FMA / FMAB Thread

I finished watching FMAB for the first time not too long ago and was wondering if there's any point in watching the original?
I've heard the storyline is super incoherent

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0
youtube.com/watch?v=SrfnfBO9Ob8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The original is superior so yes, watch it.

trips, so I guess I have no choice

The "original" follows the manga only to a certain point, but with more content. Brotherhood skips a bit, until it gets to the point where the original does its own thing and becomes fanfic-tier.

It depends on what sort of tone you're looking for. I didn't think the story was incoherent, just wacky, but the atmosphere is very heavy all throughout the story. I personally appreciated 2003 more.

Well I watched the first 3 episodes of the original and found that it's pacing was way too fast; Nothing was really explained properly. If I hadn't had watched FMAB I wouldn't have had a clue what was happening.
I mean, maybe if I watched more of it it'd make more sense?

Usually people have the inverse problem: Brotherhood rushes through the opening arc, since most people already saw it with 2003. From what I remember, the first few episodes of 2003 lead into flashbacks and exposition. More does get explained in 2003 than in Brotherhood.

maybe I'm just retarded then...

on another note, I wonder what they're gonna do for the live action movie?

Maybe. It's been a while since I've watched 2003, so I don't remember when exposition starts.

>I wonder what they're gonna do for the live action movie?
Fuck it up.

I severely hope they don't though.
They brought out a list of the cast and some of the characters they've got right but most they've gotten 100.00% wrong.

>mfw lust looks like she'll die a virgin

U should watch the original.
I'm not sure if U're gonna like it more, but I'm sure it's gonna surprise U with it's more mature storyline and dark atmosphere. Also, music score is pretty damn awesome.

I'll give it a go then; sounds like it's worth a watch.

Music scores turn me on...

youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0
Whatever 2003 did wrong, it will always have this over Brotherhood.

I wouldn't say that Brotherhood is less mature, it's just conveying a different message. Dark ≠ mature.

>The "original"
Yeah, it's weird how we're calling it the original when it's actually Brotherhood that follows the original FMA, not the 03 anime.

It's been years since I've watched 03, probably should rewatch it to give better opinions.
Still, I found the story pretty stupid, especially later plot points. I also remember how I thought there were some plot holes, but it's been years since I saw it.
About the same time the manga and Brotherhood came to a close.

Depends on what definition you're looking at. I'm sure the other posters meant it as the "original" anime adaptation.

Episode 37 is the only one worth watching

youtube.com/watch?v=SrfnfBO9Ob8

2003 has a better athmosphere
Brotherhood has better story, overall characters and ending.

I prefer the original because it doesn't feel like a typical shounen, even though it is. Probabaly because of the well done atmosphere like the other anons mentioned.

so basically it's worse in every aspect apart from atmosphere?

The 2003 soundtrack was better

I liked the ending, movie included. I'm not saying it was a masterpiece, but I thought it fit the series' theme really well.

surely that's subjective?

Most of is subjective.