Tales of Zestiria the X

All of my friends are dead

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=11235
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=3360
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She could make new friends that aren't then.

>Having friends

The anime already needs Rose and it needs it badly. Only Rose can save this goddamn shit anime. I fucking hope they don't make the mistake of removing her from her co-protagonist role. Doing so would be absolutely disastrous.

Bait harder baba

For starters let's get technical aspects out of the way.

The directing is bland. It can't be emphasized enough how bland it is. The budget and the visual quality is good but nothing is done creatively with it. We are treated to some VERY high quality back ground art and visuals, yet tey are spent on static boring scenes of characters moving or as backgrounds to talking mouths. It really shows that the director chosen for this had literally nothing of significance in his resume. Awkward pacing, awkward transitions, forgettable ost placement, absolutely no set up in terms of tension or atmosphere. Things just happen.

Musically this had nothing too interesting going for it too. Most of OST was basically typical Gothic chorus. I guess it is serviceable for the scenes presented but I hope this has more than just typical "singing of doom".

Let's not even talk about CGI because hooboy, did Berserk leak out into this? The storm had some dodgy moments but the creature was fake as hell.

Story wise...hoo boy. Zestiria from the start, even as source material, is an awful tales game in terms of story. It is viewed by fanbase as one of THE worst "Tales of" games ever made and it's only redeeming feature is gameplay. So what happens when Ufotable tampers with already bad story? It gets worse.

>The anime already needs Rose

I wonder who could b* b*hind this post?

The first episode pulls every single possible emotionally manipulative edgy trick in the book possible. Pointless typical tragic deaths that make you feel nothing, ancient evils awakening, edgy villains showcasing their edge by doing irredeemable acts of mass destruction, pointless typical character motivations stemming from tragedy, a hollywood blockbuster-esque running away from a cataclysm scene(which went on WAY TOO LONG). But none of that really lands well in execution due to poor directing and poor pacing. Just as prescreeners were saying, the child death scene takes the cake as cringiest and most predictable moment of the season - were we supposed to feel sorry for the child? to be surprised? to feel sorry for the protagonist's angst? Because sorry, that scene is the kind of thing you would expect in a meta parody - the only way it could have used more tropes is if the child was running towards his injured mom. If someone told me I was watching a God Eater character backstory episode, the only thing that would give off something wrong with that statement would be art style. In a lot of ways this episode felt like a short recap in between seasons. Except that this is supposedly the first episode of the story....

Overall, Zestiria is this season's Kabaneri(Except that Kabaneri had better art style) - dumb, dull, pretty looking popcorn schlock. Hopefully Ufo does not keep boring the viewers with pointless cliche tropes and instead spends budget on what matters in the work like this - action sequences. Because that is pretty much the only reason to watch something like this.

If the action is bearable and takes up most of episode space, then this most likely will be my popcorn watch of this season - a kind of work you turn off your brain to and just watch for pretty explosions.

2/5 Summer of Disappointment continues. On the upside the op sounds great. Possibly best FLOW song in long while.

Baba pls

Rose a shit

A SHIT

>MAL
Don't they know this was an original episode prologue?

I actually wouldn't mind Rose as a character. She's a creepy fucking sociopath who murders people based on cold reason.

The issue is that the game goes out of its way to tell you she's 100% right and just and pure

Rose a shit

Roxy is best girl

>I fucking hope they don't make the mistake of removing her from her co-protagonist role.
I would honestly pick this animu up in a heart beat if that were true.

But would those be "true friends"?

Only by being alive they could become one, and if they don't it will hurt less when they also die.

And friends that die in the first episode aren't true friends anyway.

>co-protagonist role
Already filled, sorry Baba.

It's okay, Alisha, they never really liked you and planned to kill you during this mission anyway.

*slits the FAGGOTS throat*
*drinks his blood*
*takes his screentime*

Pssh... nothing personel, fujos

So is her mom, her dad and like half her siblings.

Shut up you shitty spirits.

>fans wanted more Alisha focus in the game
>Studio Ufotable dedicates an entire episode to shitting on her life

>Alisha was happy once

>director has nothing important in his resume

u fucking wot m8

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=11235

That was very boring.

Alisha a shit.

>says the yuribait

He has a voice acting role.

Sorry lads, we /ss/

what? all I see is some KA work and director for the unremarkable Symphonia OVAs.

Go away Baba.

