What the fuck is wrong with shojo protags and how do we fix them?

What the fuck is wrong with shojo protags and how do we fix them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fXsLh5i6V4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How about you watch shows intended for your demographic you neckbeard.

I'm a grill.

Cook me some burgers then!

did you ntr your childhood crush?

They're harem MCs with the gender reversed.

Somehow stop men liking boring girls, then girls will stop thinking boring is something to aspire to, and they will stop being MCs.

This. Although shoujo protags are still less retarded than your average harem protag.

We make a strong girl who doesnt get all flustered from a guy simply saying hi to her and that doesnt live for the sole purpose of fucking the best looking bishonen in her class.
We give her interests/opinions/hobbies/principles that she ACTUALLY stays true to and follows.
That's how you make a good shoujo heroine.

Not that I know of, but you sure sound like you have some unfinished business with yours.
Don't blame her user, she probably didn't even know you existed. If I can give you some advice, try to actually talk to her the next time you have a crush.

While it's true some shojo protags have some spunk in them, most are soft spoken bland girl who lack the shadow of a personality. Maybe there's some truth in what 's saying.

You should watch Diabolik lovers.

So basically, Chihaya?

Make a girl intended for a regular harem then put her in a shojo

>Has a letter that predicts the future for her
>Won't spend any time properly thinking about that or even reading all of the damn text
>"Do this thing or you'll regret it later"
>Should I tho? This question's hard...
Stupidest MC in years.

I don't get the Orange meme. Read it and thought the first half was pretty boring and the second slightly better but dumb characters. The "emotional" stuff wasn't that good either.

Yes, Chihaya clones would be wonderful.

Too bad Chihayafuru isn't a shoujo.

They're passive to an infuriating degree so that their drama can be dragged out as long as possible.

>You should watch Diabolik lovers.
I don't watch a lot of shoujo, but the protag seems like she's cute enough, but that alone is not enough to make me watch a show. I liked pic related, the MC is well rounded with an actual personality while she's still a qt, one of the rare shoujo adaptions that also appeals to men, I think.

and that's different to dense, oblivious male MCs who just get roped into all kinds?

Exactly the same.

Japanese audiences just love socially crippled/weak protagonists, that's become clear enough. Whether they be men or women.

>how do we fix them

Some shojo protags are just perfect

>T-TTTHEY'RE ATLEAST NOT AS BAD AS HAREM PROTAGS

Why do you fags insist on bringing up other people when facing criticism?

Too bad her manga went to shit.

Eh, Misaki started our GOAT then got dick-whipped too fucking fast and too fucking hard.
Usui can blow air on her and she'll blush like a retard and get all shy, kinda ruined her character for me.

It's the only way femwhores can argue.

And the only reason why they think shoujo protags aren't as bad is because they can relate to their blandness, passiveness and uselessness.
Fucking femwhores.

the opposite was already said in this very thread

You don't watch Diabolik lovers because it's good, you watch it because it's retarded and the girl is pathetic.
youtube.com/watch?v=fXsLh5i6V4c

>this has a fanbase somewhere in the darkest smelliest pits of fat female hell
>there is a team working on this anime
>there is actual money put into the animation
>there are voice actors who are participating in this
>someone actually wrote the story/characters

Miyazaki was right.

Woah there, I never argued otherwise. But at least with shonen heroes there's also the outgoing idiot archetype that actually reacts to scenarios immediately instead of running away to angst for an entire chapter or two.

It's not easy to put into words but it's also a specific kind of passivity. Even when it's more extroverted heroine, they can be subsceptible to it. It feels like a lot of shoujo heroines' reactions to their crushes are either trying to become invisible or going tsundere. Not all, but I'm open to good examples since they seem so rare.

This is true.

>extroverted women don't exist

>Tell me that I am the best
>I can't swim

Shit, it's still funny

This anime was shit though

Why there's no shoujo about physical sports where MC has love interest and still have sisterly bonds with team-mates like shounen sports?

WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST START THE FUCKING LETTERS TELLING THEM THAT ANGST KID WAS GOING TO KILL HERSELF IF THEY INVITED HIM THAT DAY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Prove it bitch

I miss Miyazawa.

Giving a shojo protagonist a strong personality beyond being a vaguely defined "nice girl" would be an improvement. Also, make her act instead of just react to events, so she isn't just "going with the flow" until the plot forces her to make a decision. Then give her hobbies and beliefs, and basically write her as an interesting character, not a bland, inoffensive archetype ripe for self-inserting.

Everyone agrees that oblivious male harem leads are just as shit though.