High school is the best and most important part of anyone's life!

>high school is the best and most important part of anyone's life!
>high schoolers are the most wise, intelligent, attractive, and perfect people in existence!
>you're some 27 year old NEET? If you went back to high school, you'll be failing all your classes and be inferior to literally everyone. High schoolers are simply that incredible!

Does this piss off anyone else? Others shows also suffer from this mindset, but I've never seen a more egregious example than ReLife. High schoolers are treated as some sort of gods who possess power and knowledge beyond human comprehension.

Who the fuck seriously believes this?

But it's true.

I don't know about you, user, but in my time the average high schooler was borderline retarded. I got top grades by simply listening during class and doing all my homework. If I had to re-do high school, I'd fucking wreck everyone. That's not even considering the amount of wisdom and skills in social interaction I have gained over the years.

>you're some 27 year old NEET? If you went back to high school, you'll be failing all your classes and be inferior to literally everyone.
I would though

High school, meh. If I could go back, I'd relive undergrad 100% of the time. Definitely the highpoint.

>If you went back to high school, you'll be failing all your classes and be inferior to literally everyone. High schoolers are simply that incredible!
I was already superior (academically) to everyone in highschool, so i can't really relate to that.
But on the contrary there's so much stuff wrong about my personal relationships/romance interactions that even 14 years old kids are more skilled than me, so that's that

I honestly don't know why everybody got hung up on the premise and assumed MC is NHK-tier loser. He's pretty much just a Nip normalfag who put his foot down on a toxic workplace.

>any high schoolers at all
>wise

What's so wise about wanting your dick sucked and/or wanting to suck dick?

highschool or pre adulthood having the best times in your life is a universal notion

I don't know where you are pulling the other two things from. Seems rather show specific

How old are you? How much have you evolved socially since high school?

>high schoolers are the most wise, intelligent, attractive, and perfect people in existence!
Confirmed to not have read/watched it. Fuck off back to .

>How old are you?
Mid 20's.
>How much have you evolved socially since high school?
A fuck ton. I'm practically a completely different person in comparison to my high school self. If I could see my high school self, I'd probably kick hiss ass for being such a pussy. That's why I can't relate to this shit at all.

>High schoolers are treated as some sort of gods who possess power and knowledge beyond human comprehension.
No, they're good at studying while an adult has little need of studying and thus forgets everything that isn't critical to their job.

In fact if you had even bothered watching the anime you'd know that while they're book smart, they still lack life experience and act childish, ending up getting lectured by the more mature Arata. There are some things only adults with real life experience know, even if it isn't "book smarts".

>be pretty fucking smart and get into learning pretty easily
>end up having absolutely inferior social skills
>never look back on high school with fond memories or good friends to look back on it with

Why the fuck does it always have to be like this? Just thinking about how fucking unfair such a fate is really irritates me. It pisses me off that I can't fucking do anything about this.

They can't even sort their feelings out and just created a big ball of misunderstanding till the MC helped out. MC might not be smart but at least he's wiser than the normal students in the series

>I'm practically a completely different person in comparison to my high school self.

I envy you user. How'd you do it?

Are you actually telling us you don't find high schoolers attractive?

He's not even really a NEET. He's trying his hardest to get a proper job and keeps a part-time job at least.

He just got fucked by life and ended up in a shitty situation at a shitty workplace and nip society shows no mercy to people who quit, no matter the circumstances because they assume everyone is a beta, ball-less faggot.

He had the balls to speak up and got fucked by society for it. He's in no way a loser.

Moving out of my parents' place to attend uni in a different city. If you can fully control your life, you can actually make meaningful changes and work towards your goals. Even then it takes years of effort to change your personality and life outlook. That sense of helplessness and lack of control you get when you live by somebody else's rules is one of the worst things out there for personal growth.

Japan's work scene really sucks. Is the end game only working at a desk job? That's the way it always seems in anime.

That's pretty much what the average nip ends up doing. It's all about which company you can manage to get accepted by, not the job task itself.

Are you fucking retarded? Half the show was the adult solving all the teenagers problems

You know, you don't have to take the plot so seriously. But hey, it's your life.

That's what made the show to me. It wasn't as much about his own return to highschool as it was about the effects having an adult around immature highschool kids to set them straight as "one of them" had on their lives.