In other words she's a degenerate who should slit her own throat.

Alisha is a shit though. Quit getting mad because you you chose a waifu based on art design and it bit you in the ass

So this is who was probably responsible for that assassin scene.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=3360

poor matsushima having to work with ufotable

Baba pls

Baba plz, everyone already knows what you did.

Probably not cause the average anime fan is immensely dumb and uninformed about tons of things despite information being more readily available than ever nowadays. Its astonishing how little attention people pay to things right in front of their face like the screen with Episode 00 in big block letters and the fact that it's clearly the shit that happened to Alisha before the start of the game from her perspective

>Yuri bait fujos baba baba yuri bair Fujobait baba baba baba fujos yuri bait baba bait

This shows doesn't need threads on Sup Forums I'd say though who knows maybe in future weeks somebody might actually discuss the actual anime instead of whatever the fuck these threads have been for the prologue

Alishafags follow their dicks.
Rosefags follow their hearts.

How good were the Symphonia OVAS? That will give me leeway on how well this will be.

Thing is, the threads have been 95% players of the game. Thus spoilers and Sup Forums everywhere.

Sup Forums is also pretty straight with its tastes and waifus rule the board for the most part- and thus fujos want to stomp all over it. If it's something openly homo like Osomatsu-san, they kind of settle their way in. But a lot of Sup Forumsnons haven't even been given the chance to see the series proper before they decided to be the very vocal minority and terrorize others. At least, that's how I see it.

>720p
Tell your onii-chan to upgrade your goddamn PC.

Is best girl already in ?

>sexualizing the purest of the pure
Filthy whore. I hope you get fucked by that fat business man/politician real hard.

>the random loli dies just to continue Zestiria's bizarre fetish for killing children

Don't forget that Dezel essentially fucked Rose in her sleep for years to get her that pure and literally no-one has a problem with this.

Why are you under the impression I took that screenshot?

Why are you under the impression that I was talking about you.

did you actually like the prologue guys? as someone without any knowledge of the game i thought it was pretty fucking great for a first episode.

It's giving me false hope that Rose won't be sidelined.

Why aren't they all wearing school uniforms yet?

Did I say Rose? I meant Alisha.

You mean Alisha

wait,she's not mc/side-protag?

thinking about it for a sec, of course the mc is whatever twat pulls excalibur, or whatever they call it in that universe, how could i be so silly.

is it even a likeable twat or is it one of the blank sheet guys that you're supposed to project into throughout the game?

>replies to post
>not talking about the poster

Not them, haven't touched this tales games at all, but this prologue was a cluster fuck and quite honestly terrible.

>wait,she's not mc/side-protag?
No she only appears in the first 1/4 of the game or so. We'll see what the anime does with her.

remove shotas

Sorey is perfect in every imaginable way you ignorant piece of shit.

>is it even a likeable twat or is it one of the blank sheet guys that you're supposed to project into throughout the game?
generic good guy

Soon user.

I want to give her properly fitted footwear

>she only appears in the first 1/4 of the game or so

well shit. you'd think the princess of whateverland would've been an important character. we'll just have to wait and see how the anime handles her, as you said.

>generic good guy
i at least hope the rest of the main cast has some interest to them and are not just stereotypical archetypes, otherwise i suspect i'm in for a snoozefest.

why do people keep talking like they'll follow the plot 1:1 past the prologue?

>at ufotable meeting room
>I have a great idea on how to handle the anime guys, let's do the same exact fucking thing that caused a bigger meltdown than Fukushima

Alisha was a side character that's barely relevant at all.

Sorey is literally Jesus. He's unbelievably boring by himself until like that last 5 minutes.

The red head Rose, the co-protagonist, is also pretty boring but has a semblance of a personality unlike Sorey.

Half the seraphs are what's actually good in terms of characters. Loli is the bully. Blue fag is the straight man. Shirtless bro pervert. Red long haired girl brings order but is the silliest. Dark and edgy hat guy is boring as fuck though.

I was talking about Alisha, the getting fucked by the politician bit should've tipped you off.

Sorey is okay, it's Rose that's a minor annoyance. Aleshia is forced out of the party due to two things:

1. Due to suspicion of using her relationship with Sorey to expand her political influence and framing by a very corrupt government she is temporarily put under house arrest and Sorey is sent off to war, splitting up the two.

