Is this the most unlikable protagonist ever created?

is this the most unlikable protagonist ever created?

Nice boat.

he's a great character
finally a different protagonist...

Sure he's a great character, doesnt stop him from being a giant prick.

Makoto was a fucking boss.

he hasn't hit the bottom yet

How can you hate our little dark lord in training?

Why doesn't he have the wrinkles near his eyes?

>is basically useless
>"i can do this! only i can protect her"

delusional white knight faggot

He's not exactly wrong, but he's still insane. His idea of protection is to just keep dying until he gets it right.

That's not really his idea, it's just the only method he has.

Yes

He's the embodiment off all of Sup Forums and /r9k/.

People should embrace their true colors and realize they are no better than him

Hes a mirror Sup Forums, you are him but IRL, no retries only despair

That's why self-insert fags hate him. He's a failure and hits too close to home.

The worst part is these faggots claim to have passable taste and know SAO is the 10s equivalent of Mars of Destruction

Hes the hero Sup Forums needs like the author of TWGOK and his NEET rehab ending

He's a dirty hikkimori without any social skill. That,s why the witch chose him to do her biddings.

I thought self-inserting was a myth?

The MC is the worst MC I've ever seen in a show as far as i remember.
While he recognizes the world he was "summoned to" as a "parallel world", he constantly treats it like a video game, and he belittles the other people living in it, calling them NPCs and such, despite having no evidence it's a game.
He has suffered pain, and there are things he takes seriously about the world, but then he has 0 care for how others view him.
He is also rather dumb, as it took him awhile to figure out something that was made immediately obvious to the viewer. With countless signs, it still took him forever to pick up on things.
As mentioned in the first part of story, he is given 0 past in his real world, so his character feels rather empty.

I usually hate male protags they're annoying and horrible but I like Subaru desu.

Granted I've only seen 4 episodes. But he's one of my favourite male protags.

10/10 anime, would watch for an eternity

Reddit plz

He makes it through his loops fairly quickly anyone else would still be grinding or they'd just leave after the first arc.

He's a god-tier MC, I'd rather have a 1000 Subaru's than yet another generic bland MC with the personality of cardboard.

This fag.

Actually yes, I fucking hate him and maybe because how real his emotions are.

what's wrong with staying in one loop and grinding
in this episode, when he said "I know what to do," I thought he would finally man up, train swordfighting really hard every day, then kill himself, repeat 100 times, become a master knight, then kick ass.
Instead, he goes off acting like a retard once again.

Then where would the conflict come from?

If Subaru became Kirito 2.0 how would you keep putting him into dangerous positions and not resort to powerlevel faggotry? Subaru being powerless, and not some powergamer, is what makes Re:zero so fucking good.

This so much.

It's a waste of time, he could have spent a few hundred loops working out how to 1v1 Elsa in a single night but getting someone to start training him before the loops end point would take forever.
There are tons of characters who are stronger than he can hope to become without being evil, he should just keep doing what he has done and gain powerful allies.
Swords skill and debuff magic can only take you so far when you're up against bullshit like the whale or working out a dog is cursing everyone.