>Universal tournament is a ripoff of Multiverse Tournament doujin

TORIYAMA CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TsskkT3HJwU
youtube.com/watch?v=x4WPr1MBZvo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's even a Kai for Goku blacked.

What the fuck, Toriyama?

The great thing about this is that Toyble is actually Toyataro, who draws the Super manga.

So assuming the two collaborate...

>Mullet Gohan

That's not a good Gohan either.

Sup Forums we need to Make Gohan Great Again.

They also stole the Space Dragonballs from GT, as well as Pilaf & Co trying to get their youth back.

Why is Toriyama, Toei, and Toyataro so intent on destroying DB?

Because they hit the motherlode with the movies creating a new Dragon Ball Boom, and so they decided they would milk it for all it was worth while the hype was still fresh, regardless of quality.

So happened Dragon Ball Super.

Pure evil.

He is from Xenoverse.

>tfw Super character-murdered Chichi, turned Gohan into a fulltime bitch, and instead of having Pan's powers at the end of DBZ be the result of her loving relationship with her grandpa, it's just her magic bloodline potential superpowers from before she could talk or walk.

I hate this. I don't even like Gohan or Chichi in the first place, but they didn't deserve this.

You'd be surprised how many fans Super has. They are all brain dead retards, but a fan is a fan.

He's working on it, but training is over-valued in Super. If you don't train full time, you're as useful as Yamcha.

Why's he bothering with training when he could hold hands with his friends and become a god?

I mean, free powerups are Gohan's fucking specialty.

Because this is dragonball super, where things are introduced and never seen again.

>that artstyle

Too bad, she could be so cute.

Exactly what I was thinking. Also I don't think there is anyway it will change since this has been THE art style of pretty much all anime for the last 10+ years.

To think anime art progressed then regressed so much.

Nostalgia is quite a blinding thing.

We all loved Dragon Ball as CHILDREN, and we watch it now not purely for our love of the characters and story, but for the fond memories we had with them as kids.

Now we're old, cynical depressed adults and you think DBS has to be some sort of holy grail of anime, or even just Shonen?

I hate to break it to all but neither the manga nor the anime of Dragon Ball (motherfucking OBJECTIVELY jfc kill me now) isn't that good. We watched it and loved it for the humor, hopeful nature, focus on friendship and of course the AWESOME FUCKING KUNG FU

Pretty sure DBS has all that. It hasn't changed at all, just our perspective.

lmao because dragon ball would never do such a thing hahaha

oh yeah they soooo focused on that planet where goku learns instant transmission. they definitely went back and explained everything about that.

gohan was a bitch in every fucking saga except cell games

>and you think DBS has to be some sort of holy grail of anime, or even just Shonen?
No, I just think it shouldn't be absurdly shit. Because it's true, neither DB nor DBZ is THAT good. But they're not absurdly shit like DBS.

Gohan was a part-time bitch, not a full time bitch.

it's because the animation productions started using computers and other digital tech

you act like a 5 year old couldn't come up with it

Apparently they are seven different alternate realities, one of them parallel, which I assume means an alternate reality as opposed to a completely separate one.

Isn't AF a sequel to GT as well? What if the GT/AF universe does actually exist, and perhaps this character is a tweaked version of Xicor.

That's exactly it. DBS is written by 5-year olds.

What if Super started with this new Trunks saga instead of Beerus shenanigans.

Jury's still out but it might be noticeably less bad.

When? That one time in the Cell Games.

And never again, and never before.

To be clear, him freaking out because he's scared and unleashing his power also still makes a bitch.

That's why it was so cool that one time. That ONE time. IT HAPPENED. ONE. TIME.

Wtf did he even do against Frieza and Buu? Got bitch slapped and served for fucking lunch.

First off, I'm not a fan of gohan. That said, gohan was NOT a complete bitch before cell. He became a bitch after cell for some time, but one would think his inadequacy during the Buu saga at least taught him a lesson (note, he was not a pathetic lanklet in the end of DBZ despite being a scholar). I don't think he has to be the strongest to not be a bitch. But at least he tried to pull his weight and do what was rigt back then. He kept training even when no one made him, he volunteered to go to space to save his friends.

Now it's "my dad can do everything I'll just waste away as a below-average "scholar" who's crowning achievement is an instruction manual on the shit I was taught fighting".

It really ISN'T absurdly shit and if you can't recognize if you haven't seen absurdly shit anime.

The plots coherrant. The characters, though simple, are cool ways to re-invent and bring back memories of older characters without just copy-pasting them again again again again as previous. The motivations are clear. The stakes are high. The animation isn't terrible, and the times it was they've been corrected which is pretty god damn fucking rare.

You don't have to like it, but you can't just say something is "absurdly shit" because you, personally, didn't enjoy it.

But to back up a bit...

DBZ's animation was fucking trash even at the time, and a couple or so of the smaller plot points are pretty fucking dumb, I think the hardest DBZ fan can agree with me there. They're still good besides this.

Please, tell me when Gohan did anything at all in either the Saiyan saga and the Frieza saga besides biting Raditz and like one other thing ...both from fear.

Training hard and being determined doesn't somehow mean you are brave.

You really think DB and DBZ couldn't be to?

Just...wow.

>It really ISN'T absurdly shit and if you can't recognize if you haven't seen absurdly shit anime.
It's still absurdly shit even if there may be other anime as absurdly shit or worse.

The plot is a mess, the characters are flanderized and regressed. The motivations are the same as always, "muh wanna be the strongest". There's no stakes and no danger. The animation is bottom of the barrel dogshit and the Blu Rays didn't fix nearly enough.

