Why is the idea of evolution so difficult to grasp for so many Christians?

why is the idea of evolution so difficult to grasp for so many Christians?
Life began as a very rudimentary thing. The small bacterial life swimming around in the ocean would need to be strong to survive. So the ones with beneficial genetic mutations pass on their genes. Eventually fish are born, fish evolve to be able to navigate the land and eat the healthy plants on the surface of the Earth. They inevitably grow legs and start walking and eventually we even get hands. This is just what humans are. We're basic creatures with the same life cycle as any other life form whether it be found under a microscope or as big as an elephant. We all eat, we reproduce to create more life, and we socialize with others of our kind to ensure secure healthy growth and help others of our species because that's just what life is. Look at pic related. It has legs and shit and despite being literal bacteria. Evolution exist to give us legs to walk and hands to grab shit with and then it's time to create civilization and forget our origins as living things
Also: maybe God created evolution?
Why is this such a far fetched idea?

Reminder that evolution only occurs due to premature death of weaker individuals.

Also that's a virus, not a bacteria. the protein coat is a single crystal, that's one way to tell.

Did this derka-derka really say that?

That virus thingy looks cool, looks very artificial like aliums made it or something.

i love the icosahedral coat on that badass bacteriophage

How do you think a fucking sponge got a pineapple? They're sessile organisms man.

Why did fish develop the ability to go onto land? Why wouldn't the water just be good enough for them. Why do some species evolve to go onto land and others didn't? Why did species that evolved to go onto land lose the ability to survive in water as well? Why doesn't every species evolve to be the apex predator or evolve abilities to make them 100% safe to predators?

Why is there something instead of nothing?
Can you explain the gravitational constant?
Why did matter animate? Why did molecules form rudimentary life?
In what way does knowledge of the workings of the universe disprove a creator?

Honest questions seeking honest answers

no evidence or little evidence of you know dino's in to chickens or whatever.

sure bacteria become diff bacteria, and virii mutate as do cells

but the evolutionary tree of life, has to many missing links or quit the other way hardly any links

you find like a diplodocus or whatever and a crab a etc, no or few intermediately forms.

no pro god or anti evolution

but evolution of the species has a lot of really really big holes

honestly the more i see and think about it it looks like there was a lot of specific design both good and crappy going on. So yeah aliens did it.

I literally said why in the OP
plants are healthy and have lots of vitamins so it would be beneficial to eat them

people need more that we are just meat bags machines.

Fish that can go on land have better access to food and can travel between water sources, increasing survivability.

There is a fish alive that can do this, google mudskipper

>why doesn't every species become an apex predator
Because food chains don't work like that
>evolve abilities to make themselves 100% safe to predators
Because the predators are evolving at the same time to be more efficient

Fossils represent like 0.0001% of anything that lived. Believe it or not but bones rot, and fossils only form in a specific environment that allows them to literally be replaced by stone deposits. Fossils are made of stone.

Not just mudskippers but penguins can fly underwater supposedly so that makes them semi aquatic too

3 billion years ago, a stew of inorganic chemicals spontaneously underwent unfavorable chemical reactions to form high concentrations amino acids and nucleotides, and then these monomers spontaneously polymerized (which we have never observed under any conditions) to form a highly complicated set of auto-catalyzing enzymes which were then enveloped by a nearby lipid bubble. This bubble of enzymes then continued to encounter enough organic molecules which could not have existed in meaningful concentration to allow it to somehow continue to repair and duplicate itself faster than than it would be degraded in a primordial stew of hot sulfurous salt water.

The odds of this happening anywhere over the entire history of the universe are unfathomably low.

>Why is there something instead of nothing?
I would say given an infinite amount of time (though the concept of "time" may not have existed before the universe) that something was eventually going to pop up.

>Can you explain the gravitational constant?
What do you want to know specifically? Large amounts of mass create curvature in space time, which results in "gravity".

>Why did matter animate? Why did molecules form rudimentary life?
Given billions of years since the start of the universe, and quadrillions of planets, it's not so farfetched to say that it happened coincidentally at least once.

