Would you prefer new anime to release all episodes in one single day?

Would you prefer new anime to release all episodes in one single day?

strawpoll.me/10650834

If you voted yes then you literally belong on reddit.

/thread

It would probably save me wasting my time on series that turn to shit. But I'd be significantly less motivated to watch anything because it'd be a whole new series for my backlog with no ongoing discussion.

>People voting for no

I'm sorry but I don't understand why you guys don't want to watch it in one go? Or at least not wait for it whether or not it's good or bad?

Why the fuck would you ever watch an once a week ongoing if you had an option to watch as much as you want at your own pace

I would not mind this format but it needs a catch like yeah we'll release all at once but one show every X days

I feel like the experience of watching certain shows is benefited a lot from watching it weekly. The show's quality doesn't change either way but there's something about having weekly discussion and speculation that can really enhance the show, at least for me

That would literally kill Sup Forums if there was something new to talk about for only a week or two every three months.

Furthermore without a week-to-week gap there is no time at all for fanbases/audiences to form and evolve naturally, no cliffhangers for everyone to get hype about etc, it's irrefutably shittier.

I'd prefer hour long episodes every week.

Because my life is so empty and worthless I have nothing to look forward to every day, except anime.

Nah. I like reading and discussing current eps. and reading the shit cynicism for Sup Forums tries to put on.

All episodes in one day
10/11 episode show
Hour long episodes

Pick one.

Hey binge fags, you can still binge any show. You just have to wait a couple of weeks.

I don't want to wait 3 or 6 months to know if a show is good or shit.

I actually quite like binging. Makes the experience nicer to me. It's just that I hate waiting if I know that I could be watching it now.

So a show that is good for 11 episodes but has a disappointing ending is automatically a shit show? The disappointing ending is the same regardless of whether it took 12 weeks to arrive or not

>Hey binge fags, you can still binge any show. You just have to wait a couple of weeks.
Hey weekly fags, can can still watch any show weekly. You just have to restrain yourself with one episode every week.

It's generally shit. It's shit for both normal people with a job as well as for NEET/hikki Sup Forumsnons.

The former don't have the time to just marathon shows so the hikkis would have already watched everything of it and discuss it on Sup Forums while people with a slower pace have no chance to participate without being spoiled. By the time they're done, discussion has already died. NEET/hikkis would watch all shows in one go and would be left for the rest of the season with absolutely nothing to watch. Singular episodes aren't savoured as well and discussed in great depth. Creation of OC also depends a lot on that, since memes, and content such as screencaps, webms, etc. only happens when you're left with a whole week to discuss each episode. Not to mention speculating about future episodes, certain themes that may arise, etc. would be dead since you get to watch the whole thing in one go.

>release all episodes in one single day?

hmm, half the fun I get from a new show is the discussion here, so fuck no

You spend literally the same amount of time watching it. This is the most retarded argument I've ever seen.

for me personally watching a lot of shows when they come out doesn't work, like I may be able to follow three but more than that and I get disinterested and bored when the next episode comes out. But then when the season ends I binge all shows back to back and love 'em all, I just have a problem with constantly needing to be hooked in again every week, this way is much easier for people like me.

Typically a show would automatically retain a captive audience for three months. Those are three months during which people can introduce a show to a friend, feel invested enough to buy merchandise, discuss the show online - basically those three months generates a great deal of buzz for the show. Releasing it all at once essentially turns 3 months worth of marketability into one week. ReLIFE is smart in being one of the first shows to hop on this trend because its gained a lot of publicity for it, but in the future other studios know that the gimmick will lose them money.

How this business model works for live action shows in the west is completely beyond me, though as far as I can tell the US doesn't have as strict season scheduling as japan.

Hasn't Shaft done this before with some of the Monogatari seasons?

Yeah I covered my ass by saying "being one of the first" because it's the first time I personally have heard of this practise in anime, you're probably right

Would be bad for SoLs, I like watching them slowly.
As for the other genres, I don't mind.

>people with a slower pace have no chance to participate without being spoiled.
Except that will happen regardless if it's based on already released source material.

Then watch them however you like, just because they're all released doesn't mean you have to watch them all at once, watch until you've had enough.

There is literally no downside to getting series like this.

Mystery shows benefit in binge, discussion kills mystery. Most mysteries aren't even bad, but tends to get negative rep because thousands of heads got together and piece various insights of each individual to solve every single mystery. Then viewers would just regard those brainstorm conclusions as their own even though they wouldn't have been able to reach the same reasoning as fast by themselves.

Refer to .

