First FLCL and now LWA. America really is saving anime

First FLCL and now LWA. America really is saving anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!x9UHnJSb!ILRFzH6RFvX9Cbx1_YaDWQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck anime

Japan's capacity for animating has recently exceeded the buying power of the Japanese anime fans.
The American-funded anime will not replace Japanese anime (which is purpose-bound as multi-media franchises and advertisements, but it will create a 4th anime sphere.
#1 kids/family
#2 otaku
#3 teens
#4 Americans

>first memeshit and now memeshit
Great taste as always, murricans.

>americans getting involved in my north korean motion pictures

Memes find a way.

Yoshinari finally gets to animate western cartoons like he always dreamed of then.

>muh moe fantasia
Neck yourself

>there is only memeshit anime and moeshit anime
Throw yourself off mt reddit.

>Americans still thinking they're the only ones on internet.
Truly the worst cancer

why hello there

Americans are the only ones that matter.

If you think the new FLCL is going to be good then I have a house in the afterlife to sell you.

Does that mean we'll be watching Netflix rips instead of Horriblesubs?

Americans also saved Voltron

I was fucking shocked that it was actually a little good. I hope they do more dumb shit like that in the future.

>Airing in August 1.

holy shit, it's next month.

You're working under the assumption that those people actually have standards. Back when it was just rumours, those people didn't even care about finding out the staff working on it, just the FLCL name is enough for them.

I'm glad my favourite animes aren't made by filthy westboos

Oh shit, I vaguely remember that during the AMA shilling session, they said something about how someone was actually showing interest in funding them for it to be series or something. Back then there were anons speculating that someone is Netflix and with the way things are now, that is very likely.

What are the odds that they're waiting to see how people are responding to the KS funded OVA and then going for a full series from there?

>burgermunchers in charge of chinese cartoons
This can't end good.

LWA wasn't that good and turning it into a series is bound to ruin it.

>animes
Opinions of ignorant people don't matter.

can't see FLCL not being shit

LWA might do good though

It means we'll be waiting till the series is over for subs unless some fansubber saves the day.

Someone explain to me America's Voltron obsession. There have been like 5 of them now including the original anime. I just don't understand

>LWA wasn't that good
FALSE
>and turning it into a series is bound to ruin it.
I'm worried about that too, but there's obviously some interesting back story with what sensei was doing behind the scenes while putting on her shows.

Netflix has subs, doesn't it?? My Internet is to slow to even think about streaming, so I've never used it, but I thought Netflix had subbed anime. Isn't all the anime on Netflix available with subs?

I'd fuck anime if I knew how, trust me

>unnecessary sequels and westaboo shit
t-thanks america

>FALSE
Truths. It was mediocre in story with above average animation, but it was a movie anyway.

The typical american doesn't know that the nips have been making over 100+ for similar type of shows (some of which are better). Since voltron is all they know, it's what they keep hanging on to.

Netflix didn't put up Kuromukuro worldwide until the season was finished whereas Japan got it from the get-go. Probably something in the contract from tv stations airing anime afraid for losing a portion of their audience to the service.

so long as it has the premise and Sacy Sup Forums will call it AOTY

>It looks like a Western cartoon but it's actually anime!
>Oh my god, that's so -anime-!

Any 2007 and prior oldfags here? Isn't this shit stupid as fuck?

The toys were some of the coolest in the 80's and my generation has a huge nostalgia boner for it. All of the middle series were obviously made by creatives who wanted to remake their childhood or by executives who thought they could respark it's popularity, but the new series is actually not bad.

Voltron was SUPER popular when I was a kid. Everyone knew Voltron. It aired the same year as Transformers and rode behind it in popularity. Also the original metal lion toys were fucking great.

Yes, there are subs.

It looks like anime.

>America is funding anime
>not cartoons
>they didn't find another season of wonder
>Not any good cartoons being funded by Netflix
>EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE THE BUDGET
>no 2d Disney film being funded by Netflix
>Mfw betrayed by your own country

Sup Forums is truly suffering.

America ruins everything it touches.

Oh, who cares then. I normally watch shit after it's finished anyway unless the shitstorm on Sup Forums looks like fun.

You have HollyJews making capeshit for you all year round

It totally looks like anime. Also anyone who thinks 2007 is oldfag is - actually wait. Nevermind. I guess 2007 is long enough now.

That's depressing.

Has Japan gotten a hold of the new one yet?

>American animated movies ever being 2D again
Give it up, user.

I don't know why you're bringing pre07fags into this.

Sure, I have been here for at least 11 years but this is no more stupid than every fucking thing else f/a/gs claim to have a majority opinion on.

America, fund Haruhi s3.
Make anime great again.

It's obvious that he joined Sup Forums at around that time.

The only good capeshit movies were Watchmen and Darkerman. Everything else was either Decent or completely shit.

If FLCL turns out shit then I won't trust an American company backing an existing franchise again. Just pump that money into a original anime by some creative mind instead of doing the very American thing of just making sequels

Yeah, one of the worst things about people who claim themselves as oldfags is generally that they try to be super nostalgic, as though the past were golden times.

Sup Forums, and all its boards, have always been shit with the odd gem floating in them.

>Watchmen
>Good
I laugh in your general direction. It missed the entire point of the story.

Different years are better for different shit.
2008ish was the best time to talk about manga, before the midnight manga threads go shit on by anti-source faggots and we moved into the much shittier OPT, 3x3 manga editions, and random genre threads.

Prior to 2007 Sup Forums had a better sense of humor. No, that's not right, it was more open about it's horrible sense of humor, and we shit on people less for be goobers and more for not knowing enough about anime.

