Berserk

How did this happen? Even the PS2 game from 2004 looked much better.

youtube.com/watch?v=4iiH0xlCXog

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RkZLl1CUT9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Simply because nobody care.
The guys are half-assing it, and even the fans do not really give a damn anymore since it's just the same content reused again and again.

So who care, really? Let's just laugh.

>even the fans do not really give a damn anymore since it's just the same content reused again and again.
This is the first time this part of the story has been adapted, so no.

The new berserk unironically looks worse than the dreamcast game, because that at least had textures.
Let that sink in.

>adapted
So no new content, yes?

I liked the lost childs but honestly, i'd rather have some closure than any adaptation.

>the same content reused again and again.

First, it's not reused "again and again" if this is the first adaptation of this material. Second, it makes no sense to claim that this is why nobody cares. Plenty of other, far less popular manga, get adaptations. Why do you think Berserk fans care less than fans of other manga?

Third,
> i'd rather have some closure than any adaptation.
You realize that this adaptation has nothing at all to do with Miura and does not impact his timetable for finishing the story, right? Or are you seriously advocating for an anime-original conclusion?

Fucking godlike OP song. I'll probably never play this game but I'll never get tired of listening to the song.

Lately i've actually started to enjoy cgi

youtube.com/watch?v=RkZLl1CUT9s

There is a lot of clever stuff you can do with it as long as you're creative.

>You realize that this adaptation has nothing at all to do with Miura and does not impact his timetable for finishing the story, right?
Ressassing how hype were the former arcs just show all the more how shitty the story has been the last few years.
And if he can just live with the money the adaptation will bring him he has no interest in trying harder, so he'll just keep playing with his stupid waifu simulator all days instead of working.

CGI was great in the 90's and early 00's but mostly for western shows IE: reboot, beast wars and pixar/dreamworks. CGI was done because it was exciting and new, now it's done because it's cheap and...cheap.
not that it can't be done well but it's usually so associated with cheap children's programming and lame cash in series that it's a turnoff. Try looking at show by rock and then back to berserk, it's sad.

Miura is probably already set for life

Why are nips so bad at cgi?

They're not even trying because they know that otakus are dumb enough to buy anything attached to the franchise they like, no matter of shitty it is.

>Simply because nobody care.
>Berserk
There's no saving animu.

Low budgets. You'd never be able to shit out shows in the west with the budgets nips have to deal with.

>no budget
>talent doesn't grow on trees
>technological challenges with "anime style"

Most tools are geared towards photorealistic or semi-realistic rendering. Anything else is possible, but that basically means deviating from the mainstream and thus know-how and the necessary customizations are harder to come by.

Budget is one thing, but you're overestimating how difficult it is to do anime style CGI well. Just look at the renders from the upcoming Berserk musou game. They look infinitely better than the anime, and those are designed to be rendered in real time and have dynamic movement. There is absolutely no excuse for what we got.

>anime style CGI
>Berserk musou game
doesn't look cartoony at all.

>They look infinitely better than the anime
putting lipstick on a pile of turd would look better, so that's not really a good benchmark

Please refer to filename

You can break down anime style into 4 (?) things:
- models
- skeleton animation
- texturing
- shading (including outlines)

The models and the textures are honestly there already. The skeleton rigging and animation isn't quite there yet, but I that is down to how experienced (or not experienced) the animators are.

The shading is the main issue, particularly shadows and outlining. A lot of outlining in traditional anime can't just be done by outlining whatever camera-perpendicular, volume-limiting surfaces the model has. If good algorithms are too hard to make for auto-outlining, then perhaps outlining must be part of a manual second pass.

>putting lipstick on a pile of turd would look better, so that's not really a good benchmark

That's exactly the point. Bad cgi is one thing, but what we got is so far beyond bad that I don't see how you can attribute that to any of the reasons you mentioned.

Stop making the same fucking thread every hour. We get it, it's shit, shut the fuck up about it already. You can't even think of something original to say.

Ah, ok. Combine the previous points with rushing things. That can result in arbitrarily low quality.

you're forgetting that traditional animation intentionally does off-model things. smears, face faults, perspective-dependent face shape and the like.