Not all shows are based on pre-existing media, and even then the anime adaptation is not necessarily the same. Also, it's not like there even were that many people who are familiar with most things Japanese. If it's a high profile manga that everyone has read already or some chuunibait LN that may be the case, but otherwise you can very well discuss things. Also, all other points still apply.

But you could die in those six months

The best outcome of more series releasing like this could be abandoning the need for every 22 minutes to have a self contained structure. Creative limits imposed by the broadcast needs of networks should be abandoned as we move away from tv and towards the internet.

>there won't be as much autistic shitposting so it's bad

Yeah more 45 minute episodes where it feels necessary would be good.

Then you'd have nothing to worry about any more.

>The best outcome of more series releasing like this could be abandoning the need for every 22 minutes to have a self contained structure.
This would only be good if - and only if - we also moved away from the seasonal format. Allowing studios to publish anime at their own pace. If the seasonal format is kept, then it would inhibit conversation.

>there won't be as much autistic shitposting so it's bad
If you don't enjoy discussing anime, then I don't know what you're doing in here.

>The entire season/series spoiled day 1 because you decided to check Sup Forums before marathoning the whole fucking thing

Because I actually like discussing weekly releases with fellow anons?

I only marathon old series and depending how good or bad it is, maybe I'll make a thread about it to relieve other user's nostalgia.

I just started but I have to say I probably wouldn't have payed any attention to this show, so as a way of promotion it worked but only because it's unique in that way, however that's not to say the show itself isn't good as well.

I like binging stuff on Netflix so I wouldn't mind. However some anime would be way worse with it. The only enjoyment I got out of Mayoiga was waiting to see what stupid bullshit would happen next and speculating with the community. Without that, I would have hated the show even more.

Argument for both for me personally
yes- save it for backlog marathon later on, have more time for work and other shit
no- the discussions on are most of the fun with seasonal anime, weekly hype aswell.

This

The only good thing that came from releasing everything at once was the containment of shitposting that would have occurred from trying to grab something trivial out of an episode every week.

Just ONA never a TV show

Am I on gaia?

Releasing all in a single day is good only of it is a web manga/novel adaptation or it is already finished in its original source. Ongoing stuff and originals must be weekly to build up hype.

So what's the ending then?

It's stupid since people won't visit threads before they finished it due to spoilers and there is barely anything you can talk about after you finished it.
No specular no wars no anything since everything already finished and no hopes and fears regarding what might happen in the upcoming episodes.
I also dare to say that characters won't grow as much as they would if you ahd followed the series over weeks and months and those series will probably also don't get much fanart either.

People also won't think about things and their perceptions will be limited to the first impression. I like that I get time to mull over the characters and their personalities in my mind between episodes.

YES, so i can watch other shows after finishing one in a couple of days instead of 3 months

If you read the manga, it ends with the fireworks scene. Then it spoils that Chizuru is also a Relife subject, not that it wasn't insanely obvious. Nothing the manga didn't cover already.

So you guys basically watch anime just to post about it on Sup Forums?

Fags

Why would we want all the episodes out at once?
>no weekly discussion threads
>no weekly waiting from suspense
>no time to take in a massive trainwreck
>no conspiray theory postings
>it would literally be watch it, talk about it for two days, then go
Fucking why would you want this?

Oh so the actual manga isn't done yet? I saw the premise and decided to skip to the end because I wasn't really interested in bad endings, then reread it.

>it would literally be watch it, talk about it for two days, then go

Thats a good thing

Yes.

Asshole jebus does it again

Who gives a shit? I just want to watch my anime.

Most of the fun of a show is in discussion, so fuck no.

This is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever seen on this godforsaken website

Added ReLife to my catalog, now I'll probably never see it

For series based on source material, it should be binge, for original series, weekly

All at once, even for the sake of discussion. It would be a better use of everyone's time if a show was digested in its entirety and discussion revolved around the show as a whole, rather than weekly episodes. I'm thinking something like a book club. Let's be honest, it's not like a lot of useful or thought provoking ideas are being exchanged in weekly discussion threads given the lack of content to even talk about. The people who like memes and shitposting will still have something to do, they just won't be doing it as long per show.

I suppose some people do that after a while, but most probably started watching anime before Sup Forums, so it's a bit complex to explain the attachment an user could have with this board.

seems like a better idea to do it all ahead of time and release it when its ready than shit it out weekly. imagine kill la kill with a real plot instead of made up as it goes. batch release is ehh

Most adaptations would be shit out bimonthly so that's way worse to me.

OTOH, fanbases form around live-action shows which release all at once, like Orange is the New Black, so I doubt it would prevent the same from happening to anime that gets released all at once. Regardless, I'd prefer the bulk of shows to come out week-by-week.

Binge Anime should be a thing.