Turnout less than 45%

>Turnout less than 45%
>Thinks this justifies """independence"""

What the fuck is wrong with the Catalonian government? They're even more retarded than the SNP.

1. Spanish police closed voting places and seizes 700k ballots.
2. We don't give a fuck about what the retarded moors in Madrid say anymore, we're leaving.
3. You have to go back Manolo.

>Turnout less than 45%
The real number is probably less since nothing was stopping you from voting multiple times.

>get beaten to death for voting
>"oh look at this low attendenc!"

Propaganda 100%
What do you think happened yesterday?

>91.96%

2020144*0.9196 is 1857724.4224, there is no decimals you can place after 6 to make it a whole number (because 10^x isn't divislbe by 4224).

Top kek, Europe has become middle east and africa, when it comes to vote counting.

I'm pretty sure it's 2,626,424*0.9196 . It's not exactly the amount that yes has but it's close.

>2,626,424*0.9196
is 2415259.5104

that might be divisible by 10^x (since 4*25=100), but i'm too lazy to do the math.

Whats up with the Manolo meme?

,626,424*0.9196
It's 2,262 not 2,626.

Police shooting people with rubber bullets and not allowing them to vote
Correct me if i'm wrong Pedro

Polls before the vote showed only a minority wanted independance.

You don't create your nation with 60% of the poeple not wanting it.

The 2.020.144 are the yes votes, 2.262.424 were the total number of votes.
>burger intellectuals

Manolo is for castilians what Sven and Hans are for swedes and germans. To us catalans anything spanish symbolizes stupidity and backwardness and the Manolo name encapsulates that very well.

They're Spanish. Of course they're stupider than the least of a group Glaswegians.

>60% of the poeple not wanting it.
How do you know that? 2 millions voted for yes and only 170k for no, to me the will of the people is clear. How do you equate those 170k with 60% of the population?

see
Also Remain voters probably didn't bother turning out because it was an ILLEGAL vote.

>ILLEGAL vote.

lol
how much are they paying you per post

It'd be nice if there were a way to reach some kind of consensus about what the people of Catalonia want, instead of extrapolating.

Like, say, a vote.

rly makes u think

1. If the vote wasn't likely to succeed, why did Madrid try so hard to suppress it?
2. Who do you think Madrid really turned away with their violence, people voting "Yes" or "No"? Do you think someone voting "No" was as likely to be pelted with rubber bullets as someone voting "Yes"?

Don't vote then you have no voice. aww sad one centrists are getting btfo.

the paid pro-EU shills are all over this thread today. SAD!

It's not that easy to vote when you have a paramilitary police force shooting rubber bullets and all other thinkable riot control at you. If I'd not have burned for the outcome of this vote I wouldn't have voted either

As you can see in this post Catalans are brainwashed and taught to hate Spain. It's sad.

>don't vote
>get upset over the result
This generation

say it with me

Republic of Catalonia

There were many null votes like that faggot spanish plant and anyway that's nothing compared to all the votes the police seized.
Thing is only 170k want to remaim in Spain so who cares of what 2'2% of the population of Catalonia wants.

Honestly speaking, apart from the cultural differences, does Catalonia really gains something by seceding?
It doesn't seem to me like you're so rich to afford full indipendence.

People who want to remain in Spain recognised that it was an illegal vote and didn't vote.

This is what happens in 3rd world shitholes all the time when they have dodgy referendums. Everyone who wants it goes out and votes, everyone who doesn't stays home. No political cause has 90% support

91% yes with a total of over 2 million votes.
With a sample size this big the varience is in the single digits.

>Polls
Because those are the true voice of democracy

They are the ones that should be worried about that happening

>Dont vote
>Complain about result
True democrat

You're assuming too much and we don't know about that. Imo more people wanted to vote yes but couldn't because of the police violence and closed voting stations.
If we can be sure of one thing is the result of the referendum and it points that catalans want independence.
I agree with you that Spain is a third world hellhole though, no wonder catalans want to get out.

You guys aren't going to be independant ever. Suck it up.

Does turnout matter when police are literally frog marching into polling stations and beating up old ladies?

"Illegal vote" is bullshit.

Do people in Spain not have the right to say, "we should be our own nation"?
Do they not have the right to write down on paper the statement, "we should be our own nation"?
Do they not have the right to an event where like-minded people come together to write the same statement down on paper, en masse?

No doubt the globalists in Brussels will tell Spain to crack down HARD on Catalonian secession. It is the total opposite of everything the EU project hopes to accomplish; the crushing of the right of peoples to self-rule. It is already being talked down in the American media as a "Trump/Brexit-inspired populist movement" or "they're all a bunch of Marxists".

Yeah this, don't care if they are commies it's clear who won the vote, let them fail on their own merits instead of being a faggot about it on the internet

doesn't moor mean Spanish muslim or someshit?