Modern Sup Forums is great for talking about the actual production of anime. We have a ton of people who care a lot about the staff, voice talent, and behind the scenes doings on Sup Forums right now.

>America really is saving anime.
Sup Forums isn't america, fuck you. FLCL getting a sequel is also bad and nothing more than taking a giant shit on the original work.

>FLCL getting a sequel
I dunno. If it was the original staff, and a completely different set of characters it might not be ~that~ bad.

Your welcome nips and thank you for the anime

No, it'll still be bad. There is no need for a sequel and there is nothing left to tell for a sequel. It's nothing more than a shitty cashgrab replying on retard nostalgiafags who don't understand what makes something good and I am yet to see anything like this before manage to be good and not shit all over what made the series good. One of the reasons FLCL was good was because it was that small self-contained story. I would never ask for a sequel of it just as you would never ask for a sequel for like, I don't know, Cowboy bebop.

2007 isn't old user, the fuck you are smoking

>no 2d Disney film being funded by Netflix
Disney themselves consider 2D animation dead.

>Capeshit
>Ever good
No. Just no.

>No season 2 of Outlaw Star

America isn't doing shit to save anime.

I don't Haruhi is "normie" enough to get funded by the west. If anything it'd be something like Cowboy Bebop S2 or Death Note S2

There is no money in making cartoons anymore. Anime on the other hand can be made on slave wages.

>What is Firefly

>America creates everything it touches into midas gold

Fixed

I hated Outlaw Star solely because of this cliche episode:
>crush on a girl you don't know is one of the bad guys, then befriend her
>girl dies fighting your team and you have no idea it was her
>wonder why she hasn't shown up at your special meeting place

I fucking loathe this trope.

Literally rebbit the show was cancelled long ago amigo.

There was never money in cartoons as a standalone thing. It has and always will be about moving merchandise. The only difference between now and 20-30 years ago is nobody buys toys anymore.

>America and not Trump
MAKE ANIME GREAT AGAIN

> mfw watching the anime Renaissance in front of my eyes
feels wonderful
Soon we will have more crowdfunding for heavy western influenced series like PSG, little witch academia, FLCL, Cowboy bebop etc
The age of light novels and harem shit is finally ending

I dunno. In the same vein, I wouldn't mind more stories in the Cowboy Bebop setting.

>wanting constant sequels

But these projects are financed by the japanese division of netflix. Kuromukuro didn't even get released on their worldwide service until after the final episode aired.

>what is anime franchises

>toys
You can peddle other shit. Well, not this, can't do that in a Christian country anymore.

Soon there'll be original works in the model of these old shows
Soon it will be the norm.

>murrikan nostalgiafags trying to get every 'classic' they got to watch back in the day ruined with a sequel

Oh boy here we go.

Yes, that is normally referred to as a 'spin-off'. These normally have nothing to do with the original story and are their own thing in the same universe. A good portion of the time these are also shit and are just ridding on the brand name. A spin-off still has a potential to be good because its meant to be something in the same universe, not something apart of the main story. However, a sequel isn't a spin-off. We aren't getting small self-contained FLCL spin-offs, we are getting FLCL s2 and s3, aka sequels.

Tacitly admitting that you're new as shit

What're yall niggas complaining about exactly?
A full season of LWA sounds fantastic. And so does a FLCL sequel. I have no doubt that I'm going to enjoy them both.

Why don't you just go watch normal western tv? You will get the exact same thing you want from anime. As in, LITERALLY getting that. Unless you can say you love most things on western tv, you're retarded to think this is in anyway positive for anime.

>every 'classic' they got to watch
What? You mean literally the same dozen shows Toonamibabbies and the like got to see? The same people who think Cowboy Bebop is somehow the be all end all of anime.
I'd rather take another Big O more than anything else desu.

>original works
America shills brand recognition even harder then Japan. Good luck.

If you wanted to argue semantics then you should have started at
>I dunno. If it was the original staff, and a completely different set of characters it might not be ~that~ bad.
As far as I'm concerned it's only a spin-off it it has a different name.

I want it from anime.

The American funded Big-O was terrible.

I know I prefer animated programming because I dislike looking at real people and I enjoy art. I don't consider acting to be much of an art.

Yes but at least I don't think fondly of that show. Much better than probably tarnishing any good memories I had of FLCL and all the other inevitable sequel revival garbage.

The only other thing they could hock is video games and most don't make the transition well since nobody's gonna try and make a show out of anything with even slightly objectionable content unless they're French.

I fucking swear you burgers if the new FLCL seasons are bad.

>Bird suppository
>sheer clothing
What is this, I want to watch it?

They will be; just ignore them.

2 of those are from the last 5 years. Bebop wasn't the first, and won't be the last, episodic anime. Bebop is one of those shows that people think give him high ground in taste when really just like all episodic anime its 60% trash

Movie of cartoon of french mmo.
mega.nz/#F!x9UHnJSb!ILRFzH6RFvX9Cbx1_YaDWQ

I can't think of that many bad Bebop episodes. I think people just like to shit on it because it's popular with dubfags, and dubfags are terrible.

anyone else here think FLCL is OK at best?

Cool, can I just watch that alone without watching anything else?

It's a little better then okay. It did a lot well, a LOT. It's not the best thing ever, and I wouldn't say it's even in my top ten, but if I had only watched anime that was on English language television I would probably have a much much higher opinion of it.

> muh plot
shut it retard episodic anime is the best

Netflix anime threads are my favorite threads on Sup Forums mostly because Sup Forums goes from a fairly well-adjusted board(inasmuch as the stuff we regularly masturbate to counts as well-adjusted) into paranoid and hostile.

Triiger shit is always cancer of the season