>you'll be failing all your classes
Well, no shit. If you didn't study it for your career would you remember all those trigonometric functions? Historical names/dates? Grammatical cases?

I graduated from highschool a year ago and the stuff i haven't needed for university is mostly gone from my head.

>MC is NHK-tier loser
I'm happy he wasn't. He's just a normal dude down on his luck and there's nothing wrong with that.

This, Kaizaki sorting that bullshit with Redhead was tops. Too bad his beloved senpai offed herself before getting poon

it's the most blantant wish fullfilment I've seen in recent memory.

it's like isekai with even less creativity.

I feel like people are too quick to judge the show based on the premise alone. It was all handled pretty well and the MC was great.

His work senpai caught me off guard to be honest. I didn't expect it to get so dark out of nowhere.

This shit is becoming annoyingly common. Just shit otakus being taking places or times when they can get puss and achieve shit.

I feel like people of my generation are feeling profoundly lost in life right now. I'm a 27 year old premed student and christ I wish I could go back to when I was 17 and tell myself to hurry the fuck up and get going.

It's the fucking Boomers fault. I'm telling you.

Seriously. I'd have nothing to do with my high school self.

Well, in this case the MC isn't a shitty NEET otaku. He's a hard-working, sociable man who got fucked by society for daring to stand up to the bullshit pulled by his workplace.

>I feel like people of my generation are feeling profoundly lost in life right now. I'm a 27 year old premed student and christ I wish I could go back to when I was 17 and tell myself to hurry the fuck up and get going.

Isn't this what the anime did? There was too much autistic NEET MC in the past really, that this type of MC would just be pigeonholed to the same category and that's sad.

>it's the most blantant wish fullfilment I've seen in recent memory.
>he doesn't want to go back to his high-school days and better his life

I just failed senior year for the second time, and I was always a year behind already.

It's not as easy as you think.

The funny thing is that it focuses more on how he betters the lives of people around him rather than his own life.

>yfw qt work senpai killed herself

Yeah this isn't entirely unrealistic considering his superior life experience at that point.

Don't you see, they're trying to teach him his place in Japanese society?

Honestly, the premise is painful and makes no sense. Going back to high school will accomplish nothing if you go back to your old age after.

There is advice only adults can give, but there is also advice people are only willing to get from close friends.

It's about helping him overcome his trauma and guaranteeing him a stable job if everything turns out well, not about "teaching him his place"

>If I had to re-do high school, I'd fucking wreck everyone.

No you wouldn't. There's no guarantee you are on top of the pecking order. At my high school, the smart people stayed away from those at the top of the pecking order. If you got involved, you got burned almost all the time (slave for all their homework, money source, etc). I remember being stabbed with a pencil for not obeying better (bad attitude at being ordered).

>Don't you see, they're trying to teach him his place in Japanese society?

Wouldn't this experiment just have the opposite effect and have more confidence that what he did before was right all along?

But isn't that also kinda the point?

He got traumatized when he tried to help somebody because it ended it worst way possible.

Having him regain his confidence in his abilities to help others and overcome the past is pretty much the best outcome.

>High schoolers are treated as some sort of gods who possess power and knowledge beyond human comprehension
Where did you get that from? The Japanese worship high school life because life after it is just shit. No matter what you study in college you will probably end up just as a salaryman who works from morning till night and have just have drinking meetings with your Coworkers. You can't go to club activities, you can't make new friends and experience love for the first time, you also can't work with your club memebers on some exciting project for the school festival etc. You will get freedom when you become an adult but you will eventully get tired of your free time and become just an empty company employer who just work and drink alcohol at night.

Yeah, and it makes sense that way, which was my point. The premise really doesn't do the show justice because it's handled in a very good way. It's way too easy to judge it prematurely.

>You can't go to club activities, you can't make new friends and experience love for the first time, you also can't work with your club members on some exciting project for the school festival

Too bad, my school curriculum didn't have any of those. Fuck Catholic school.

A BUNCH OF 27 YEAR OLD ADULTS ARE PRETENDING TO BE STUDENTS
if the parents of the kids knew about this they'd throw a national fucking tantrum.

everyone in japan knows everyone wants to fuck a highschool girl. it's some creepy ass shit with these adults deceiving all the kids and teachers.

