youtube.com/watch?v=zi0ptN0yAOk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DELETE THIS

what the fuck

I don't like this.

>CGI manga
Like Gantz?

blame Sup Forums

I still remember that user post that said that only manga will be safe from it LMAO.
Rip anime/manga. Everything will be crapier and you know it.

This manga has no drawn pages it is a 100% CG.

Gantz looked perfect though

This should not be allowed.

Fucking america.

I wonder why the author is doing this his art is pretty nice.
The author/artist is the guy who made Ichi the killer and Homunculus btw.

that's just offensively sad. I would be more okay with it if it was some amateur but if it's already an established artist... fuck life.

Hope this isn't a trend starter.

Don't blame us, we had Warmachine 2.0 to fucking warn EVERYONE not to do this.

Gantz looked like absolute shit.

They should've removed the shading and just used the outlines.

Somehow it's always the shading that gives it way.

Why would this shit be a trendstarter? He writes crazy semi-countercultural shit for the same magazine that lets Hanazawa's lazy-as-hell photo editing pass muster - this isn't some WSJ mangaka breaking into the mainstream with it.

in 10 year you will see more and more like that
just like anime
that cheap and take almost no time to make.

enjoy these cheap shit

>Ichi the killer and Homunculus

WHAT

Drawing is hard.

I HATE THIS

In Gantz they used Poser for the general layout and poses, but it was hand draw.

This. It's kind of the obvious place for this kind of thing to turn up, I don't get why and are so surprised.

o i am laffin

Looks like something youd find on deviantart
Jesus christ

What in the fuck?

I remember someone storytiming this once. You don't know true suffering until you've read this comic.

It's like those beginners tutorials for 3DS max.

Explain pls. I only know Rob Liefield when it comes to american comic fuckups.

It's basically just an incredibly shitty, completely CG War Machine comic. I can't remember at all who worked on it, just that it was abominable.

Liefeld is bad, but most of what he shits out he draws himself.

If Gantz looked like absolute shit I want to know what the fuck this is supposed to be.

God this was a high quality manga

which ps1 game is this

They are literally asking for a third nuke.

>zero one manga
Holy shit that was hilarious. However you should note that the actual manga stuff is all hand drawn still, those pictures are from the actual virtual reality game people play. To some extent that bad CG is justified because that's what some shitty commercialized game in that world could well have looked like. He wasn't trying to actually make the whole manga that way, it was a stylistic choice even if it was pretty laughable. Same old glorious tits everywhere else.

What is giganigga suppossed to be doing?

It was still bad but he wasn't trying to substitute for hand drawn so it's still better then that shit in op.

Is it 1995?
youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc

I don't see the problem

For a game in a manga set in the future it sure looks like a game from the 90s.

No, it was 1998 I think or maybe 99, but it was just one random guy. IIRC back then the height of my CGI was Poser, Bryce, and I had just barely gotten started messing around with Lightwave 3D but the learning curve on that was pretty high. Back then rendering took forever too, I remember rendering a 3 minute CG movie for a school production and it took me like 4 days or something.

Frankly that looks about right for 98/99 for a amateur. UT '99 & Q3 were state-of-the-art for real time.

Yeah, and if you go back and watch the original series of Star Trek stuff set centuries in the future looks primitive and shitty. What a fucking shock. He was a manga guy doing this himself in the 90s, what do you expect from him.

Also in all seriousness given the abominations of "retro" "pixel art" that indies have visited upon us all I would not be at all surprised if at some point some asshole dev releases a new title specifically made to look like ancient poser garbage and gets praised for his "daring retro post-gaming modernism" or something. Just you wait.

>people shitting about bad examples of 3dcg

Grown up people, it will get better with time. Get on with the times grandpa

Why cant gooks do anything right?

Gantz looked fantastic until he went full retard in the final arcs. He only used the CGI as reference for the monsters back in the day.

>that perspective
>that cell shading
In their defense translating this shit to a 2d anime would be a nightmare.

