Just finished watching Mirai Nikki, as well as Redial...

Just finished watching Mirai Nikki, as well as Redial, and have some questions regarding the ambiguity of the ending which I thought Sup Forums could lend an opinion:

(spoilers ahead)

So at the end, 2nd world Yukki ends up with Yuno as the god of their 2nd world universe (happy ending). However, exactly WHICH Yuno it is is left a bit ambiguous. Does Sup Forums believe that:

A) The Yuno that ends up with Yukki is the 3rd world Yuno, but with 1st world Yuno memories, but NOT her soul, because 1st world Yuno stabbed herself in the ending (and as it is explicitly stated in the anime, once someone dies, their soul is lost and CANNOT be recovered).

or,

B) The 1st world Yuno survives, and BOTH her soul + memories are merged with the 3rd world Yuno, and this version of Yuno lives happily together forever with Yukki.

(Obviously, 2nd world Yuno and 1st world Yukki are dead in either case, as their death was shown as literally the first scene in the first episode of the anime.)

Personally, I go with A), although its kind of sad, it makes more sense. What does Sup Forums think, though? Or perhaps there are more possibilities than I have considered...?

Other urls found in this thread:

waitbutwhy.com/2014/12/what-makes-you-you.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're the gods of the third world. Maybe that was a typo, but just in case.

Negative. The 2nd world MuruMuru, who is finally freed in the last episode and not shown before then, takes Yukki back to the 2nd world, because it is his obligation to recreate it. That's why during the epilogue she say he's been lying around for 10,000 years doing nothing, because he sees no point in recreating the world without being together with 1st world Yuno.

Meanwhile, the 3rd world continues on. It's the world that the 2nd world 9th (Minene Uryuu) ends up in, and the one we see in the last few episodes, as well as Redial.

Bumping with Yuno

Well I liked it, sure the second half wasn't as good as the first half of the show, but I still liked it to the very end.

I do wish that there were more Doujins available on the Sadpanda though.

>I do wish that there were more Doujins available on the Sadpanda though.

Agreed. Vanilla yandere sex is fucking hot.

There wasn't a manga with the detective guy?
I thought it was decent

Yep, although the Doujins that are available on the sadpanda, are pretty good, with the exception of that Snuff Doujin and the NTR Doujin.

Hmm I'm surprised that there isn't a Doujin where Yuki's mom helps Yuno get with Yuki.

Was a good show, but it tried way too hard to be edgy and deep at times.

Let me correct myself, it is a very good show under all the edgy stupid deep shit and the stupid deus plotline.

I am curious about one thing though.

I wonder what Yuki's life would have been like if there was no Survival Game?

Is this worth a rewatch?
Last time was 5 years ago

If you liked it when you watched it 5 years ago, then I don't see a reason why you shouldn't.

It's explicitly A.

Edgy through and through, sure. Deep, not particularly. The multiple worlds plot wasn't handled in the best way, though.

He probably would have still ended up with Yuno.

I see why someone would think that, but I actually disagree. The anime is so patently self-aware of its greater absurdities, that it comes across as very genuine. It knows exactly what it is and what it isn't, and pulls it off with bravado. For example, the MurMur omakes at the end of every episode do a great deal to limit the edginess, and show how ridiculous and comical the whole thing is.

That said, the punchline to the series, that 1) you can't bring the souls of the dead back, including all of Yukki's friends which they murdered, and 2) that 1st world Yuno murdered both 1st world Yukki and 2nd world Yuno , is actually pretty disturbing.

Just popped in to say how much I love that show/manga. Yuno continues to be one of my favorite characters in any medium.

>It's explicitly A.

You think so? I think so too, but that's kind of sad.

It means that 1st world Yuno is forever lost, and the Yuno that 2nd world Yukki ends up with at the end is really just a brand new 3rd world Yuno, but with 1st world Yuno's memories...

I know that, I was just wondering how he would have ended up with Yuno.

Fuck I want a spin-off Manga/Anime based on this idea.

r/anime the thread

If you don't like it, feel free to return to your "x did nothing wrong" and "post your waifu" threads.

It is very bad, and that's fun , who kills someone with a dart ?

