>4-dimensional dempsey roll finally happened

PUNCH HARDER KID PUNCH HARDER

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bggK1a5EEE4
westbound3.proboards.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do you want to know how he did it?
YAMATO DAMASHI

Truly his muscles have become pure oxygen.

Still 35 years worth of fights to go at the current pace before Ippo is done fighting. I don't think George is going to live long enough.

Maybe Morikawa the Second will make sure he'll kiss Kumi before we die.

>be ippo
>fight till my muscles gets sore and have no oyygen left
>enemy punches so hard i fell exactly 1 cm above the floor
>while falling remember all the people supporting me
>remember training with sensei
>get up as i almost hit the floor with 5 mm space inbetween
>do super duper jet sounding air cracking sonic boom dempsey roll
>win match

>Fries rain all over the hall

>That's my Secret Coach
>I'm always Yamato Damashii
>*Elephant Noise*

>4-dimensional
This is brilliant, no wonder the coach is world renowned. How can a boxer block a punch that hits him before it was even thrown?

Up, down, left, right, forward, back

6 DIMENSIONS! Truly inspired.

up =-down
left = -right
forward = -back
thats 3 dimensions.

GLOVES FOLDED 1000x

Man, he's gonna need a lot of oxygen for that.

His muscles don't even hurt when he uses it, the only downside is he looks like a spastic when doing it

If he needs extra oxygen maybe he can replace his normal intake of h20 with h202.

At least he can teach yoga after he retires.

Remember that one time Ippo destroyed some guy just by doing basic 1-2s? That was fun, i barely even remember it anymore, probably because ti must have been over 500 fucking chapters ago.

Also that time he shat all over itagaki on the beach.

Ippo destroying Karasawa was great, too bad it was his last good fight and it happened years ago.

Now that Aokimura and Ippo seem to be ready for their final storylines, I'd hope Itagaki and Takamura get there soon too. I wonder what Morikawa plans to do with Takamura since there is really no reason for him to still be in the middleweight division if he really will conquer all the divisions up to the heavyweight

Never again

>that artwork
what the fuck happened

>literally JUST tier hair

He sacrificed the ability to draw muscles to gain the ability to draw french fries.

What if he fucks the reporter?

ippo has always been a cuck
the series really is how ippo is such a big fucking cuck that not even takamura coaching him into alphaness can fix it

I'm dying.

His artwork truly was on another level back then.

truly

I was literally choking.

The early art, especially for Kamogawa, looks hilarious now

so when did the gym suddenly become hardcore and make everybody leave? The early chapters had alot of members in the gym.

the french fries are my favourite part of this manga desu.

They moved on with their lives.

Man why does everyone shit on Scratch J?
Sure it wasn't Ippo vs Sendo or Ippo vs Karasawa or even Ippo vs Ryuhei
But it's still leagues better than his last two title defenses and his other 2 Intercontinental bouts, and better than a LOT of his forgettable bouts like against the Date copycat, Saeki, and the overhyped match with the pretty boy

The fight wwasn't even that bad.If you read it, you'd see Ippo actually dominating Scratch J.

It wasn't that bad, but the whole character was dumb and in the end served no purpose other than showing Ippo's dempsey uppercut which was then forgotten for 400 chapters.

I remember that during the fight people actually thought Ippo was going to kill him in the ring, heh

God damn, he reminds me of the asshole teacher in battle royale.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Kumagawa literally received the Part 7 Valentine treatment

I unironically love Hajime no Ippo

I really liked up until the fight between Itagaki and the speed star or whatever was his name, he had a ponytail. I mean, i didn't like Woli or that guy with the magic glove, but it was in that itagaki fight that i gave up hope.

It had some good moments since then, but ever since that fight i lost whatever "love" i had for the manga.

left = forward * i

Doesn't seem like its enough to stop Martinez from jabbing him to death.

And yet, Vorg had a tremendous fight.

So do I, it has good characters, the slice of life chapters are usually great and the fights used to be good too. It has gotten worse over time though, the pacing is terrible and I can't even remember what was the last good fight.

I think Ippo has three fights left in him, so the series might be closing to the end, but I really wonder what Morikawa is planning with Takamura.

That's some large balls.

We also had this, but still, that itagaki vs speedstar fight just killed me, it took like a million years and it was probably one of the most boring most stupid fights in the manga.

