts his own desires over the wants and needs of those around him. He's not empathetic, nor does he try to be.

He lied about planning a surprise party for his granddaughter. He doesn't even hold her. He doesn't care.

>She might scream and rage but
Domestic abuse is not acceptable

Goku is naturally carefree and a warrior. Chi Chi is the idiot who expected him to conform to her romantic advances and settle down. The guy has an adolescent stage that is our life span (80 years is still considered young). That's all her fault. Plus, Goku is CLEARLY alpha, and Chi Chi should have fallen in line and trained with him, Gohan becoming far stronger and righteously succeeding his father appropriately for the story line.

>That's all her fault.
Is this something she was aware of?

I would kill my current dad to have Goku as my dad

Yep.
>I Want that guy to marry me
>He will marry me
>He will be my husband and expect to know what a qualities in a husband I would want
>Oh, dear, he's a complete dunce
>I will program him
>Shit's not working
>NAGNAGNAGNAG (Even though he did get pierced through the chest and gut, broken bones, bludgeoned bloodily until a golden mutation saved him, marooned in outer space, endured a heart disease, got blown to smithereens, convinced gods to visit a day, brought back the earth from being destroyed...)

So, still with the shitty meme, Goku is a shitty father/husband when he is a warrior first and foremost?

I thought I was getting away from this stupid phony pretend-to-be-tumblrfag-SJW meme when I left Sup Forums. Die.

>Plus, Goku is CLEARLY alpha, and Chi Chi should have fallen in line and trained with him
If he were clearly 'alpha', she would either naturally fall on line or be forced to. You're looking into the wrong series for totally subservient and unopinionated females.

I would literally marry chichi

You can kill your current dad and just pretend that Goku is your dad; your life wouldn't be any different even if he really were.

No user, I want Goku to call me "son", he can leave afterwards

>Goku is a shitty father/husband when he is a warrior first and foremost?
Yes.

Good fathers/husbands don't abandon their family for months and years at a time.

Good fathers/husbands don't allow murderous villains to live, just because they want to fight them.

Good fathers/husbands aren't absent for the first six years of their child's life.

Oh my god, a dysfunctional family. It's almost like Dragon Ball is part comedy or something.

Being opinionated doesn't make her Beta, being his wife who gets ignored and laughed at does. Plus she does cook and clean for him. She changed everything about herself to fit the delusion of the "model wife."

Again. HER fault for thinking that way.

Once again bait.
>Opinion
>Opinion
>Opinion from a typical, shallow, self-absorbed tumblrfag

She has a shitty concept of love, and should have let him be.

Goku is pure-hearted, that's one of his flaws. Plus, one again, he's naive. Vegeta is definitely a piece of shit in comparison.

He was DEAD when Goten was born, and Goten only knew stories of his father, and still accepted and loved him as a father when he had the chance of coming back.

>He was DEAD when Goten was born
He didn't fucking have to be. He could have been revived by the Namek Dragon Balls.

>Goku is pure-hearted, that's one of his flaws.
He's selfish; that's his main flaw.

>Opinion
edgy

That was all filler anyway.

The latter is a consequence of the former. Just look at her happy dispossition when they married.

As always secondaries think Chi Chi has always been a bitch.

>when Chichi pissed it away.
It was later revealed that she was lying about that. She just wants her family to be "normal" and so forces Goku to get a job.

I don't think this was supposed to be taken seriously as an adult. So if you watch it through an adult lens you realize how completely irresponsible these people are.

Lol then blame Akira Toriyama for him not making him through your eyes.

>Namek
No one thought about it. BFD

>Selfish
Idiotic is more like it. But challenging oneself and saving the world was a win-win situation for him, even thought he was failing miserably with Vegeta, Frieza, and Buu until plot armor.

>edgy
Hello, pot! Meet kettle.

Did your dad abandon you or something? 99% of the population of the developed world agrees that fathers should be there for their family. An absentee father is a bad father.

Vegeta will spoil Bra when she's born in Super, right?

She will be born, right? RIGHT?

While we're at it, age these two up.

>He was DEAD when Goten was born, and Goten only knew stories of his father, and still accepted and loved him as a father when he had the chance of coming back.
And Goku has Chi Chi to thank for that as she's the one who raised Goten alone (big surprise) getting him into material arts and talking him wonders about his father. For all the shit she gives Goku for being a lame family head (which he is) she always places him in a good spot with their children. Chi Chi has never questoned him as a person, a material artist or a man. She only reclamos his lack of parental perception. Even defensa him when other people calls Goku stupid or a loser. But as always Chi Chi haters conveniently overlook that to fit the "evil angry bitch" they depicted in their minds. Also...

