Re: Zero thread

Haven't seen much discussion about re:zero here. What's the consensus? I'm thinking of checking it out.

Did so just yesterday. It's good, holy shit, it's good. Then again opinions will get in the way. I'm kind of glad I didn't go through the Rem chapters while Sup Forums was sperging about her for the sake of being contrarians. Also overall american thinking against Subaru. He's pretty neat, I mean, how dare you cry when you've been through a lot of shit, HOW DARE YOU.

Give me my (You)s now.

...but it's legitimately good, you know...

>Haven't seen much discussion about re:zero here
What?

Try it and form your own fucking opinion, you absolute degenerate sheep.

>When Subaru Natsuki leaves the convenience store, the last thing he expects is to be wrenched from his everyday life and dropped into a fantasy world

you fags will eat the same shit up over and over again. amazing.

I intend to, but after wasting time on shit like Akame ga kill over and over I just wanted to see some sort of reassurance that this won't be a complete waste of time. That reasonable enough?

For (You) I will give one.

People recommended Akame ga Kill too, it was fairly popular here at one point. Look how that turned out.

The only opinion that matters is your own.

Youd be surprise

The thing that drew me to this in the first place was hearing that the protagonist is a mug more realistic depiction of how a normal person would react in the situation. I'm growing a little restless with the same tropes and 1-dimensional characters overcoming it all through sheer will, and the power of love.

So then I should watch every series in alphabetical order for 2-3 eps so I can form my very own opinion? Come on now. There's a place for looking to others who know also know their shot about a media/genre for advice.

Not every series but you must already know that this show is very popular and you've shown an interest in it enough to make a thread on it. In the time you waste on this thread you could have tried it and decided for yourself if it is worth watching.

>There's a place for looking to others who know also know their shot about a media/genre for advice.
Well that place isn't here.

You must be blind, there's at least one thread up always.

Just so you know, the first 3 episodes of this give a pretty good summary of what it's about. Just know that episode 1 is a two parter.

and friendship
But yeah basically this. Characters have much more credibility than usual, and also their emotions are, I think, pretty well drawn and acted.

Adding to the high production value, the mysteries keep you on edge, and you can't help but want to know what will happen. There are good fights as well, even though few so far.

I know it is, but Sup Forums shits over Subaru repeteadly for being human-like (not human, because he's, well, fictional). It's like being evil and mean-spirited is the only way to be "good" in a "proper", capitalistic way.

> not much discussion
nigga we have like 15 threads hitting the bump limit a day

I don't really watch anime much anymore except for a few old school shit and decided to pick this up on a whim after seeing a in mentioned it mentioned in a thread.

I'm enjoying it allot more than expected even though the mc is extremely cringe worthy.

the MC is shit

He's not wrong. It's just waifufagging and "muh primary material" circlejerking.

I was just saying that I personally have never run across one, or may have not previously recognized it since it wasn't really on my radar until recently.
And yeah, I stick to anime like mushishi, boogie pop phantom, monster. Doesn't have to be realistic, but characters need to be a bit more understated than what's par for the course in many series.

meaning he is a well written horrible person

I guess that raises another question. What are other series that have a more realistic characterization of how people respond to events, fantastical or otherwise?

if you into waifu and cringey stuff go on..story wise it is just ok

>realistic

stop this meme

Im down. That, I can handle far better than zany excitability, moe shit, and shoehorning sexual innuendoes everywhere.

i think horrible person is the easiest to do

Realistic characterization, not situation/plot. How's that attention span treating ya?

Mostly just waifu shitposting during the week for ReZero threads, but weekends are pretty cozy. Especially the thread last week after Berserk came out was great since all the shitposters went there.

It's a good anime and only gets better from here on. Specifically because waifufags get BTFO, and selfinserters are already gone as well thanks to the last two episodes.

nobody would help somebody if they know they would get kill over and over again.

Hard to do it well. 95% of the time it comes of as edgy, or horrible/evil without any clear rational. If say it's probably the hardest to nail a lame, horrible, unlike able etc. character well and get you to still get invested in the series.

>replying to ESLfag
How new?

Agreed, I like that it's pushing back against predictable tropes. Did it in a much better way than Akame ga kill which basically thought if they showed they were willing to kill of mcs then everyone would think its gritty and adult, when it's not.

Around 2007-8, you?

I rate this highly over Akame ga kill. That one was bound to be shit so I dropped it.
Re:Zero has kept me on edge and I watched all 13 episodes in one sitting. My biggest regret was not waiting until it was finished, so I didn't have to suffer waiting every week for it.

funny because i think he is in the 95%

Fuck it, the last episode finished me off, where can I read the mango and at what chapter is the anime right now?