>In what way does knowledge of the workings of the universe disprove a creator?
I think it's more to do with the fact that as science discovers more and more, "god did it" is becoming less and less. There's a pattern, eventually science will be at the point where there will never be a "god did it" answer needed, however far off in the future that might be.

>Given billions of years since the start of the universe, and quadrillions of planets, it's not so farfetched to say that it happened coincidentally at least once.
Yes it is, you'd have a better chance of falling through the molecules of your chair due to quantum coincidence by the time you finish reading this sentence

I hope this is bait for your sake.

because it is illogical and not observed that one tyrpe of animal could magically just mutate into another thing. mutations damage the genome and are completely random. it would take generations of inbreeding to lead inferior population to extinction while your "evolved" bloodline survives. a bacteria cant turn into a fish. nor cant a fish turn into an amphibian-dino-mammal-monkey-human

>Yes it is, you'd have a better chance of falling through the molecules of your chair due to quantum coincidence by the time you finish reading this sentence

Have you got numbers to back up your claim? I have at least one example of life evolving, but I have never heard of anyone or anything falling through something through quantum coincidence

Why do females and males exist? Wouldnt it be more logical from an evolutionary standpoint to be one entitiy like bacteria

Our sperm is basically the bacteria.

>literal dildospider

0.0001% x 100 000 000 000 000 of animals/plants etc

= still millions should be seen

we get like 1 sort of bird reptile thing. nope.jpg

"live evolving" is not abiogenesis, which you do not have an example of because it has never been observed, nor have the most fundamental aspects of it been observed, other than "organic monomers can form without enzymes"

Every time I look at a picture of that virus I feel like I'm looking at a machine and not an organism.

Because real life isnt Monster hunter dipshit

>Why do females and males exist?
Introduces genetic variation a lot faster than cloning yourself and hoping for good mutations.

>because it has never been observed
So because technology that can actually get to the bottom of this has only existed for, I'm guessing around 20-30 years, and hasn't figured it out yet - the chances must be lower than coincidentally quantum phasing through a macroscopic object?

What are your alternative claims as to how life came to be billions of years ago, if these claims are so crazy?

Do you really believe God just went "SHAZAAM" and then life popped into existence?

Sexual reproduction in big mammals really slow the evolutionist process, though.

We don't even know the shape of our earth, we get told it's spherical but it does not add up to observation. We get told so much believing it blindly.

>despite being literal bacteria

>Why did fish develop the ability to go onto land?
Mutations.

>Why wouldn't the water just be good enough for them.
There is no "good enough" in evolution.

Don't lump American "christians" (jews) with Catholics and Orthodox, or even European Protestants
Nobody in Europe negates Evolution
Here in Poland, a very religious Christian country, evolution is taught in schools and nobody even would think otherwise

>be asexual bacteria
>one day, after asexytimes, new me was different
>new me was boy
>tfw no gf

As opposed to what alternative?

>I would say given an infinite amount of time that something was eventually going to pop up.
What on earth would possess you to think this? How can time exist independent of matter?
>curvature in space time
Explain what you mean by this in your own words

> be prey
> try evolve to become apex predator
> your predator evolves concurrently to still hunt you
Species have changed roles over millennia

Evolution is "change through time with heritability" according to biologist Giuseppe Longo.
If evolution doesn't exist, every human born is a clone of one and only one of their parents.
There are no other options.

How do you do fellow viruses?

>we haven't found intermediary fossils, therefore evolution is a lie
Arguably the most self-defeating argument against evolutionary theory.

If life does not evolve, then it follows that all currently living species have lived on Earth since life first appeared (or that it was brought to Earth from elsewhere).
This would imply that large mammals (like humans and bears) would have lived alongside dinosaurs.
Now tell me, how many human-like and panda-like fossils are found next to triceratops?

>How can time exist independent of matter?
You're asking the wrong question, time can't exist independent of space.

>Explain what you mean by this in your own words
Everything in the universe slightly bends the fabric of space-time around it. The more mass something has, the more of an impact it has. I'm not sure what kind of answer you're looking for, try /sci/ if you want the mathematical nitty gritty.