Sup Forums will never be as comfy as it was in 2008

>Sup Forums will never be as comfy as it was in 2008

Irony has ruined Sup Forums

>the internet will never be good again

Forks don't fit into power outlets, Natsume.

That's a weird way to spell popularity.

>2010 was 6 years ago

>2008
I liked the fun of 2007 better to be honest.

If it suddenly was 2008 again, everyone would hate it.

2009 was cool too.

>2008 was 26 years ago

Now I don't want to sound like a hipster but 2009 was the peak of Sup Forums for me. Something to do with seacat Funposting, talk to Alice threads and lanced jack.

Sup Forums was never good

They go hand in hand

>There are people on Sup Forums right now that were born after Sup Forums.
Though I like to think they rarely venture outside of Sup Forums, Sup Forums and /s4s/ or whatever the current containment boards are. Yet.

Pretty much this.

Now fuck off with this garbage metathread.

I miss sheldon

>Implying Sup Forums wasn't at its peak during 2011 accelspam.

I just filter the word "shit", suddenly the whole board is unreadable.

Fuck no! He was the 2nd biggest faggot right after daiz

What will it take to bring him back? Season 3?

2014 was the best year

>implying Sup Forums isn't at it's peak right now because of the fact I post here

>lanced jack
hory sheet

I'm actually convinced that almost everybody's favorite era would be 1-2 years after they first found the site, when they had fully acclimatized to it and felt comfortable with how it worked.

>tfw Sup Forums and Sup Forums used to make OC together

A-Anyone got those God Hand edits?

2014 was actually pretty fun until around August for whatever reason

this desu fampai

Maybe until the late summer to fall. All the shit that happened on Sup Forums and Sup Forums made the internet more shitter than ever.

I'm pretty sure that's Russia from Hetalia. Don't slander my otouto like this.

Well, shit.
Now I need to figure out what to do with the image in my folder. I don't even have a Hetalia folder to move it to. Do I delete it?

Nah man. Objectively the best years of Sup Forums was when it was big enough to have multiple boards populated with their own little subcultures but small enough to have its own massive sitewide culture that allows said subcultures to interact with each other without much hitch.

Hilariously enough, this actually applies to the internet back then too.

So, how long after your initiation to Sup Forums was that?

Move it to reaction images and save it for when you want to indicate a longing for death.

What exactly happened on Sup Forums and Sup Forums? The feminist thing and celebritiy leak?

That's an idea.

The Fappening. This decade's Chanology. Brought in waaaay too many newfags /and/ almost bankrupted the site.

Cheers for answering my question. All the buzzwords, internet celebrities who benefited from this shit and newfags aren't even limited to Sup Forums. The heavier prominence of Sup Forums probably lead to"ironic" humour being kinda OK to repetitive dogshit.

Are you the same user who thinks irony led to Sup Forums's demise? The concept of "ironic shitposting" didn't originate in late 2014.

>le
You're not fucking french mate, step it up sempai.

But the excuse of ironic shitposting and the subsequent death of self-moderation originated there.

I wanted to kill myself in 2008.

[cont]
When I speak of death of self-moderation I should also say that there has been an amazing improvement on that front. We're almost back on track.

No but I don't entirely disagree. I'm not saying ironic shitposting started in 2014. I'm saying that prior to that, internet ironic was less repetitive and derivative, more creative and more appealing to myself and anons who are more liked minded. I know the last part sounds pretty pretentious, my apologies.

Sup Forums was on the steady decline balls-deep into shit for many years beforehand. Many people people argue that Sup Forums has been irredeemable shit since 2009/2010. It's not as if 2014 was THE kickstarter year where everything that could go wrong went wrong. Yeah, sure, the Fappening didn't help but things were in bad shape way before then.

just return /jp/ back to Sup Forums and it will be just like 2008 Sup Forums

and remove the actual girls posting on Sup Forums pretending to be guys, what the fuck

>Many people people argue
Many people have argued that since the fucking beginning.
You are just picking a point and taking one particular voice out out an ocean of complaints as evidence.

>just return /jp/ back to Sup Forums and it will be just like 2008 Sup Forums
You want JAVs and 3DPD Idolshit generals on Sup Forums?

Oh great. It's this episode again.

It's a fairly-repeated consensus, to a degree. For the record, I don't personally buy into the whole "Sup Forums was shit from the beginning" argument. Besides, you're doing the exact same thing as 'evidence', and to be fair, this is the first time I've ever seen somebody claim that 2014 was the boiling point. Sounds fishy.

I for one am glad we don't have the eks dee pissed my pants pasta posting anymore

Why do you think you're watching TV? This is Sup Forums. On the internet.

>It's a fairly-repeated consensus,
Not to my knowledge.
Sup Forums usually speaks of the great increase in traffic that happened with Code Geass as the start of shit, or 2013 when the grammar nazis lost the war.

What's wrong? Don't you like it when people think they're knowledgeable and believe that their opinion matters?

My point is 2014 is the irredeemable shit of the irredeemable shit. The year made more waves on the internet and the mainstream media more than ever. I think the only comparable events are Chanology and Clinton's emails.