First and foremost we make of our nation an independent country and other than that our economy will thrive being outside of Spain and we're sustainable alone. Many of the richest countries in Europe are very tiny btw.

Lol

This is like Democrats trying to spin their big loss in the 2014 midterm by saying the turnout was only 36.4%, the lowest since 1942.

If you don't vote, your opinion does not matter.

Ikr, i though what for this kind of important referenda there should be over 50% attendance. This is pure Soros inspired psyop to divide spain.

A moor is someone from the Maghreb (northwest Africa) but we call castilians that because they're swarthy and low iq compared to us catalans.

>being this scared shitless

The Catalonian secession is illegal in the same way the southern secession were illegal. You are not allowed to just vote to seperate territory from a state otherwise every average Joe with a bad day would declare indepedent.
I hope the spanish goverment deal with this the same way general Sherman did.

Governent election and referendum is two different things you amerifatso.

what's the point of this independence thing? you're all the same swarthy spaniards anyways

you are really behaving like you are gods chosen people goyim

Serious question: if we are already richer than the average of Spain, what makes you think we won't keep improving when we get rid of spanish outdated legislation and make new a new one designed to cater the economy of Catalonia?

Commies want their own state by the looks of it, but i don't really know too much about it maybe the spaniards in this thread can shed some light

>the globalists support Catalon-

the way i see it:

1. wasn't official.
2. was an illegal vote by yes supporters
3. therefore the only people that voted were people that really wanted to vote yes
4. turnout was 90:10 signifying that this was indeed the case.
5: I heard out of 5.5m eligible voters half that actually successfully voted, with 700k ballots being destroyed.
6. all of this means absolutely nothing since there is no regulation at all and is fully set up and organised by yes supporters.
7. if the tables were turned and this was a vote set up by all no voters, yes voters would be similarly angry.

8. the yes supporters are on the left, therefore brain-damaged.
9. started this mostly for attention, in order to generate the violence so they could then complain about oppression.

10. it's difficult for lefties because catalonia going independent would mean another brexit scenario and europe crisis as catalonia is a very rich state, and not going independent means they're "muh oppressioned"

11. having your cake and eating it are two different things.

if it was up to me lads i would encourage spain to provide a legal law-abiding vote as we had with the SNP in scotland and Brexit in the UK.

Spain refusing to offer the right may be unconstitutional, but it's only unconstitutional because Spain would lose so much to a new Catalonia.

David Cameron knew the risks of the UK exiting the EU, but he gave people a vote so he could show that the UK believes in democracy, although he was mocked and ridiculed and had to step down because the madmen actually fucking left the EU, he should still be respected for offering the vote in the first place.

Please don't split apart, Spain. I like your country and i'd like for it to stay in one piece.

>implying we're the same

>spain recognizes their independence
>the next day they declare war on catalonia and annex it
what's the problem here?

stop being a faggot
muhhhhh turnout

Yeah I might consider suicide, any tips?

None likes Podemos here believe it or not.

The vote was illegal according to Madrid. Madrid is not part of Catalunya, so obviously Madrid's opinion regarding Catalunya's independence is completely irrelevant. A people isn't bound to be subjects of a state, just because that state says it's illegal te leave.

The EU will do everything in their power to crush you, they will hurt themselves to hurt you.

t. Brit

They didn't want to give it legitimacy.

I suppose it makes sense, since the government of Spain didn't recognize the poll, so they just acted like it was BS.

How are you going to maintain your GDP with all your factories bombed to rubble in the civil war?

Let me just disregard all your points by saying fuck off, they voted and if they have the force to enforce the results they have the god given right to do so

>1. wasn't official.
>2. was an illegal vote by yes supporters

How would the Catalans go about holding an official, legal referendum?

Did you hear these utopic ideas on TV3

What would the """"catalonians""""""""" earn by getting their own, teeny-tiny shithole independent?

this is nothing else but a 5th column working against the state.

there is nothing to gain by dissolving into 737457389 useless fucking countries.

look at the balkans and south america.

Serious answer: Economies tend to concentrate its economic strengh to one place but it still relies on the rest of the country, so called economic hotspots. Catalonia is one of this hotspots which mean it drags economic success to it, if you are successful and live in the poorer Exdremadura you move to Barcelona leaving Exdremadura even poorer and Catalonia richer. This stop the the case if Catalonia seperate itself as the spanish hotspot would go elsewhere.
example: Seattle is rich and successful bcz they pull economic success from the entire USA, they dont create all of it it themself.

due process, a few years worth of legal petitions, large rallies and a clear vocal and physical majority.

what I'm saying is have a second vote that's actually fucking regulated, that's it. because this one clearly wasn't.

it's clear Spain isn't giving them one because they're fucking destroyed economically if Catalonia does leave, which means another EU member being financially in ruin.

