Sup Forums's Opinion on learning Spanish?

Spanish is becoming more common in the U.S as the U.S. transforms into a bi-lingual state, Where I live in the U.S. (California) I have recently noticed that I'd say 30% of the people in my town speak Spanish, and when they come up and try talk to me, I cant even understand them.

So Sup Forums what is your opinion on Spanish?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dgUUr5dZxcw
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do it, there's nothing wrong with learning spanish and expanding your horizons goy

As my Anthropology prof said, it's a slave language.

If you deal with Mexicans, be sure to learn their gutter version of Spanish so they won't try and learn English.

I prefer to just hire someone to deal with them.

It's up to you. You shouldn't have to learn a foreign language in your own country just because a minority can't be bothered to the official language.

They dont assimilate though, They form their own communities in packed areas.

This
Also this

There are no downsides to learning a second or third language. Helped me a ton when visiting Mexico, France, and Germany.

Spanish is a dirty evil language spoken only by uneducated dirty brown people. No reason to ever fucking learn it.

Fuck spics, fuck their language. I speak more Spanish than the average person because my private school started our Spanish lessons in third grade. Even when I sense that I speak more Spanish than a spic speaks English, I insist on speaking English.

You moved here. You assimilate, you fucking beaner.

The US has no official language.
One might argue that English is the de facto official language since the Constitution is written in it (Canadians made a point to write the Constitution in both English and French, the two official languages of Canada).
However, when we consider several cases: modern Hawaii and Puerto Rico; and historical examples of Louisiana after the purchase, Texas, Florida, and California; it becomes obvious that there is no official language of the US.

Speaking functional Spanish lets you talk to your inevitable chicana gf's parents, which is nice

Everyone around the world speaks 2 or more languages because English is the most important language you MUST know.

Since English is the default language in the US, there is no need for people to learn russian, chinese, spanish etc etc
Only if you feel like it, but you don't need it

kek

I thought the same and Is largely right. I live in Cali and life would be easier if I just learned the language around here. Spic girls love it when you speak to them in broken Spanish too. I was dedicated to learning it a couple years ago but ended up going down this path of immense racism and stopped.

pilots are expected to speak English. you don't just fly around not speaking English. i'm not going to crash a plane if i don't understand a bean pie speaking jib jab to me, i'm not a pilot. i don't know any beaner pilots either. i hate flying.

even if you get bored of Spanish, knowing the basics can make learning another Romance language like French or Italian a lot easier.

It's the official favorite language of waifus though.

youtube.com/watch?v=dgUUr5dZxcw

You are pissed because they taught you a second language? There's nothing wrong with learning a second language buddy, those ponchos not assimilating is another topic

noice

its good for your brain. I speak spanish, but I started in 7th grade (long time ago) and before I had any misgivings about brown culture. It has helped me greatly in my interactions with them and got me a few jobs. But besides all that, the older you get the harder it gets to learn one. better get started

Flag of Mexico when it becomes an Unincorporated US Territory? OY VEY