That being said the irredeemable point varies for different people. The late 2000s and earlier 2010s were a weird but enjoyable time on the internet for me with the late 2000s being the better of the two.
Sup Forums pls go and stay go

∧_∧   ┌────────────
       ◯( ´∀` )◯ < 僕は、神山満月ちゃん!
        \    /  └────────────
       _/ __ \_
      (_/   \_)

2008 was quite horrible, because it was dominated by Code Geass R2 cancer.

Fuck off already.

>being this new

I've only been here for two years, anyone wanna tell me a story about what it was like back in the good old days?

Like today, just different.

The fappening was so retarded

And I heard about some Sup Forumstard posting a live thread of him murdering someone or something

what the fuck has this site come to

Is that the bitch from Love live?

But 2007 was the true oldfag year.

>bitch

Rude

"Cunt" then.

First it was funny, then it was [redacted], then it was comfy, then it was cancer and now it's kind of decent but overall meh.

>And I heard about some Sup Forumstard posting a live thread of him murdering someone or something
The guy made a thread on Sup Forums about strangling a woman and needing to leave before her son came home, and then posted photos of the woman. Not even the first time a death thread like that has occurred either.

>comfy
What does this word even imply?

Yeah that's fucking retarded the fact that someone does shit like that on this website just baffles me completely, then I realise how far Sup Forums strays from any of the other boards

Sup Forums has never been a very ruly board.

>the fact that someone does shit like that on this website just baffles me completely
Sup Forums is the largest website on the internet that retains any semblance of 'free speech'. Honestly, it 'baffles' me how so many people do not realize this.

You're lucky there's only been one episode and I only have two pictures of Ruby. I'd post a pretty mean-looking reaction face at you if I had one.

Ruby is dumb, ruby is a whore, ruby is a slut and no one likes her.

meant to quote .

IIRC, Jeff the Killer was a photoshop. Some guy posted his sister on Sup Forums way back, saying she had some mental issues and Sup Forums bullied her, I guess. Her mental instability led her to an hero. Pretty fucked. There's also the 2013 failed suicide livestream.

I don't think "Jeff the Killer" is what I'm referring to as I've never heard that term before.

not anime nor manga

You gotta be a giant newfag to think tthat

there are lots of other websites out there that are fucked up

and Sup Forums does not have free speech because u get banned for saying retarded shit and trolling

Killing people is just plain wrong and far beyond the realm of trolling autists with down syndrome or skullfucking

if you're some sort of modern Sup Forumstard, i'd advise you to off yourself, and do it quickly

>u
Stop writing like an imbecile.

Don't respond to it.

Nah, I don't mean that's the specific Sup Forums related death since there has been a few. Jeff the Killer is a screamer creepypasta story with some notoriety and was probably written by a 14 year old. I believe he's the anne.jpg face too but I don't remember the contents of that screamer.

Fucking exactly. Korean shit is not anime and manga and yet mods allow it.

real rich coming from a Sup Forums apologist

bet ya came here from /r/Sup Forums dumb cunt

ITSUDEMO I LOVE YOU

>I don't mean that's the specific Sup Forums related death
Ah gotcha.

I'd post the one I'm talking about but I don't have it saved. It actually gets posted on /x/ fairly often too.

First of all: your formating sucks. He also said the largest site not the only one. You are also stupid and a roody poo.
There was also the guy who told us where his murder victim was buried and the guy who accidently killed himself with a nade after Sup Forums told him to use it to blow up a toilet. And several suicides and stuff like that besides. Many people that go on here are not mentally well.

ok i guess i shouldnt have attacked that and just formed my argument on the basis that Sup Forums doesn't have free speech

Back when memes weren't just for reddit and facebook.

It was nice how the posting could be 100% more retarded than now, but in a funny way. And at the same time you could find a thread with discussion that wasn't subject to the inane shitposting and dumb comments of Sup Forums today.

Too bad the internet was shit post 2010..

Got any details?
Shit, I remember the nade guy. Wasn't he just a teenager too? Fuck, what year was that? 09 or something, right?

I think I have what you mean but I'm not going to post it because I'm pretty sure it's banworthy.

>2008 WAS 20 YEARS AGO

the problem is the internet takes itself too seriously now

or you could blame it on hollywood and the media or whatever for making it less acceptable to have goofy fun

Not much more than what I described. It was fairly recent, I wanna say maybe 2012/2013... maaaaybe 2014.

Why would it be? It's a thread screencap. Are you new? Serious question. Shit is posted all the time elsewhere.

I weep for Kusanagi and his dream of no generals every day.
Killed by ponyfags.

people are too stupid now to be able to recognize satire,
you'll act like a buffoon and actual buffoon come in and think they are in good company.

Enjoy your ban

The main problem is it's too regulated and monitored, the wrong kind of people have actually leanred a little about it with the passage of time where before, I'm talking late 90s early 00s, computers were for people in their 20s and 30s. There's also too many normalfags on the internet now with all the social media shit and places like reddit, used to be a higher ratio of weirdos, and the normalfags just used MSN for a few hours after school.

Back then manga didn't get taken down, the government didn't control shit so tightly etc. It's kind of a overly dramatic comparison but it was sort of like the wild west and now for the last few years we've been in the final closing of the frontier phase. From here on in it's going to get a lot worse.

Sometimes the internet isn't serious enough. I've made posts about shitty ironic memes itt so I won't repeat them but I understand you in wanting the goofy old school kind of fun.
Did it involve a cave? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.