Berserk

The fucking art style of the new Berserk is fucking atrociously bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sLMoHDDYKOk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, who fucking thought adding comic relief to Berserk was a good fucking thing?

Berserk has always had comic relief you fucking ingrate

I was just about to get into this series until I saw this awful CG in the new movies.

>Also, who fucking thought adding comic relief to Berserk was a good fucking thing
Miura. Like it or not.

Is Berserk the best example of "read the manga"?

Now imagine living in the Berenstein universe where the studio behind Hellsing Ultimate handled Berserk.

just read the fucking manga, its the best, 90's anime is good too despite limited budget and its production because of said budget

That would make the whole anime a comedy then

What about that rotoscoped anime

flower of death or whatever it called.

What art style? it changes every few seconds

Miura

He said himself he added puck as without him he would be to depressed to continue writing it

To be honest, rotoscoping would look better than this CG.

WHY WON'T SHE BLINK

>adding comic relief

Puck has been in berserk literally from volume 1. Why does everyone have a problem with it all of a sudden? Fucking summerfags.

What in god's name is this cel shaded shit?

At least you still have new chapters.
What do Bastard!! fans have?
Besides arthritis and hip problems at this point

WHAT THE FUCK

Okay, wow. Fucking wow.

You have no goddamn excuse, CGI's biggest strength is it's ease of fluidity of motion, allowing for greater movement and physical expression when someone is talking, and due to not needing to redraw frames it should allow for a complete lack of still lipflap moments.

There is no goddamn excuse when fucking VEGGIE TALES knows this and you somehow don't, he's not a goddamn robot.

Mostly because volume was was full of MURDER DEATH KILL RAGE DESTRUCTION and puck didnt do all too much, then they went right to Golden Age arc and he was forgotten.

>CG
all of my disgust. how did they fuck up this badly?

>mfw faggot edgy kids clinging to berserk and making fun of nostalgic DBfags with their shitty Super will clinge to their shitty anime and defend it vigorously
such times. anime is finally saving us from ourselves

Miura himself did, and he added more comic relief character's as time went on.

Guts basically has a circus following him around right now.

no one is defending this trash, faggot

>THAT SOME 𝘋𝘈𝘔𝘕 𝘎𝘖𝘖𝘋 𝘈𝘕𝘐𝘔𝘌

>memeserk

hahahhahahahahahAHAHAHAHAH

I think I was actually expecting it to be even far worse than it actually is, because watching it actually felt somewhat like a relief. I mean I clearly saw how awful most of it is, but I was evidently expecting it to still be so much worse.

Don't worry user, it's only the first episode. Plenty of time to meet your abysmal expectations.

Not him but if the whole thing was a comedy, then it wouldn't be comedic RELIEF. Its there to lighten the mood after all the dark, tense, gorey parts because otherwise it'd just be edgy try hard shit
>inb4 it already is edgy try hard shit

holy shit wtf thats terrible

CLANG

I knew it was going to bad... but this... boycotting this. Huge berserk fan but fuck that shit.

It was okay...really

This new series actually has far LESS comic relief then in the manga. Which borderline makes it even worse imo

They don't have motion capture in Japan. So all they can do is hand-animate in CG.

I found that when you sit down and watch an entire episode it isn't quite as bad as watching a 5 second webm on Sup Forums. It still sucks, but at least were getting some of the post-eclipse content animated.

We should have been getting post eclipse content 15 fucking years ago, when the industry actually had a budget for real animation and not this filter abusing, 10 fps, robotic bullshit.

>Sup Forums says it's shit
>yeah right
>mfw it's absolute fucking garbage

what the fuck were they thinking?

>and he was forgotten.
He's in like every panel

What volume? Nearly every volume has comic relief when there's Puck. Only exception would be the Past Arc.

I think he means the initial intro segment before the golden arc.

I still don't understand why they can't seem to make a good Berserk anime, though I guess I should just give up and accept that the 90s anime is the best thing we're gonna get.

Why doesn't the whole thing look like the last second of that webm with Puck?

Because then it would be watchable

>that entire scene
youtu.be/sLMoHDDYKOk

Puck is a stupid and useless character and you know it.
The original anime was right in cutting him out completely.

They were already dead inside at this point. The skeletons only served to free them from their vessels.

>useless character
But he is the best spy you can get.

He's the original "Berserker armor" in that his fairy dust is literally the only thing holding Guts together in the Black Swordsman arc

He also has an important role in the narrative of making it not all bleak and dark.
It gives some context and also someone you can relate more easily to then Guts.

I know that but it always feels so out of place. You cant tell how Miura just shoehorned him in. It takes me out of the atmosphere of the series whenever his naked ass comes on screen.