He was not guaranteed a stable job out of this. If anything, this might just make him become a teacher. Unless he decides to change his career, he has to go back to being a shitty Japanese salaryman.

No, they guaranteed him a job after his ReLIFE period ends as long as the experiment went well.

At least you're smart, user.
Try being a stupid fuck like me who had barely average grades and no friends.
Not to mention the fact that I can't get a decent job and everyone who knows me thinks I'm a fucking failure.

lol what the fuck is this piece of shit school you go to

u american or something?

good luck blaming it on others

Something like that, clearly you can't see a joke.

Not really.
It's japan, they are weird.
I would like to relive my university days though.

Now you know why Kaizaki wouldn't try to trigger any flags with any of them. That's the main conflict for his feelings towards 001

Kinda wish he would get together with An instead after the ReLIFE period.

yes, you get one viewpoint. I'm talking about the viewpoint of everyone that's being deceived! no one would stand for this creepy shit.

Guess I missed that part. For a while I was confusing Oga and the supervisor, clearly this isn't keeping my attention strongly.

This anime is supposed to appeal to people who have regrets and who want to do their high school over I guess.

>Does this piss off anyone else?

I quicklyt tired of his over the top reactions to everything. I forgot this? Scream ultra loud 10000 times! I forgot a pen? Scream ultra loud one billion times. I forgot something else. Yell out loud and stop paying attention in class. Daydreaming? Thinking about other things than getting the school day done?

He's less mature than quite a few sixth graders I remember some of whom already cleaned house, mowed the yard, didn't scream and shout at every setback, etc. And age doesn't help NEETS because the older they get, the more they forget. I bet lots of NEETs cannot even remember what a quadratic equation is. I clearly remember that was standard stuff taught to all students in middle school (junior high grades 7 to 8). We already had beginning calculus in 8th grade.

It's been many years since I've been in school, but from what I understand, school courses have been watered down year after year as teachers and their unions got lazier and lazier. Even before No Child Left Behind Act, classes had not only had class sizes reduced from the 40 to 50 students per class when I was there to be 30 at most and 20 in some as the daughter of one friend said. They just don't make teachers like they used to. The smart schools still expect a lot of their smart dedicated persistent students who have work ethic. But far too many schools now seem to cater to getting students out the door and to babysit some of them that don't care about learning.

>find out about the anime today
>never read the manga either
>start reading it
>the teacher immediately zeroes in on him and singles him out

Seriously, what the fuck? With how Japanese schools are, what kind of teacher knowingly tries to start that shit on someone's first day at a school?

but AraAra is clearly more mature than everyone, he's just forgotten most of the irrelevant shit you learn in school

>We already had beginning calculus in 8th grade.

Clearly not American.

Welcome to Japan where that shit happens all the time. Also his fault for agreeing to let her look through his bag only for there to be a pack of smokes which is kind of a big deal.

>High school is the best and most important part of anyone's life!
the show kinda shows that a lot of times it's the exact opposite, but that it's crucial for emotional growth fro many people.
wat.jpg
>If you went back to high school, you'll be failing all your classes and be inferior to literally everyone.
Believable enough for english, math, sciences, and history, though not so much for how many times he failed that shit. You barely use any of that information that you learned in high school so your brain just throws most of it out the fucking window. His scores really were horrendous next to what they should have been, but failing is kind of expected.

Wasn't it because he pulled out a cigarette pack in class? Also MC quickly solved his beef with the teacher because he is not socially incapable retard.

This is a happy school where there's no heavy atmosphere, except some girl drama that is very specific to relationships.
There's no consequence here, it's not to be taken seriously.

Main character throws a ball 1 metre in sports and doesn't even get bullied. It's played for laughs.

A lot of your problem is due to the huge gap between the wealthy and everyone else. People such as you have to make your personal fortunes out of the piece of pie not owned or inherited by the wealthy. When the top 10% have approx 75%, it's no wonder that you cannot have much to your name.

>This anime is supposed to appeal to people who have regrets and who want to do their high school over I guess.
Not even close. The anime is about Arata trying to help these hormonal, emotionally stunted fucks realize that shit isn't so bad and that they have friends they can rely on. Nothing about the anime appeals to redoing his high school years, especially since he is 100% unspectacular in every way aside from being able to guide other characters towards making the right choices.