>Goku is Alpha
Please elaborate. No, really.

LOL he was there for the galaxy. The fact that this man has a family in a remote region and not stronger is circumstantial. Chi Chi should worship this man's ball sack.

He's a complete asshole and a psychopath. Note that he didn't even check in on Chichi or Gohan once during 7 fucking years. Not even once. Also note that Future Goku never told Future Gohan about new namek or the time chamber.

He literally doesn't give a fuck. As long as he can get that cheap thrill he gets when he goes into battle he's satisfied.

He almost got the galaxy destroyed by allowing Cell to come to fruition.

Keep in mind, not even the Kaioshins could have stopped Perfect Cell; he was as strong as Dabura, who they couldn't defeat.

>LOL

Sup Forums, this is a "Dragonball fan". Never turn your back to them, never relax with them around.

At the end of the day she is a good and loyal wife. I bet you if Vegeta had died during the Cell games, Bulma would have replaced him in a heartbeat. Chi Chi on the other hand stayed loyal to her husband even after his death. She could have easily found another man, but she loves Goku too much to ever do that.

>Good fathers/husbands aren't absent for the first six years of their child's life.
Dude he was literally dead.

The females are shit look at what they did to Videl.

Best mom and wife coming through

He had a chance to come back, he declined. He didn't even check in on his family. He couldn't be bothered to put his hand on Kaio's back for five seconds.

>Don't wish me back with the Namek Dragon Balls.

Let's not demonize Goku. He's a friendly noble person but as domebody said earlier he doesn't love people the way humans do. He's naive and pure hearted like a child but that also makes him detached from the more meaningful side of things like a relationship and parenthood aside of camaraderie and pride. He has done lucid moments where he shares his wisdom and legacy with his offspring but other than that he's more a friend or a big brother than a proper parent. He's cool, fun and badass but won't be able to carry a family on his own.

>Chi Chi on the other hand stayed loyal to her husband even after his death

Not so sure about that user...

Because he wants to be a nerd.

>There for the Galaxy

He only wanted to fight strong opponents, doubly so after he learned that dying doesn't mean shit.

>not selfish

Goku fights for Goku. Try watching the show or reading the manga instead of trying to fit in.

Me too, user...

He's constantly doing selfish things that put other people in danger.

>allowed vegeta to live, so he could fight him again
>allowed the androids to be finished, so he could fight them

He doesn't actually decline the use of the namekian balls.
I mean, he says don't revive him but didn't specify with the balls.

>Are we supposed to laugh at it?
Japanese humor

Why would he even need money? His wife is the daughter of the richest man on the planet. He's pretty much set for life. I don't know why Chi Chi is still on his case about getting a job.

Nah his negatives far outway his positives.

>Doesn't let King Kai come back to life because somehow it would prevent him from accompanying Goku despite the fact that King Kai still wouldn't have a planet
>Leaves him dead forever

Can anyone link me a stream? I'm not at home so halp!

Chichi wants to take pride in her son being a right and proper salary man. I detect a hint of insecurity in these actions, remember ChiChi is pretty much a country hick. Perhaps she is forcing her kids to live her dream that she could never accomplish.

But why Goten now? She never really bothered with him studying until Goku came back.

>Chichi
>country hick
>daughter to the Ox King who has a fuck ton of treasures and money.

Uh, That was Vegeta. And Goku was dying. DYING.

>Denoting a person who has a dominant role or position within a particular sphere.

Even with Vegeta succeeding him in strength, Goku would have lost if it wasn't for Kaioken. Once again, he states his dominance by remaining competitive and having wits greater than stronger opponents. The Frieza saga was plot armor done beautifully, him once again being dominant and defeating him. He thought he killed him, and left Frieza to die in the explosion. Not his fault Frieza didn't; he's just hardy. Whoops.

Try harder. And quit projecting your own insecurities for everyone to see.

Yeah, that bothered me. Chi Chi was a lot more chill when Goku was dead.

To counteract Goku's bad influence on Goten of course.

Its in her dialect/accent.

because goku is back
she missed that good for nothing husband and tried to turn goten into goku

>I detect a hint of insecurity in these actions
What I detect is her being naturally worried about her son becoming a decent person with a cetered outlook on life instead of just a lazy brute that takes life for granted. It's not just about the money its about being a good man with goals and duties.

