Rewatching this and realizing there are so many references I didn't get the first time because they weren't animated...

Rewatching this and realizing there are so many references I didn't get the first time because they weren't animated yet.

This shit was cutting edge.

inb4 secondary

Uh, like what? Most of the references I recalled was to things like old mecha anime, Kamen Rider, and Super Robot Wars. Was there really that much references to non-animed manga stuff?

niwaka

At one point Nyarko says, "Is it wrong to look for encounters in a dungeon?" in reference to DanMachi.

I remember seeing more but I'm on the spot and it's not like I'm writing this shit down.

>Ah! from Azumanga Daioh on the phone.

Well shit.

shitty meme show, fuck off

Didn't even fucking see that, I just chose a picture. Double fuck.

So..

You like it right?

>all that Kamen Rider references

how did people watch this with that shitty male love interest?

genuine question, he was literally anti-fun. like, the show provided great opportunity and promise, then they deliberately made him ruin it every time.

Because that's funny?

NO!

Are you being tsundere towards an anime show?

>tfw no 4k S3

They actually showed the cover for the DanMachi LN in one of the episodes as well, they were in a book store or some shit

No I actually just dislike it.

You seek out discussions of the show, lurk the threads, all the while maintaining that it's not because you like it.

I didn't get any of the references and I still enjoyed the show.

I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion and I will respectfully disagree with it.

There's a blog that lists all of the references, forget what it is though.

I believe there were 20-30 per episode

Reference humor isn't funny when it's all about randomly shouting obscure Power Rangers and Transformers character names that literally nobody gives a shit about. That and the overused running gags turned Nyaruko into absolute shit despite the good premise and all the budget and stealth marketing that went into it. They should have cut down on the harem antics, make references that actually matter to anime viewers (Gintama is a good example of how to do references right. More shounen and classics, less LN and mecha shit), and have an actual plot with serious fights against other Lovecraftian monsters.

Most mecha is shounen.

>Citing shitty mechas but not JoJo
Pleb.

Nobody gives a damn about the name of fodder mecha #3423543463 in Voltrondamzinger Turn-Z Rangers (1979 remaster), especially not if they're just used as lolrandumxD shouts. References need to be about stuff the audience actually cares about, like DBZ, HnK and so on. There were good references now and then like the Sailor Mercury seiyuu joke or the Pokemon/Digimon references, but most of the time, the show was being needlessly and pretentiously esoteric just for the hell of it.

This was my first harem anime so I actually liked that aspect

>first harem anime
>not seto no hanayome
end your life

>obscure
Maybe for us.

Are you low key recommending this anime to me?

>when it's all about randomly shouting obscure Power Rangers and Transformers character names that literally nobody gives a shit about
>References need to be about stuff the audience actually cares about, like DBZ, HnK and so on.

So, you expect an adaptation of a japanese work aimed at japanese people to quote the stuff YOU think it's not obscure?

You're an imbecile, and the vast majority of the references are mainstream stuff in Japan and arguably here too, if you're an underage retard who can't even get something like Wild Arms 2 or FFL/SaGa references or classic 70's anime references then you have no right to judge that work, you're just an ignorant pleb who needs to shut the fuck up.

So basically you're just mad that the show didn't conform to your pleb tastes. That's actually pathetic

You think Sup Forums is opposed to recommending anime?

So is that a yes or a no?

I'm not that guy.
But when people namedrop something with the implication that you should know it, why not just check it out?

Imagine watching Nyaruko without knowledge of Kamen Rider and expecting to get any more than 50% of the jokes at most.

Basically what happened to me. I didn't get a single reference in that anime.

>seto no hanayome
>not Tenchi Muyo
>not Love Hina
How's it like to be a newfag?

>Japanese media should only reference shows that aired on Toonami in America

>If I don't like it is shit.

With things like this every few seconds, I can't even imagine how dull this show must be to your average pleb with no taste and power level like .