Fun fact, Kentaro Miura was working as an assistant to Morikawa up until around 1997. Miura left due to no longer being able to handle (at the time) weekly Berserk releases while also doing his job as an assistant. It was a while after this that the art really started to tank.

Itagaki getting his "Chronos" nickname was pretty tacky I admit. I understand that as you practice some things just one day click and you understand everything but the way he did it was kinda like it was one of those football manga/anime.

But I like having Itagaki as another promising boxer in the Kumagawa gym.

Ippo MUST get :getting back in the ring match,his rival match against Miyata, World title qualifying match, World title match itself and possibly an unofficial Itagaki match. I guess that makes it 4.5 must have matches.

Vorg is one of the best fighters in the series. He just has a bad habit of running into plot armor.

>Vorg asks Ippos mom to say "Spasibo"

;_;

Ippo is so shit but the boys are so god tier fuckable why this

It could very fast once Ippo gets his resolve back. THe whole Aokimura vs Marron fight seems like George trying very hard to make us forgot how shitty Kamogawa is, as a coach. All the "Coach Kamogawa never treats us like that etc." shit is completely transparent.

Who's the guy in the middle, i recognize Ippo, Sendo, Vorg and Itagaki.

Miyata?

Volg best boi

Dude it's Miyata

Yeah. Kumagawa does the same thing but not so bluntly and just tells them to train their muscles instead of straight up strategy.

I don't even remember him having spiky hair, i thought it was Itagaki's rival, what'shisface that sent him to hell.

I think the Itagaki match can be forgotten, it was teased but Imai humbled him and will most likely be his final opponent.

Four matches is possible, but I believe his match with Miyata will be a spar and the result is never shown.

Imai? Nah, I mean, I didn't recognize Miyata, but since you identified Ippo, Sendo and Vorg..

It's not really about practice. They have built Itagaki up as being naturally gifted, generational talent that was just starting to understand what he's capable of. The question is, why?

his world title qualifying match could be against Miyata since he's 7th(?) ranked in the world atm.

some people are just naturals I guess

What resolve? Once in awhile he sets a goal but for the most part he just does what people expect of him. He has no real desire to fight Martinez but is going that path because people want him to.

Early on, his motive was "FInd out what it means to be strong". He forgot about it. But he has,wether or not he had motivation before, to find something. Leave humanity in a sense. He's already well on his way since he is a kissless virgin and all..

Sendo will be his motivation, Martinez destroys him in their match and Ippo realizes his goal

Miyata should not stay in the featherweight division and his next match could be for a title, so I doubt it

Haven't read anything past the last season of the anime,except some random chapters once a while.
Can someone explain to me why this guy looks like a corpse?

He'll need more than that. Martinez already noted he eat boxers out for revenge for breakfast.

Who? Oh, it's because Marron is using him like a puppet.

Yea, but that was pointed out to be a vague as fuck goal with no real answer. The dude is just passive and its been its biggest flaw for years that they have tried to correct multiple times. I even remember the old man got pissed at him because Nao was showing more drive and determination than him.

Not to mention he tried to get the baton to Itagaki.

That's Kamogawa's fault for not actually coaching Ippo since he became Japan's champion.

This is one of my favorite anime ever, I refraind from reading the manga further in hopes that Madhouse will continue someday.
That said, why is everybody in this thread shitting on Ippo? Did the manga turn into complete shit sometimes after the events the anime covers? Is it already shit in the anime covered chapters already in your eyes? Because if it's the latter, you all have shit taste.

The anime hasn't even gotten to the start of the downward spiral.

Imagine if every fight was as bad as Ippo v puke-kouhai.

Where did the anime end? If it was around the Takamura vs Eagle fight, the series will go downhill from there. Only couple of good fights in the 600 chapters the anime hasnt covered

It ended with a Kamogawa flashback arc.

PUNCH OF HEALING!
NEVER MIND THAT HE'S ENDED MORE CAREERS THAN MASHIBA

Oh, right. That shit was great, though in the manga it happened earlier, right after the Hawk match

Ippo's showing signs of being punch dunk right. So is he going to die in the end like Joe or just Yamato dashii away the brain damage.

That punch though.

youtube.com/watch?v=bggK1a5EEE4

Best punch in the history of anything.

