So I'm three episodes into Ergo Proxy and so far it's been decently entertaining in spite of the preachiness and mildly...

So I'm three episodes into Ergo Proxy and so far it's been decently entertaining in spite of the preachiness and mildly annoying characters.
I mean at least it's got that cybergoth aesthetic and a very polished (if a little obnoxious) realization, which is more than can be said of SAC.

So when does it all go to shit? I did your "three episodes rule" thing and so far I'm liking it, they did drop "raison d'ĂȘtre" at the end of the third episode but other than that, there's no reason for me to foresee anything particularly dumb. In fact some of the plot twists are already foreseeable.

Is it worth investing more of my time (which I could be spending masturbating or getting drunk)?

bump

out

It turns pseudo-episodic mid way through and these eps are hit or miss. And some are outright episodic. These contain both the best and the worst episode in the series.
Quality of the ending is debatable and there is no consensus.

Characters improve vastly throughout the series. Character development etc. Less of a bitch, growing manlier, more cute, hamfisted crazy etc.

>filename

it's a meme you dip
it's Sup Forums's equivalent of "everyday until you like it".

Why would random Sup Forumsnon would know about it faggot?
>browsing other boards

I had a good laugh though.

wait for dome of the week

jeez i miss these kind of shows where every episode have a quirk

>it's Sup Forums's equivalent of "everyday until you like it".
That would be skrillex/brostep.

that one eventually died out, not "does Sup Forums like death metal?"

Ergo Proxy is one of the few shows where I genuinely enjoyed the second viewing of it much more than the first.

Either because I actually understood some of the bizarre foreshadowing, or I got used to some of the more disjointed storytelling.

Proxy was shit.

By the time the show kicks off, it just becomes worthless, before you know it, the entire show is carried by one character (namely the Fruude Rika lookalike, Pikolo).

RIP in peace manglobe

>So when does it all go to shit?

In my worthless opinion it doesn't, it just doesn't make any sense at the end

what was this show again?

some bitch is almost murdered by robots and then gets kicked out of the utopia to live on the ground, meets villagers that get raided by her ex-utopia, she travels the ground and finds other cities that failed and then aliens come by at the end to wipe out the human race from a dying planet?

Reminder that SAC is overrated and surface

at least it had a story that made sense

It all starts to go to shit when the main characters go on that roadtrip. They never really get back from that roadtrip now that I think about it.

I'm sorry you're so dumb, user.

yes it was enjoyable but it wasn't deep

please explain to me what i missed in SAC

Qt goth with chunky thighs and a gay robot best friend going on adventures with her Asian boyfriend

raison d'etre

It actually starts getting very interesting once they're out of Romdeau.

Vince and Re-L get some suprisingly solid character development and the atmosphere only improves.
But then there's a game show around episode 15, and some episodes that are so confusingly written it's like you're watching memento backwards.

Keep going, it's worth it, just be aware that if things are sounding a little too preachy and silly, that it's not you, it's mid-2000s-teacup-philosophy.

>So when does it all go to shit?
When Ben Moody leaves.

so why is Kiri the best anime opening song ever?