OMK Dump

Time to really get crazy.

Volume 1: Volume 2:

Is her name actually "Magister"?

And here it is.

You know, I think I know the problem why people call this overrated. It's that, when you're younger, you can kinda relate to the MC. But when you're older, it feels so, I'm sorry for using the word, edgy.

Like, dude, you guys didn't even have a thing. And while he does know that, he still feels resentment which I'm sure most young people would get but older ones just see as immaturity.

Just me?

Like I get that's the author's point. it's to show just how immature Kurosawa is, no matter how he likes to think of himself as "above the rest" and would help further cement his character development.

Still though, it's hard to symphatize with him.

Why would you think it's overrated on that basis? You can point and laugh at Kurosawa in this scene for being such a delusional twat and it wouldn't detract from the manga's overall quality.

I never said I thought it was overrated just why people would find call it overrated.

Younger people would call it amazing and they're the majority of manga/anime consumers which gave it a reputation of this amazing thing that blew up and after a few years, you realize it's more of a 6.5 to 7. I'd honestly say it's art is good but the story is hrmm.

>which gave it a reputation of this amazing thing that blew up
I dunno about Western readers but Japan just saw it as a quirky manga that turned out to be surprisingly good drama despite its funny name. That element of surprise is what's missing, I guess, from people who pick it up because of the reputation it built.

I think a lot of people would agree the story is weak in several places but it's still one hell of a ride. And I mean it's fiction. No one is as forgiving as Takigawa in real life.

Y basis is here. People loved this thing. Well, used to years ago when it was still fresh. It's even in Sup Forums's mostly defunct recc wiki.

I think people still love it out of nostalgia. And because Sugawa winning came out of nowhere but worked so well anyway.

Don't get me wring, ti's still okay but yeah it's probably that.

I don't generally read manga, but this one is amazing.

I also pretty much exclusively like science fiction type stuff, and this and the artist's Chikan Otoko are collectively my favorite works of 'realistic fiction', an addition to pretty much the only manga I really liked (along with Murasakiiro no Qualia)

Thanks for the dump, I try to re-read this at least once a year since it had a big impact on me when it was getting translated on Sup Forums (I still check Emergency Exit's blog every once in a while).

Not to get too off-topic, but I wish Ise Katsura's other works got translated too, like Maid Haaaan!!!

I know the feeling, man.