Opponent has a perfect guard? Punch him from a direction he didn't even know existed.

I see, thanks for the heads up. It's kind of disappointing to hear, but that may also explain why Madhouse isn't in a hurry to to proceed with the adaptation.

I think you mean break down the perfect guard by punching it more until it stops being perfect.

The flashback was moved further back though, to after the Eagle fight.
In the manga it's after the Hawk fight.

Yes.
I really enjoyed the anime too by far one of the best sports anime I've seen and got really hooked and went to read the manga.
But then you slowly start to realize how unbelievably painful the pacing is and how utterly predictable every outcome of every fight is. The anime was a bit predictable too but nothing you couldn't brush of easily, but as the series progresses you can literally guess every little thing.
Then you have tons of inconsistency in the characters and on what he tries portray, and the absolute Naruto tier yamato damashi shit and asspull powers etc, again there was already a bit of nakama power in the anime but nothing compared to now.

All of these things by themselves don't make it bad but when it all starts pilling up more and more combined with having to deal with them through the unbearable pacing it gets hard to enjoy.
Honestly I'll keep reading this because HNI is kinda special to me and it's not that bad that I'd want to drop it, but it's nowhere near as what it was for me, the only things that still make it truly fun for me are the rare SoL chapters of the gang doing stupid shit, and even that is getting worse.

Oh fuck my sides

>fucking the reporter
>not fucking the doctor/masseuse

Underrated. He actually probably needs some SO4 in his H2 to truly unlock his potential.
>family of chemists

look up how many adaptations madhouse as done then look up how many second seasons they have

this should be common knowledge to anyone on Sup Forums

>even that is getting worse.
There's still very golden moments.

>people still giving fuck about this shit series

Dropped this shit hard at stupid wollly saga.

Ditto but the complete mishandling of Aoki and Kimura is criminal, Takamura has been spinning his wheels for YEARS and Ippo has had some real fucking still stinkers.

Last truly fun Ippo fight was vs the Magician IMO, which was also a lot of fun art and jokes.

I enjoy most of the low tiet fights but Wolly was the first time I felt ripped off. Literally 20 chapters of nothing happening and then a fucking "oh he tapped me there goes half my life's breath" win.

>Fun fact, Kentaro Miura was working as an assistant to Morikawa up until around 1997. Miura left due to no longer being able to handle (at the time) weekly Berserk releases while also doing his job as an assistant. It was a while after this that the art really started to tank.

Miura was only an assistant for Morikawa for roughly a year, in 1988, after putting out the Berserk prototype. From 1989 onward he worked on Berserk as an actual series, the same year Hajime no Ippo started.

Magician was fucking horrible.
>lol my gloves extend 5 cm

The stand off one punch KO was best.
>literally nothing happening with good art
That's when the series got good again.

I'm a sucker or "opponent outsmarts guy renowned for his determination" set ups. And the comedy was on point.

Maybe not the best pure fight but fun enough. The glove thing was just an extension of mind games and making Ippo tilt.

I believe Aokimura are going to enjoy some spotlight soon, even if Kimura does retire. I agree on Takamura though, I don't understand why Bison wasnt a champion in an upper weight class

I thought the magician fight was a mess, but that is because Morikawa has been terrible at pacing the fights lately. 25 chapters is way too much especially for an Ippo match

>I don't understand why Bison wasnt a champion in an upper weight class

Because there had to be something to justify all those joke matches Takamura was having, when the theme was that he wasn't taking shit seriously.

Also, since we were already given that tease about Vorg literally being in line for a unification match, in the future, since everyone in America was ducking him, it makes since that Morikawa made Takamura a unified champ first.

>Magician was fucking horrible.

Truth. But I like that Morikawa actually touched on the prospect of fixed fights with Gedo. Also, dat Heart-Break Hook from Ippo was hype as fuck.

The actual match was shit, but the fact that it was literally due to Aoki that Ippo won redeems the match more than that shitfest that was Woli.

Around which chapter was this?

Did Dynamite Glove ever come back up?

>Did Dynamite Glove ever come back up?

No. But I believe they moved to proboards temporary.

westbound3.proboards.com/ I don't think they'll ever get DG back up, but I believe the guy who provides the Hajime no Ippo RAWs and translations, whenever MS falls behind posts here.