> The original anime was right in cutting him out completely.
Newfag detected. Im guessing you got all your Berserk info from that IGN review

I liked the episode, the music was good.

>It takes me out of the atmosphere of the series whenever his naked ass comes on screen.
Berserk takes place in a medieval fantasy world where fairies exist.
Puck is a useful and important (albeit small) asset to the narrative and a central character, whether you like him or not.

The only crime Miura has done is he stopped drawing him as a character and now makes him only a blob and nothing else.

That is fine. Most robots aren't made to have fun.

Why this newfags care a lot of the animation ? The episode was good get over it.

>tfw love Berserk too much not to suck the new anime's cock just because it's Berserk

I certainly didn't have high expectations but Jesus Christ, that guy moves like a fucking marionette.

>Why this newfags care a lot of the animation ? The episode was good get over it.
Because it is an animated medium, if the animation is bad it is a problem.
It would be like asking why people were mad if they went to a poorly filmed movie that didn't have good camera men, editing, or a director that knew what they were doing.
Without going into the host of other issues.

But the episode was really good, they have bad parts but there isn't like Dragon Ball Super Animation. When the animations is really thanks to Toei. But this CGI was fucking fantastic, the rape escene was top tier.

Puck was the only thing keeping Guts from losing his mind, friendo

>Why do you care about animation in an anime?

you think you guys have it bad?

Lost children/conviction was the apex of Miura's design imo. Guts in particular looks really good

Agreed.

That reminds me. Remember that soccer team whose plane crashed in the Andes in 1972?
It was a rugby team.

I WANT TO GO BACK

FUCK YOU BERENSTAIN

jesus fucking christ I don't want to see how they'll fuck up Berserker Armor scenes

CGI is fucking atrocious

>Remember that soccer team whose plane crashed in the Andes in 1972?
No?

I agree, he was really attractive

How come the animation in, say, Ping Pong only adds to it, but the animation quality of this takes away?

>being a cherry picker

yep he looked manly and was good looking while still looking youthful in some panels like that page, he jaw got way too bit later on and he looks 40. Though I guess that's the result of the berserker armor taking its toll on him.

If I were making a Berserk anime, I would thank God that no one had adapted Lost Children before since it is the best part of the manga

the more time goes in, the more I'm convinced we're living in the timeline where everything went wrong

If the OP is any indication of the quality of the series in general, I might just have to avoid watching it entirely. I didn't mind the Berserk movies where only heavy action scenes with armies were done like that, but if they're going to put horrible looking shit like OP in there for no reason, I don't want to have to deal with it.

Would still have some shitty cgi here and there, though.

>was

italics?

on 𝑀𝑌 Sup Forums?

[italic]It's more likely than you'd think.[/italic]

>all the budget went into the rape scene

The worst thing was that they made Casca look like she liked it

This is my issue as well. At some point Puck became a completely different character and started acting pretty differently too. I like Puck, but Chestnut Puck ruined his character.

The only question that remains is:
Was it better than nothing?

I want to kiss his fucking lips.

The worst part for me is that someone, probably even Miura, signed off on that shit.

They looked at that pile of dogshit and said "Yep, looks good enough to air."

I would have preferred nothing honestly.

>implying his most handsome panel wasn't in the Millenium Falcon arc

I'm sorry, sir, but this is the anime and manga board, and you appear to have posted a cutscene from a video game made in 2002.

So are the threads going to be a perpetual general based on whining? Why not drop it and just fuck off?

Yep, nothing is worse because this inevitably bombing will probably convince studios that Berserk isn't worth adapting. Also it will probably have the unintended effect of pushing people away from the manga and they might just think its shit.

>not enjoying a good whine
What are you, a child?

>it's all a nightmare
>someone clicked on the draft_v2 folder instead of final
>this is a low budget episode for some reason

I'll be on the ride until it ends, no reason to stop now after all the sailing. I honestly can't wait for the Budget Saving episode, it's going to put ReBoot s1 on a pedestal.

I still haven't bothered to watch it but didn't the Ace Attorney anime start off with loads of shit animation for the first couple episodes but end up looking fine after a bit?

There's always a possibility they redeem themselves in the same way. I doubt it though.

Gotta give anons a few days to catch up, friend.

At which point do we prepare the rope ?

>Whining about whining

>says the one whining like a child

>lol faggots CGI is the future
>it's so complex and precise unlike your QUALITY hand drawn dinosaur cell bullshit
>why can't you fags just embrace the future instead of insisting old anime was better like a bunch of basement dwelling nerds lol?

it looks like valkyria chronicles only shittier and made by people who have no fucking idea how to do cgi (characters are completely motionless statues when not actively moving, body doesn't move along with limbs, faces don't move the way they should)
jesus christ