1st world Yuno explicitly killed herself. And functionally, there's little difference between 3rd world Yuno with 1st world Yuno's memories, and 1st world Yuno herself, except maybe that the former is slightly more sane.

The end result is 2 dead Yunos, 1 dead Yukiteru, 1 Yukiteru x Yuno couple, and 1 Yukiteru x Hinata couple. It's alright, everything considered.

Well, there was the whole marriage/stargazing promise thing they had going, and sure, Yuno is insane having killed her parents, but presumably the Stockholm syndrome thing could play out even without the pressure of the survival game.

Well, Yuno was stalking him even before the parallel-universe / time-travel stuff was in effect.

So she probably would have eventually confessed her (un)dying yandere love to him either way.

That's true I suppose

>Yukiteru x Hinata couple.

It wasn't Hinata; it was the glasses girl. But yeah, everything you said is succinct.

It is made clear that each of the different Yunos, Yukkis, ect., are all distinct separate "people" with different "souls". So while it's true that there is little /functional/ difference between 3rd world Yuno with 1st world Yuno memories, they are still not the same person. So the 1st world Yuno that the viewer actually sees through the vast majority of the series really is dead, lost, and gone.

Also, I think it's a little odd that 3rd world Yukki was essentially omitted entirely from Redial, but I guess it makes sense given the context.

>people actually think Mirai Nikki is good

Genuinely one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Almost everything about it is fucking terrible.

>one of my favourite characters

Would be great if she actually had any character to begin with. She's literally walking plot armor with tits.

But it's so ridiculously absurd that it's actually good. And deliberately self-aware as well. "Bad" in a good way.

No way. Yuno is archetypal yandere with tits.

If you want bland, boring, and insufferable; try Yukki.

Nah, it clearly takes itself very seriously. The author's second manga, Big Order, is basically a rehash of the same shit. I clearly doubt he's intentionally writing such trash every time.

I haven't read the manga. I was referring to the anime, which may have been directed with a more humorous self-aware tone, than the manga.

Who are we to tell the difference between soul and memories? Who are we to even define what defines you as yourself? If 3rd world Yuno remembers everything and holds the same feelings, is it the same?

waitbutwhy.com/2014/12/what-makes-you-you.html

>tfw I will never have my own Yandere anime girl

What exactly was humorous in the anime, except for MurMur maybe?

All the characters behaved like edgy archetypes with varying degrees of insanity.

12th is humorous, Mao's lesbianism is humorous, Yuno is sometimes humorous, Minene is also humorous sometimes (like when Nishijima proposes to her), etc.

Nice 9gag image reply, faggot

Go watch attack on fucking titan you waifu-loving turd
Drink bleach

Yuno did nothing wrong.

We're hitting serious levels of projecting here

Still didn't do much for the overall edgy grimdark tone of the show. Most of it even felt out of place.

Minene acting tsundere is supposed to be funny, but then you remember that she's a literal terrorist who wanted to blow up a school, and by the end of the show I'm supposed to be rooting for her or something.

First Yuno went back in time and killed Second Yuno, becoming the Yuno of the Second world. Then near the end she kills herself, making Yuuki the god of the Second world, the First world is gone.

Wasn't there a scene where 3rd world Yuno helped Yuuki create a new world or something? I never understood that part until now

What are you talking about? Virtually every future diary owner is a ridiculous stereotype and serves as comic relief in some form. Even deus throws some punchlines in pretty frequently. yuno is also hilarious In her own yandere-is way. Pretty much the only semi-serious characters are Yuki and akise.

That was the final scene, and they were recreating the 2ND world, as was yukkis obligation as winner of the survival game

Well in that case it's fucking terrible comedy

Thanks for sharing your opinion :^)

Here's an upvote/(You) for your efforts

Mirai no Nikki is sort of like the Fargo of anime, in a way.

You'll have to explain this one to me.

Easy go mistake as edgy and serious, but actually intended be be hillarious.

Depends on what your definition of 'soul' is. If you believe it's an incorporeal essence of a being unique for each person (that may or may not leave the body immediately after its death), then it's probably A. If it's a sum of one's thoughts, memories, emotions, etc., then B may very well be true. Basically, what said.

Personally, I think the 1st world Yuno lives on in the hybrid Yuno we see in the end.