He does get made fun of, and his friends is never gonna make him live it down.

True for some people

Ok, now that's bullshit

>you're some 27 year old NEET? If you went back to high school, you'll be failing all your classes and be inferior to literally everyone. High schoolers are simply that incredible!
Failing all of my classes, yes that's possible since I wouldn't remember shit, but be inferior than anyone else? Again, bullshit.

>lol what the fuck is this piece of shit school you go to

At my former high school in the southwest USA near the border with mexico, my freshman class had 1100 students. My graduating senior class had 121 students. I had the misfortune of living on the wrong side of town with the minorities. We had high school students who could barely speak or write english and no, they were not mexicans although we had a lot of them too.

So is scientist's guess right? Will 001 and 002 forget about each other when the experiment is over? Or do you think they will keep their memories once the year is up? (assuming one of them doesn't fuck it up by accidentally revealing their identity to the other).

>I'm practically a completely different person in comparison to my high school self.
I know I wasn't alone but
> If I could see my high school self, I'd probably kick hiss ass for being such a pussy.
I would beat the ever living shit out of me as well

I knew very little boxing but never took it serious just enough to get rid of the bullies and it helped but I was such a idiot to myself, never cared about my homework just got enough to pass and never took care of my body

I didn't even bother trying to find a job back when my family at the time needed it most and were paying for everything

I'm only 4 years removed from high school but I wish I have done more to help myself and others. That is all in the past anyway

either way the tone of the series is lighthearted.

the guy i responded to seemed to be worrying about the consequence of the teacher singling out the MC.

How? What country are you from?

School and puberty.. what a horrible time that was.
Who the hell would want to repeat something like that?

maybe we'd know the answer if this anime had a fucking ending

I don't know how Jap college is, but from what I've seen I think its pretty depressing compared to its murican counterpart. I'm thinking of NHK and Genshiken (colleges portrayed as bleak, brutality, run down, dark places)

It might be because they're mostly commuter schools but I don't know shit about the uni Jap experience.

Its almost like every single anime nowadays is an advertisement for the source material.

What about just school and no puberty while everybody is on it?

I don't know about you but I was done with puberty by like 8th grade. And I consider myself a late bloomer

>done with puberty by like 8th grade
you are either a woman or a super manlet, congrats

My guess would be that they forget but they both get a job at the same company and meet again for the first time, end.

I don't know m8. Everybody was done with puberty by then.

>everybody was done with puberty by then
the average age to start growing fucking body hair and getting deeper voices is around the 8th grade cock juggler, that's barely halfway through.

>mfw i had a mustache in fifth grade

I guess I went through puberty early?

My family is weird though. My dad is like fourty-five but looks to be in his late twenties. My grandparents are in their seventies but look like they're in their fifties.

Were both those guys in love with the volleyball girl or was it just the edgy one?

I think the tall ones is in love with the edgelord, while edgelord is in love with boobies.

Way to completely miss the point you dumb fuck.

It is in Japan. Learn to deal with that.

Other than attractive, the show specifically shows you how stupid and ignorant these kids can be.

You probably would be failing if you hadn't touched any of that work in a decade. He was in sales so almost none of his high school education was involved in his daily life.

so when people graduate do they just become stupid somehow? if so, what was the point in the first place?

Nigga, do you still remember your integrals and algebra? He's 27-years old and the workplace only use excel and basic maths for profits.

I recently took a college course that reintroduced advanced high school math as a refresher and it all came back to me super easily, as I had done all this rote shit over and over before.

He's 27, meaning he has been out of high school for around 9 years. Assuming he didn't do any college, you'd easily forget all of that crap that's not relevant in a salaryman's job.

I was 29 when I did the refresher. you'd be surprised how ingrained basic logic can get in your brain

>somehow
That somehow is called stop practicing, looks like school didn't help you develop common sense.

I don't want to think about my high school days.

If anything Kaizaki would only be good with reports and spreadsheets but that shit ain't happening much in highschool. He's pretty much fucked since salarymen just specializes in sales and reports

I doubt you're even 20, kid. Come back when your balls have dropped