Stalin was a good man

I do not know any positive things Stalin did. My first thoughts were about his personal life. Maybe has saved some puppy or kitten someday, but I never heard about that. His wife killed herself. He let his son die in German captivity. Remaining son was an alcoholic and rascal, daughter was unhappy woman. His own mother had little connection with him as well.

Other people answering that he rebuild economy, gave apartments to everyone, gave free healthcare … I cannot say the HE did it. Free health care started right after Revolution in 1918 and was signed by Lenin into the law. It continued throughout the whole history of USSR.

Apartments for “everyone” started to be available for many during Khrushchev, This Le Corbusier style buildings still called khrushchevki. Many people still live in communal apartments even now. I definitely lived in those all my until age 30. During Stalin time very few people had an individual apartment and usually they were high rank officials. These apartment buildings were very nice, though too few, only in the centers of the cities. They called stalinski houses.

It was true that industry was rebuild after the war and even during the war it was turned into most amazing powerful military complex literally from almost zero. It was accomplished by work of people inprisoned in GULAG. They were not paid for their work, kept in barracks and fed with almost nothing (read Shalamov’s Kolyma Tales) and supply of workforce was endless. Whether it was “good thing Stalin did” is in the eyes of beholder.

It is true that Stalin became more popular lately in Russia. I think it is not due to his merits, but rather due to necessity to create patriotic mythology in the process of developing a new identity for the nation. It is tailored for the existing leadership, not based on real national pride as Russia has much better heroes in the remote and recent past that worth to celebrate.

That is simply not true. Stalin, by the end of his rule, became a terrible human being. Some say losing his wife got to him, others power, others yet paranoia. Fact is he was NOT a good man.

What he was is a great Leader. And that's why people have some good things to say about him today.

Yeah his cruel deeds came to light after the fall of Soviet union

Actually what came out after the collapse of the SU is the little amusing fact that they were overblown in the West.

Autopsy revealed he had major atherosclerosis in the brain too.

>completely destroyed the economy(the real economy, meaning consumer goods, things people actually need to live)
>people starved to death and were treated like rats
But at least they had a gigantic military.

like what?
not denying the west overblows everything, but really what is it they exaggerated?

Stalin restored the very word "Russian" to public life, after the radical nutcase Bolsheviks had tried to stamp out all national feeling. He famously toasted the Russian people as the chief ethnic bulwark of the Soviet state, praising them specifically as having won the victory of 1945. He even restored the Patriarchy of Moscow, abolished by westernising traitor Peter I.

The GULag system wasn't massively important for the economy or technological advancement, by the way. It was more wasteful than anything else.

Just the numbers really. You hear his victims described as 10s of millions of people, yeat it turned out that the famine took less than 10 million, and deaths in gulags were fairly limited compared to numbers usually given. They, the numbers, never really made sense from demographic perspective to begin with. If 27 millions died to the nazies, and some, say 30 mln, died to soviets themselves than how the fuck did the nation recover?

>abolished by westernising traitor Peter I
You really seem to know jack shit about WHY it was done.

Peter wanted himself and Tzars to be seen as head the church, w/o a man in between. It was not a Westernisation move, just straightening of autocracy led by an alliance of church and state.

It's always hilarious watching these literal cucks defend these totalitarian dictators that would enslave them and force them into poverty.

lol kill all commies

"historic" numbers are a sham anyways, remember the 6 gorillion? i think they were pushing for 10 or 20 gorillion recently.
the number has been rising every year hue.

Kind of important when next door is literally Hitler

Hitler would have been far better than Stalin.
They're both shit though.

He was a Westerniser in many unnecessary ways, attacking too much of old Muscovite culture when he could have carried out a more sympathetic adaptation. I see how you could understand the abolition of the Patriarchy as a more internal matter, but I would state that the very NOTION of it even being possible to do such a shocking thing was a product of the irreligious "free-thinking" he had absorbed from the West. Synergia is an important ideological pillar of Orthodoxy, with even sacral aspects.

You are certainly free to hold that opinion, but I assure you, no Russian Tzar was irreligious. Do look up what the Double headed eagle on our coat of arms stands for.

I don't understand this saying as well. Because of his cruel regime and paranoia, my grandma's brother was sent to one of the labor camps and never seen again. He was a terrible person, and his passing was a great relief for all the soviet people.

>Raised by a single mom who could't read
Literally nigger tier

fuck stalin, he was a piece of shit.
it's funny how half of the commies ruling russia werent even russian

>funny how half of the commies ruling russia werent even russian
Some joke that the best rulers of russia were a Viking, a German Woman, a Dutch impostor and a Georgian.

>I assure you, no Russian Tzar was irreligious
Peter I publicly mocked Christianity. He was an exception, of course, but why ignore this?

Dutch impostor?

"Stalin" was a Bolshevik mass murdered and likely cryptojew who killed nearly 70 million goyim in the gulags.

Press "S" to spit on his grave.

There's a gulf between mocking church being irreligious. I'm not ignoring this, Peter was quite the reformist, just that he didn't abolish the church, just weakened it's influence compared to the throne. Which is a good thing in my book.

It's comes from a conspiracy theory that it wasn't peter the first who returned from the trip to europe but a dutch man who stole his identity.

>It is true that Stalin became more popular lately in Russia. I think it is not due to his merits, but rather due to necessity to create patriotic mythology in the process of developing a new identity for the nation. It is tailored for the existing leadership, not based on real national pride as Russia has much better heroes in the remote and recent past that worth to celebrate.
He's becoming more popular because large portions of the archives were opened in the 90s.

S

go to Moscow and spit on his grave if you have balls