The Vicious Circle of Sup Forums’s Mass-Shooting Hoaxes

The Vicious Circle of Sup Forums’s Mass-Shooting Hoaxes

nymag.com/selectall/2017/10/the-vicious-circle-of-4chans-mass-shooting-hoaxes.html?utm_campaign=nym&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/0NusK
archive.is/XJnUI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

“After every single goddamn shooting in this country, the same news cycle emerges from it. Every single time,” Whitney Phillips, a scholar of internet culture who’s currently researching media coverage of trolls, told me today.

“I’ve been studying this for ten years now, and I have absolutely no doubt that the reason these same manipulations unfold around these tragedies is because they work, like clockwork. And they can set their clocks to a certain journalistic response, and that’s why they do it.”

The fuck were we wrong about? We had the shooters and person of interest's name hours before it was released to the media.

Apparently we identified the wrong guy initially. Which is total horseshit, I remember the threads. We had the name Stephen within a few hours.

We initially pinned it on his brown bitch's liberal ex.

And we do it for free

There was another name floating around, but a mistake is not a hoax. A hoax implies an intent to deceive and there was none of that. The media is really going all out against Sup Forums lately, it's weird

Are you lot not aware he's talking about Sam Hyde?

kek

>Circle

Isn't it cycle?

lmao Sup Forums hacked hoaxes in truths

It's going to get worse. Normies are recognizing the influence (((here))).

shit posting needs to increase x10. stories that are picked up here will lose more and more credibility, making everything seem like fanfic. thus shooing some of the fucking normies away

>Studying Sup Forums for 10 years
We're stuck on this Singaporean Water-doll expo and Whitney does it for free

yes

>no archive yet
I guess Norbot is asleep. Don't read this until it's archived.

archive.is/0NusK

Norbot doesn't archive if someone else does it first

archive.is/0NusK

It aint that hard you lazy ass

lazy fuck
archive.is/0NusK

archive.is/XJnUI

Is it our fault they are stupid and people believe shit they see on twitter without any sources?

Atta boys!

They want to discredit it like it's a news source for some reason.

strange, that sounds like the media.

>scholar of internet culture who doesn't even understand Sup Forums
>just roastie things

>what do you do?
>I SIR, AM AN INTERNET SCHOLAR