>DBZ's animation was fucking trash even at the time
The worst of DBZ's or DBGT's animation is on par with the average Super animation, and the worst of super is so bad it makes DBZ and DBGT look like it was animated by god himself.

>Please, tell me when Gohan did anything at all in either the Saiyan saga and the Frieza saga besides biting Raditz and like one other thing

What, so literally volunteering to go to space on a dangerous mission and playing a game of cat and mouse with the armies of the Emperor of the Universe is "nothing" to you?

You're pretty confused, user. I don't give a shit if Gohan isn't center stage or the strongest or not. It's his attitude that counts, and his attitude is that of a total bitch in Super.

To go further, it's pretty clear Copy-Vegeta is a version of Baby.

>The plot is a mess, the characters are flanderized and regressed. The motivations are the same as always, "muh wanna be the strongest". There's no stakes and no danger. The animation is bottom of the barrel dogshit and the Blu Rays didn't fix nearly enough.

wow

sounds a lot like fucking Dragon Ball Z

VOLUNTEERING and then actually fucking doing something are two different thing...user.

It's NOT his attitude that counts. His ACTIONS count, that's true for actual people in real life as well as decades-old anime characters.

>sounds a lot like fucking Dragon Ball Z

Sure, if by that you mean the part about the motivations and nothing else. If you can type shit like that with a straight face I'm gonna have to assume you're literally shitposting.

>VOLUNTEERING and then actually fucking doing something are two different thing...user.
Without him Vegeta or Freezer would have been immortal. He certainly did a lot, especially since he was six fucking years old at the time.

>It's NOT his attitude that counts. His ACTIONS count
Goku fan, then?

The fact that your serious is honestly fucking jaw-droppingly fascinating.

did your father hit you as a child

I'll say it. AF is everything I want in DB, over the top fights and cliche shonen tropes. It's nothing but hundreds of pages of characters punching each other with the audience commentary and I can't get enough of it.

you know who was four years old saved the world with only the assistance of an old man and an older child, instead of getting bitch slapped with the help of the most powerful warriors in the universe?

Goku.

Js

but that's exactly what super is too

i dont understand you people

I know he's supposed to be working on it, and I hope it goes somewhere (what I'm really hoping for is that Future Trunks and Gohan go into the Room of Spirit and Time together), but I don't know if it actually will. With his progression in the Revival of F arc, you'd think so. But we will have to wait and see to know for sure.

I try not to hate on Super but I can't make myself tolerate the new characters.

Is AF worth reading?
So Xicor is Goku's third some from the future and then Gohan fights him? What?

AF is basically nothing but fight scenes but every character it puts in the story does something at least kinda important.

Tights was introduced in Jaco's manga. This was just a cameo for her.

>Hating Beerus

My biggest gripe with this is literally just the art.

Animation/art whatever. I think you know what I mean. I am NOT a fan of what Toei has been doing with new DBZ animation. We know what they look like from video game box covers, to video game clips.

Goku's face and Vegeta's face are fundamentally different from how they were in Cell and Buu sagas. They seem to have less of a stronger jaw line and a more rounder face. Not my preference. The colors in Super are so BRIGHT. Not my preference. And, no homo, but I think I can speak for everyone when we say we want our sick gainz back, and a return to muscles the likes we see before. It's in our own video games for fuck's sake. No homo but that shit is cool. Even Tien is wearing a mini burqa for crying out loud.

This right here is what I want, but I know I'll never get back:

youtube.com/watch?v=TsskkT3HJwU

Of course this was released in 1997. Nearly 20 years ago, so I, and we, can just forget about it. That's a whole new generation of artists in the industry now.

That right there is an 1:32 game opening and not a weekly fuckin anime.

Those games are such a weird mix, pretty good openings but damn near unplayable.

youtube.com/watch?v=x4WPr1MBZvo

Where can I read AF anyway? I'm not paying for a goddamn fan comic.

How do the AF's stack up against Multiverse and NA?

>Liking Mary Sue Cat Twins
At least Whis and Vados aren't total selfish cunts

Betcha can't use that excuse once you know that Buu saga and GT had this animation.

Not so smart now are you.

Because it's more profitable to do so than to leave it alone. Because fans will still watch every new episode regardless. Because toryama has never cared about his series as much as it's fans. Because like all things, people will keep clamoring for sequels instead of letting it die on a good note.

I still can't get over the fact you guys are ok with saiyans having a red and a blue form, also a purple and a white by the end of the series

I got it off of facebook and some obscure website. You just have to literally google.

The fans are definitely more interested in Dragonball Z it seems. There are TWO famous spinoffs with true to DBZ art. Hell I'd say AF is even better.

What makes you draw the line at yellow form, yellower form and yellowest form?

>Have to download it
Well, I'm a Jew when it comes to memory, but I have plenty of it free.

That's such an awkward thing to say to someone who already knows enough about you.

I thought Toriyama wasn't working on DBZ anymore?

Beerus is better than every DBZ Arc villain.

He's one of the first to approach freeza levels of power. Freeza could bust planets from space with one finger in his first form and could blow shit up by blinking somehow.

>Approach
Beerus is the fucking God of Destruction. He trumps Frieza. Frieza even got frightened when he found out Beerus was there watching his fight rematch against Goku. Frieza would get shit on.

Right right, such a thing is a sharp decline and aberration compared to the true Dragonball experience which is the original manga. Original Dragonball never forgot anything, and was perfect thanks to our nostalgia.

Aside from Launch, and everything else he forgot.

The mere fact that he referenced Bulma's sister, non-canon robot girl, and Trunks other time-machine in DBS is an insult.