I just watched all of Eva and still don't know what an Angel is or why it do what it do

I just watched all of Eva and still don't know what an Angel is or why it do what it do

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BdZIqbUgJeU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Angels are cute.

They're aliens who want to rejoin with the big momma Angel that Gendo keeps in the basement.You end up finding out that the thing in the basement isn't the Angel's mom but actually humanity's. The Angel's were actually trying to rejoin with their pappy, who is now a fetus being held by Smug Melon Man. Either way, if the Angels give their Fetus Dad a hug the earth will explode. The bitch grade schoolers all get inside of their giant robot moms in order to stop them.

Congratulations!

As an Eva fan I understood all of what you said except slug melon man.

They're aliums that do what they do because there would be no plot if they didn't do what they did.

Kaji

Angels ate the fruit from the Tree of Life and have been granted power, humans ancestors ates from the Tree of Knowlege and are cursed.

Rebuild actually improved on something then.

By the end of the first film they establish that Angels attack NERV in order to get down to Central Dogma and say 'hello' to the Angel that's locked up there, which will be the end of mankind as we know it.

Rewatch it.

But they're watermelons

So why doesn't humanity simply move to Mars?

Mars ain't got shit on it. Earth is where all the weird alien scrolls and resources are located.

we lack of concepts to understand divine things

But not really since that still leaves Angels that didn't show interest in anything but the Evangelions and Angels that tried to destroy the whole Geofront outright.

Different methods.

Does the manga explain it better?

Uh-uh, Ireul tries to engage the same self-destruct Nerv intended to destroy Lilith if they lost. That's clean contrary.

They are the true successors to Earth. They are looking for Adam so they can wipe the Lilin vermin from the planet.

manga is shit

says who

At least the ending is more understandable

says me .
my opinion is mine , i love you

Cockroaches

Humanity is the 18th Angel.

i want to sexualize geometry

They're the reincarnated souls of aliens[/spoilers] who originally seededthe galaxy with both of the seeds of life which were never supposed to come into contact with each other.

But somebody on ancient Planet Retard screwed up because Earth got both which sets up our conflict. At least they were smart enough to send the controlling key 'just in case' the scenario above happened, namely the Spear of Longinus.

Why didn't they send Adam to the moon?

Learn to spoiler user

It's half baked pretentious fluff. Don't worry about the meaning and enjoy the monster designs. You can drop the series after the director starts getting too far up his own ass.

Angels are just never going to make sense if only because they're clearly not coordinating or in any kind of communication with each other, but they still respond to things that happened to other Angels. Like Sachiel is initially curious and gets brutalized hand-to-hand then dies, so Shamshel arrives better equipped for hand-to-hand and is immediately aggressive but still dies, and then Ramiel just doesn't let Unit 1 anywhere near her.

Not baiting, Just speaking the truth. It's the Boyhood of anime.

Eva's only allegedly pretentious aspect is the religious symbolism which I think Anno just used because it "looked cool"

Other than that, there's nothing pretentious about it

Pretty fucking stupid aliens then.
If you want to exterminate Earth because it has shit that should not get in contact with each other just speed up a spaceship tp lightspeed and let it rash into Earth

Why were the angels between Ramiel and Zeruel relatively easy to deal with, though?

Israfel, Iruel, Sahaquiel, Leliel, and Bardiel were not at all easy to deal with. But still clearly experimental. Zeruel was angelkind going fuck this, fuck all these gimmicks, I'ma just go hard and fuck you, Lilim. And even it was still scared of Unit 1.

>angelkind
Does this imply the angels were created one by one by another conscious entity?

It does. It is also shown that they aren't.

>It is also shown
I don't remember that. When?
As far as I know, the angels are a mystery, we just know that they come from Adam.

Magma Diver. They aren't sent or designed by anybody, they hatch alone from eggs and determine their own form.

So the egg spontaneously came into existence?

but they don't care about Lilith, they want Adam.

No, they were there long before we came into existence. Before First Impact.

Oh, so the eggs are all there but they just wait for the right moment to hatch

I think I always preferred that interpretation just because it would have them waiting buried in the remotest corners of the Earth until called like cicadas

They definitely come from Adam. There isn't one word as to whether Adam placed them intentionally before First Impact, they were scattered by Second Impact, or they're doing some goofy scifi magic like coalescing out of the extra-dimensional space of Gauf. We know their shape isn't informed by genetics because Shamshel matches the human genome more closely than any other thing on Earth does and still looks like that and we watch Sandalphon transform from the same anthropoid embryo that Adam was reduced to.

Who were the most terrifying angels in your opinion?

For me it has to be either Zeruel or Sandalphon

Just rewatch the whole show and the movies over and over again.

Any living thing this big needs to be destroyed. Too big always equals too spoopy.

How big was it again?

Is this is a 40m Shogoki or a 200m one?