Fun thing is that Gohan did exactly that and is fucking happy.

He won't be happy when the Earth is destroyed due to his negligence. Like with Freiza.

Oh you mean Alpha in the literal sense. Not the meme way Sup Forums describes "Alpha" as.

Because Goku is as far as possible from being an "Alpha" in Sup Forums's terminology. He's just too nice, optimistic and humble to do that.

>being his wife who gets ignored
Except Goku bows to some of her demands though, like their son's future.

I wonder how strong Mr.Satan is compared to other humans? He probably would have been a decent fighter in early to mid Dragonball.

youtube.com/watch?v=HV6dZRJ7xZ4

stronger than yamcha

Hard to say. He is far below start of DB Goku, recall Goku took bullets and axes to the head.

That's why they have the brute deadbet dads for. Just because Goku wants to be the strongest there is doesn't mean his children would want to follow his example.

I like how TFS plays with that. Goku's many flaws gets constantly exposed but everyone tolerates him because he's the only one who can defeat the big bads. Like yeah, he's an ass but we would ve dead without him.

At the moment I'd say he's the strongest human that can't utilize Ki

What does he know? Fuck it, let's see where that goes.

Reminder that Yamcha's only canon win outside fillers is a against a little girl who he sneak attacked.

He's okay with that because his son is happy and he trust Chi Chi as a mother anyways.

>other humans
strong
>z fighters
no

Wait. Are you telling me the Wolfhe defeated in the first Tenkaichi Budokai was filler?

I think he would have been an awesome addition to the turtle squad in DB. He and Krillin both cowardly fighting each other, yet strong as fuck. As innovative and conniving as he is, he would have bested Krillin once he knew how to manipulate Ki.

I'd give that to Chi Chi. Well at least the Chi Chi from the 23rd Martial Arts tournament. I don't know about now.

I don't get why no one taught him ki. Is he just inept?

didn't he win against the invisible man
memes aside, yamcha could murder satan

he also won against some noname fighters at the tournaments
mr satan can tank a punch from buu and cell

you shut up, as fuckable as chichi is, she's fucking loyal. she waiting over a decade for for goku based on a promise they made as kids, then stuck with his ass when he left her for space, the afterlife and even more space.

Goku gave no fucks, but chichi, as fuckable as she is gave him all her fucks.

Bulma a shit and a slut.

>Try harder.
>And quit projecting your own insecurities for everyone to see.

You first

That was my point. Excuse the laconic language.

DB Teen Chi Chi was so cute.

How many people have to tell you you're wrong until you figure out that they just might be onto something? Hmm?

Oh, that's right: it will never happen. People of low intelligence as yourself cannot fathom the fact that they possibly do not know something.

>I don't know anything about debating and am trying to be an edgelord anonymously online

Stop with the shitty trope. We get it. Websites are your friends.

>you aren't trying to be an edgelord anonymously online
>that post

You are hilarious. No amount of denial and stubbornness will change the fact that you aren't smart enough to realize you don't know everything.

By all means, keep doing damage control. If I wasn't right you wouldn't be replying, or is this your first time here?

Toriyama confirmed that Goku is a while back. He see only sees Gohan, Goten, and ChiChi as "friends".
Now don't get me wrong, Goku cares very deeply about his friends. But he'd also spend long periods away from them to train in shit. After he defeated the Red Ribbon Army Roshi told Goku he had nothing left to teach him, so he trained on the other side of the world for the next 3 years. After he killed King Piccolo and reviving his friends, Goku trained at Kami's Lookout for the next 3 years, Krillin didn't even get to thank Goku until he reunited with everyone at the tournament. Goku didn't contact anyone else after he defeated Piccolo Jr., Gohan's first meeting with them would be the first time Goku saw them after that, Gohan was 4.

Nah, you just entertain me for the time being. And apparently this thread is dying/dead. I wanted to bite the bait just because... well, I can and just proved how wrong you are, and how much you need to broaden your definitions of shitty parents. If I found out my dad was a deity, I wouldn't be so self-absorbed to say DADDY LOVE ME, instead, I'll just try to give him something to be proud of.

But we are all on Sup Forums, right? I'm wrong. And a faggot. Just as much as you.

And in the epilogue, he hadn't seen any of them in like 7 years.

>Circular logic

>He see only sees Gohan, Goten, and ChiChi as "friends"
This is demonic.