It's also pretty ironic, a bunch of lefties campaigning for independence, same thing happened in scotland, but the irony and the straight up audacity for lefties to shit on brexit and then support Catalonia is baffling.

>It's also pretty ironic, a bunch of lefties campaigning for independence, same thing happened in scotland, but the irony and the straight up audacity for lefties to shit on brexit and then support Catalonia is baffling.

yeah i agree but at the same time i support any independence, including the scots if they want to fuck their own shit up let them. It's the same reason i voted to leave the EU

This would be a funny meme. I hope they actually do this, what is actually stopping them. draft up a new military focused doctrine on Catalonia after annexation.

literally tell Catalonians if they vote yes and it passes they will be annexed and placed under martial law for the next 100 years.

I can dream.

> cultural differences
besides borderline dead language, what cultural differences are there?
All of their traditions are same as in the rest of Spain, and majority of the people in region don't even use the language in daily basis outside their homes.

lmao hello shill

Lmao

> Basques region is that wealthy
Wut, what kind of shenanigans are they cooking in there to be that successful?

They don't like the Spanish federal policies and want their own. If they still work together after the balkanization then there shouldn't matter if it's one country or seven countries. The problem is that they don't work together afterwards and hate themselves afterwards. All Central American countries hate each other, same with Balkans, same in SEA, same in Arabia.

>American coke bottle
>American university hoodie

Merely a coincidence.

i dont understand why Spain would want them in the first place, if California tried to secede i'd welcome it.

That is what you get by affronting power instead of reaching for consensus.
The referendum should have been done by a third party like the red cross or the UN instead of the generalitat

where have i heard this meme before.

you gain nothing by independence.

dissolving into tiny, useless countries wont make you richer or better.

>bb.bb.bbbut muh swiss

the mountain jews are a different subject.

>tiny useless countries

yeah like poland.

the only thing poland was good for was burying dead jews.

>
>"Illegal vote" is bullshit.
>Do people in Spain not have the right to say, "we should be our own nation"?
>Do they not have the right to write down on paper the statement, "we should be our own nation"?
No, we don't. Self-determination is not a right anywhere, not even in burgerland.

>dissolving into tiny, useless countries

In the modern world this argument is not valid, what about north/south korea?

this is the problem with no-platforming, not only polarizes it any issue that it's applied to, because the no-platforming party doesn't participate it results in a skewed view of reality in favour of the opposing party.

it's fucking dumb.

what's more convincing 2 million people more voting and making it lose or it winning by 90% and the losing party that didn't "turn out to vote" saying that it wasn't fair. jesus mate

yeah, exactly.
they gain nothing, besides the quickly waning satisfaction of winning, and then after the hangover passes they are left with a tiny, useless country.

It might since today's economies don't care about country size or population. Service economies and other shit like that means you can be a rich country without factories or real exports.

>turnout
>matters

>45% turnout while cops were literally stomping on people to prevent them from voting
Brett gud

do you even know how big catalonia is?

angry pedro, calm down.

north korea is rich?

clear vocal and physical majority.

2 million votes seems pretty clear & vocal to me, it's 40%, so almost as high as the american presidential elections, guess what happend there, people really should learn how democracy works

Unlike them we are not indoctrinated to hate each other since kids. And like normal homo sapiens with common sense we know it's a terrible idea for both parts

Is the unemployment rate different from the rest of spain?
Doubt you guys are smart enough to become the next luxembourg

Lol no, you have no idea of the reality of Catalonia.

It's plain logic mate.

>do you even know how big catalonia is?

Why does landmass matter, they are the richest part of spain you polack

>north korea is rich?

They have more nukes than poland already, what do you say to that? politics matters more than landmass

i dont really care either way, to be honest.
as far as im concerned, the entire iberian peninsula is filled with brown people that sleep 20 hours a day, and the other 4 are hours for siesta.

im just saying, they will gain nothing besides a nice 1 day party afterwards.

no teeny-tiny-ass region in history that cut itself from its parent nation got richer or better.

swiss kind of always been there.
NK sucks
South Korea produces gorrilions of electronics and cars.

what does catalonia produce?

sand?

Kikest rundown.

Unemployment in Catalonia is 13% and the average for Spain 18% I think. We're actually very smart but a side effect of this has been that millions of gibmigrants came here and now any statistic of Catalonia is worsened because of them.

>Why does landmass matter

because it does.

>they are the richest part of spain

not if they secede from spain

>you polack

yes, im a polak, thank you for the reminder.

>They have more nukes than poland already
>what do you say to that?

do they eat nukes?
last i checked, they were eating dirt and grass.

>being this ignorant

can someone explain to me why did they not attempt to arrest the organizers of the referendum

surely attempting secession is illegal right

>because it does.

Good argument

>not if they secede from spain

Proof?

>yes, im a polak, thank you for the reminder.
kek

>do they eat nukes? last i checked, they were eating dirt and grass.

Wrong. they just had their best harvest in 20 years