I don't think the height of the Evas has ever been confirmed. I think 80m (as shown in the Rebuilds, more or less) might be accurate.

the reason why two seeds are on earth was the collision of the planets Earth and Theia. (forming the moon) Theia (first impact) had lilith, eventually forming the moon.

Its why Rei is associated with the moon.

youtu.be/BdZIqbUgJeU

Is this why the ED is fly me to the moon?

But you only get the ancient alien seeds explanation of you play the untranslated game, right? Or does the manga explain that as well?

The initial mention of that whole concept actually took place in End of Evangelion. Misato goes into it while Shinji is acting all rag dolled.

Ancient alien progenitor stuff is still named in the show and explained in End. FAR are an explanation of where the progenitors came from, an explanation for why they were sent that doesn't make sense, and the most evidence that Alfa didn't make them up themselves is they're also in the series proposal and described totally differently there.

It's like poetry.

You'll just have to decipher its meticulously crafted symbolism.
The whole team had PHDs in Judeo-Christian theology you know.

Adam. I used to have nightmares about his giant of light form chasing me.

His giant form is basically the same shape as an Eva. What's scary about it?

isn't it smug glasses man though?

Kaji doesn't have glasses

Nah, I'm pretty sure the angels want to go for Lilith and not Adam. If a seed of Adam combines with Lilith, it will create that Living God.

The angels were trying to breach terminal dogma before Kaiji brought Adam to Gendo.

Why was Kaworu so surprised then?

Humanity is actually not the 18th but the 1st Lilith-based Angel (or bilion angels if you count each human as one angel, since everybody has a (weak) AT-Field). There are 16 true Adam-based angels. Tabris (presumed 17th) is not an real angel since he is Misatos-dads clone with Adams salvaged Soul.

Gendo you dutz!

That's still weird because there is an Eva that is half of Lilith's body, an Eva that is Lilith's actual soul, and angels aren't particularly drawn to either.

for clarification

to be even more precise, there are only 14th Adam based angels, since Adam and Lilith (presumed 1st and 2nd) shouldn't count. Sachiel is the actual first one of Adams offsprings to show up. He is the "first" not third.

Angels are obviously lewd

>try to jack off thinking about dead wife
>this fucking goober is staring point blank at my cock

Gendo truly suffered the worst.

It doesn't matter. The giant robot/monster-a-week motifs are just a vehicle to justify the story in an anime form.

The way it moves and how you can't see any detail but a solid color. It just freaks me the fuck out.
Imagine that giant thing towering over you.

but Sandalphon was just a baby. ;_;

It's just monster of the week shit with religious themes tossed in to look cool

He was just pretending

It could survive in magma at several thousand meters depth
That's fucking horrifying

he can still fuck one of Reis countless clones which have at least kind of Yuis youthful body.

Oh. I was thinking about how it radiated stuff that melted people off of their bones.

How did Misato survive?

angels aren't very smart. Look at them, they always have that stupid look on them. They just guess that their daddy Adam is somewhere in the Black Moon, stolen by Lilith or some bullshit.
Angels are like overgrown kids really. Some fuck around in the ocean, some chill in vulcanos, some shit acid everywhere and some are fucking pissed off.

Rei transcended time and space. She was able to save pretty much anyone she wanted.

Doesn't really explain why her jacket was still fucked up, but she very clearly got tanged.

Kaoru kun is angel

thumbnail looks like Carl-kun is trying to shove his dick up Shinji the hedgehog's pants

yet he has no seed of life. He only has adams soul (which is the most powerful of them all, hence the strongest AT-Field). Alas, he cannot regenerate, has just a Lilith-based-body. Shinji could have beat up him with his bare fists because he already "lowered" his AT-field with the power of gay love.

Her dad was still awesome regardless of her own problems connecting with the man.

It's sorta they rhyme.

That added a lot of much-needed tension to Evangelion. The show should've had this reveal way sooner, although it did make for a nice dramatic touch for the Zeruel fight.

Why didn't Shinji just rape him into submission?

Who is this?

>he didn't read THAT doujin

Wait, she survived?
In EoE?
I thought you see her body get torn in half

So from what I understand, Shinji was a child and was a little shit until a tabletop game washed up on shore, then he became a badass and fought angels with his EVA until Kaworu tried to destroy the world with his evil army of decay, and also war?

Yes

All you need to know is that you've posted the best one.

Why didn't they just send this momma Angel to Sun or somthing ?
Was UN literally retread just like in real life ?

They needed that momma for the plan, after all do remember that the U.N is a mere puppet of SELEE who wants to execute the plan.

They would if they wanted to stop the Angels, but really they just wanted to become Gods themselves, so they let the momma Angel stay so they could fuck it with the corpse of the daddy Angel and become perfect.

Yup, misato is kill

That is the best angel in the series because it's so alien.

There is no reason that can be understood from it. Other than the generic Angel motivation, it has nothing. No emotions, no real movement, it's just a fucking diamond of death that not even the EVAs can defeat.