What was the most UNnecessary episode of NGE

sorry we just have to get this thread over with

Other urls found in this thread:

eee.fm/song/25602258/neon_genesis_evangelion_ost_2_-_14_-_magma_diver_-_predostavleno_gruppoj_anime_love
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There isn't one.

seele did it

"most" unnecessary but not unnecessary

NGE does not get good until around episode 20, before that you just get a bunch of stupid filler episodes about stopping the angel of the day. The absolutely worst one however was the one where their Eva's had to learn the dance, so stupid

The anime is a C+ at best but people worship it for some reason

The one with the spider angel that dripped acid.

If you want the straight story with no filler I would read the manga. It's 10x better.

Original 25 & 26
just skip them and go to EoE

As much I fucking love Jet Alone, I agree that its episode was basically dogshit and pretty much only exists as an excuse to show how underhanded and dirty Seele is.

The episode where Asuka, Rei and Shinji have to manually walk through the vent shafts to get to their Evas. It was the 'beach episode' equivalent to Eva. And even the team admitted it was a filler episode.

Magma Diver.
Seele did absolutely nothing in the episode. It was all Nerv.

Every episode with Asuka

It's been long since I last watched it, I can't remember what the episodes were even about. They fight the angel of the day, Shinji cries, goto 10.

The whole show is unnecessary, it sucks.

Magma Diver

I hate Asuka, but most episodes with her are necessary. Since most of her character is about being a contrast to Shinji. Magma Diver was also her big character development episode, to show she has so much pride and stubbornness that she will almost get herself killed. And needs people like Shinji and Misato to help her.

The episode where the pilots are stuck in their entry plugs and do nothing while Ritsuko technobabbles and fights a virus for the entire episode.

This.

Hedgehog Dilemma. I know that it was suppose to be cementing Shinji's personality, but it just fell flat. It was more of an artistic showpiece than any significant character or plot development. Especially since it just ends with him returning as if nothing happened.

It was Anno trying to show off his troubled teenage years in an episode. But not entertaining to the viewer.

>skipping episodes 25 and 26 on your first watch
Biggest indicator of a faggot right here.

>first watch

>show she has so much pride and stubbornness that she will almost get herself killed
That was Asuka Strikes. Misato is the one who almost kills her in Magma Diver, it's the closest she comes to endangering someone for personal vengeance on the Angels like she thinks she does.

>didn't like the dancing episode
holy shit, are you incapable of having fun? did you get molested as a kid?

It wasn't even fun, it made me feel like I was watching rugrats. Shit was fucking dumb.

Asuka does the same thing in Magma diver. Constantly insisting to stay in and 'get the job done' even when all signs are showing she is in trouble. Then it almost leads to her falling in until Shinji saves her. Which makes her even more stubborn and prideful that she was saved.

Wouldn't that be The Value of a Miracle is...? Ritsuko even calls her out on it.

Only following orders.

Everybody calls her on it being insane and it only works because Shinji is clutch. There wasn't really a sane alternative.

You replied to bait

>inb4 so did I

That was the best episode because best grill saved the day

good taste

someone edit the picture to say "good tastes, get in"

Yeah, this one never sat right with me. They didn't even kill the Angel; it's just sort of subsumed into the Magi. I get that it was a lower deck episode, but the sorts of character development that happened in that episode also happened in later ones for basically all of them.

Its been a while since I've seen NGE but wasn't it nerve and gendou who sabatoged jet alone. Also the episode was to give misato some spotlight and Insight to her character if I'm remembering correctly, as well as some Insight to ritsuko for second time viewers.

the entire series

You're wrong though. Part of the reason the episode is in there is to show how shinji starts to get used to living with misato and being an eva pilot. He explicitly doesnt say a word about piloting the eva, he just does it.

Magma Diver and The Day Tokyo-3 Stood Still were totally filler, except MD has the coolest track in the OST and they get Adam so I guess that's important.
eee.fm/song/25602258/neon_genesis_evangelion_ost_2_-_14_-_magma_diver_-_predostavleno_gruppoj_anime_love

None of the episodes are filler. Whether or not one contains a character study or sets up coziness to be stripped away in the run to the ending, they all add something to the mystery plot that's only taken for granted in hindsight. Criticize it for pacing instead.

>What was the most UNnecessary episode of NGE
EoE.

Sorry, someone had to say it.

EoE nicely wraps up NGE in a way that the original couldn't because of budget. It's also a great movie on its own.

The only thing I never liked about Eva was that all the Evas look the same and there's no variety

except not really, she didn't

EPISODE 14

Recap Episode...

Absolutely nothing is gained from watching this episode.

I agree. But the same can be said for everything tied to Eva after the TV series ended honestly. Its all just milking.

wasn't only the first half recap?

The right answer took long enough.

I love JET ALONE.

He gives no fucks.

>Absolutely nothing is gained from watching this episode.
Most people in Japan didn't start watching Eva until the halfway mark. So this episode was actually quite important in its initial run. It also Gave the development team time to work on other episodes that still weren't finished when it began to air.

That's because he jets...alone

the way he walks is sidesplittingly funny. Like that autistic kid who tried to run anime style.

>I like him because he reminds me of myself when I was younger.

(You)
FUCK....

(You) (You)
Thank that episode for this.

Still not a good reason for this episode, they could of easily flushed out a side character's personality/motivation with dialogue. Hell...anything.
rest is this...

Still great tho...

inb4

Someone mentions Rebuild.

U-urusai!

Death & Rebirth

Noice