CGI in anime currently looks like shit, and it will continue to do so for many more years. Until it becomes palatable, I don't see why anyone would down that shit unless they were an imbecile like yourself.

So your option is to keep doing the old way over and over until it becomes too expensive to produce or all the people that do it are dead or retired? Nice way to kill your hobby

Dude 2d isn't dying, it's still thriving given how digital completely replaces traditional.

What the fuck

It's either the QUALITY VAN or CGI, pick your move.

That doesn't even look bad, unlike this. You should posted something worse like that dead space comic.

who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
what's next,rotoscope manga?

pls no

youtube.com/watch?v=PAUKymZigxQ

this rabbit is now my favorite meme of 2016

That seems like a shit ton of work for one fucking background.

Like how exactly is this better than just drawing it? Or do they use the gym a lot, because that's the only way I could see this setup being worthwhile.

don't read my mind you faggot
i need a tinfoil hat now, thanks nigger

Well, a lot of manga backgrounds are already traced from photos. I've seen artists get called plagiarists for tracing photos of people.

A large majority of that chapter was a fight scene in that gym, so yes.
bato.to/reader#29f89a740afd02d9_12

What the fuck are you even talking about? People who draw manga aren't going to fucking disappear.

>rotoscope manga rotoscoping is literally just tracing but with animation.

Is this finally the age where Danan Thilakanathan will be a success?

youtube.com/watch?v=zi0ptN0yAOk

The backgrounds looked good at the start. The faces were always kind of weird, honestly, and the CGI felt out of place whenever it was used. Then he started using more CGI and filters and it became visual diarrhea for the last like five years-plus of its run.

Thank you for reminding me of Duke

kek

Literally Tekken 2. This is so terrible holy shit.

What the fuck is going on with his hair?

Most backgrounds are digital 3D landscapes nowadays. Negima showed off a lot of this, for example.

Japan really needs to stop operating in extremes. It's either "mangaka is actively killing himself by working 15/7" or "mangaka decides to go full lazy, gets used to hiatuses and now abuses CG". Like, pace that shit out a bit and let them have lives.

>mfw Miura used digital for latest chapter of Berserk and it looked like dogshit

it was a prelude for shitty new show

Was it really not possible to draw this by hand? New levels of lazy.

>it's either
Not really, no. Are you just ignoring all the people with mediocre art that wouldn't take as long, or the ones who do short series every so often and then space it out with like anime design work or similar stuff, or the ones on slower schedules? Hell, there are people who actively up their own workload by doing two or more series at once, even, so it's not like they're being fucking forced.

they already use 3D programs and trace photographs all the time

>Just found out this exist in comics about a day or two ago
>Now already infected manga
Fuck

Not sure if this whole thread is one big meme or troll, but most manga are CGI, this looks awful due to art style.

By CGI, most people mean 3D/non-hand-drawn. That is what's being complained about here. No one's up in arms about 2D CGI that someone did on their CIntiq.

H...Hayai

Except people really underestimate what's CGI and not CGI.

Good CGI you really can't tell, and some artists will do backgrounds in CGI and use hand drawn models, or vice versa and depending on the chosen art style there is no way to tell.

For one, "you can't tell for sure" seems like a weak argument that "most manga" do something, since how would you even know that?
For another, using it for some backgrounds and using it for everything is not the same (the characters in OP are clearly not hand drawn). And for another, I'm no CGI expert, but I suspect with a lot of artists you could in fact tell. Like, Yamamoto has a more realistic artstyle and I suppose CG might look similar if he hadn't been absolutely retarded with it, but for an extreme example, someone like Kuroda Iou's style seems like it'd be pretty obvious if he tried using 3DCGI for that.

I'm pretty sure this was intended to look exactly like this.

>most manga are CGI

Digital's not a fucking problem, nor is it laziness, the problem is just that Miura's new to it.

Fuck off.

What did the editor and publisher think when they accepted this?

Tell me this isn't true.

now even talentless fucks can make a mango.

They always could. Have you seen OPM?

higashiyama show is best mangaka.
:^)