2. Due to her low aptitude for seeing the paranormal and interacting with it her becoming Sorey's squire ate away at his spiritual power and stunted his growth, as well as gradually robbed him of his senses and some motor abilities. Later on when Sorey has grown much stronger by getting the powers from the 4 trials she is capable of joining without there being any drawbacks to Sorey.

She is ultimately forced to leave after rejoining because of her duty to her country and emotional turmoil following a certain event that shattered her resolve. Which is a shame because she had the best chemistry with Sorey and was a possible love interest. There's even one skit where Sorey sees her getting dressed.
Also the sword is irrelevant, it's an item that serves as proof of a contract and a catalyst for the Armatized form, there are 4 in total.

She made it properly fit. And its part of her appeal.

Oh yeah and another thing, Sorey has trust issues and believes that the shepherd's duty is a burden only he should have to bear and this is a theme throughout most of the game. At the very end when you believe he's gotten over all that, he abandons Rose and fights the final battle alone.

The actual reason Alisha was kicked out is that Baba wanted Rose in her place though. All that silly plot justifications is the writer trying to make it work.

Well Sorey has a personality so he isn't really a character that can be used to self insert. His main problem is that he has no character development or character arc.

It was Aizen who refitted them.

>wanting to take her brother's shoes away from her
No.

Sounds not-bad enough that ufotable visuals will carry it through even if it gets stale at some point

will onii-chan fug the edge out of velvet

>yfw velvets sole purpose in the anime is to mercy kill him

Will Velvet save Zestiria?

>they're taking that away from Zavied
What? No, fuck that. Velvet can be the lord of calamity. God knows she fits the role.

At most it'll be the story as it would have been originally without Baba plus Velvet.

In other words
>((Zestiria - Rose + Alisha) + Velvet)

Zestiria is in a weird position where the worldbuilding as it's set up means none of the characters can go through development without immediately transforming into monsters.

An interesting game to play is picturing how long any other Tales protag could last in Glenwood without turning into a hellion. Most of them don't survive the first few hours.

Luke would be okay. Yuri and Asbel wouldn't last a day though.

As long as they believe they did the right thing they'll be fine.

Long-haired Luke has way too many negative emotions and mental hang-ups not to turn into a hellion quickly, while short-hair Luke has the whole Akzeriuth thing.

Deluding oneself may also lead to corruption. Lailah said so in that skit about Seraphs not needing to eat, but going fat from over eating.

No other Tales character goes the entire game without questioning if they're doing the right thing.

Even Yuri expresses doubt as to whether or not his methods are correct.

The way how they made malevolence work in Zestiria makes for shitty world building overall as it means that only really a sociopath or the woefully ignorant could live in and not turn into a hellion.

I'm not even sure that they'll keep the mechanics of malevolence for Berseria.

But then you have people like Rose abs that priest who are pure because they believe that they did the right thing by killing people.

The fact Velvet can even exist as a character and remain sentient suggests the mechanics are different.

Yuri practically takes the hellion route in his own universe. I think Sorey is the most mentally sound protag through all Tales.

I think Velvet would survive in that case.

>what? all I see is some KA work and director for the unremarkable Symphonia OVAs.

You missed Ninja Nonsense

It's not an instant on/off switch. Some characters in Zestiria expressed hellion-inducing emotions but they didn't go through it since it wasn't sustained. In fact, there was only one character that goes into the hellion transformation quickly and it was mentioned that it's extremely rare for that to happen.

Yeah, it took Aizen over a thousand years to reach dragon status.

I still find luke a better MC then Sorey is. He's more intresting.

The thing is that Yuri believes that what he did is right. The only problem with him is that he regrets not having another option. And it's not until post-game that he even starts thinking about that in any sort of depth.

Sorey is sound only because he's never really challenged, he just does as he's told like a good boy.

Hey girlie wanna play twister?

I find almost all other MCs in Tales games better than Sorey. The game honestly would be shit with characters if it weren't for the female cast.

That's a wise thing to do because the mechanics of malevolence was just shitty to begin with.

The female cast of Zestiria weren't anything to write home to either.

The female cast is garbage. The only thing that makes Zestiria stand out is the blatant BL between Sorey and Mikleo.

Well at least lailah and edna were nice .

And even then they are weak. Honestly, I think liked Sergey better than the main cast. At least he tries to solve humans problems and the universe doesnt bend its way to fuck him up.