Manga is licensed. You probably won't get a link here for it since they get taken down pretty quickly. Learn moon, or read the WN TL.

Finished you off..how? After the credits rolled did you just think to yourself Load: blown?

waifus never die

It's good but I hate how the anime is skipping all the Satella's parts, that are the most thrilling and charming.

It's average; not the worst but also not that great

No, but waiting for the next episode seems like a torture right now and I don't want it. Had the same thing with the 6(?) episode of Attack on Titan where Eren got eaten, had to read the manga afterwards.
well that sucks...

And plot relevant.

Not unless they have a deep rooted inferiority complex and are constantly plagued with feelings of worthlessness so they try to overcompensate.

This ride is just starting
Bad thing is, the source material is mostly in runes
Good thing is, interest will probably draw in more translators, and the anime sold well enough to warrant a second season

Perfect time to start watching as the main story is just starting.

I just hope that the whole muhwaifuisdying will be over soon so that I can get to watch something without having trouble to fall asleep at night.

After having their work taken down 3(4?) times and one of them being hit with a fine, I seriously doubt you will see any TL working on this and posting it on this board. Suffering for everyone.

It's all happy soon don't worry

Didn't expect it to be this good. It's so tightly written.

That's because it's filled with suffering and despair.

You can never go wrong with suffering and despair, dude.

You think I'll believe someone on Sup Forums? Now I have a feeling that the episodes until season 2 will be some fucker torturing the main cast... not like I'm not prepared for it at this point. Right now I would even believe that everyone dies and does so until Subaru breaks and the witch starts amusing herself with something else.

Except when you try to go too far then get Berserk. Nobody deserves that level of suffering.

It's fine.

Subaru is on his way to become Sauron thanks to that.

It will all turn out fire.

Fuck this author for writing characters I actually care about, just to ruin it by making his MC go full retard. The fact that people are telling me he gets even worse has made me drop it for the time being. I was seriously only watching it still because I fully expected Spergaru to realize he's being retarded and actually develop as a character. But if the author plans to continue to make him regress, I'll just read the Rem ending and be done with it.

I thought Subaru remains pretty useless power wise the entire time though

1 Beatrice
2 Ekidna
3 Elsa
4 Crusch
5 Felt
6 Emilia
7 Rem
8 Anastasia
9 Priscilla
10 Ram
11 others

After reading/watching and checking various spoilers I feel that maybe that his time powers are either inherit to the summoning or gifted by some deus ex machina (or dragon) and that he is actually the protagonist. However the witch realizing what powerful bullshit that is curses him so that he can't talk about his experience with anyone. Its actually an excellent way to emotionally isolate someone its probably some plan to get him to fall to the dark side.

>Rem anything but 1

typical qt attracted to the hero after he "saved" her

>I fully expected Spergaru to realize he's being retarded

What are you talking about? What's currently happening actually makes a lot of sense. A bit straight forward and cliche but I feel its well executed.

Basically after two successful arcs where he saves the day. Subaru is blinded by success and becomes overconfident and arrogant. Even though he knows hes has no skills and is effectively worthless he feels that his powers alone are enough to eek out a victory.

So even though everyone around him is trying to tell him he's being retarded, he arrogantly pushes forward thinking that he can save his waifu. Also I don't think such an introverted neet is able to place themselves in the shoes of others.

This is why when he had the outburst with Emilia he was being completely unfair to her because quiet frankly how could she possible know?

What transpires next is the setup for his fall. Its a classic tragedy structure, build the MC to the climax he falls to the bottom has a catharsis and rises again. If your Shakespeare you have a catharsis, a rise and then you kill the MC.

TL;DR he needs to fall at the HEIGHT of his arrogance not in between.

Can we atleast skip the 'kill the MC' part yes? I don't want another dead MC.

Id be fine with that, if he ever actually rises. LN/WNfags keep saying in these threads he only gets worse through out the story. I don't know who the fuck to believe.

You have a point
But fuck, the way they did his lash out at Emilia was fucking cringy to watch. I wanted to drive a dagger straight into his neck what a piece of fucking scum he turned into there.

I feel you, with all those creatures around we can't trust anyone but ourselves and the direction in which anime is heading right now (that is "killing everyone GoT style") we just have to hope

The title of episode 18 is From ZERO. Make of it what you will.

Read the spoilers for future arcs. I think there fucking with us. I mean how often do you think you can witness the death of your friends and loved ones before you amd realize you can't do shit on your own. Sure the trope for rewind loops is that you get better every time but how many times can you rewind to see the blood gurgling screams of your friends before enough is enough. Shits rough.

The point is a person with a hint of a brain would understand he is outmatched, hugely, against pretty much anything he has coming his way- and try to plan for that.

Subaru is keeping on with the "head on into danger". That's a retarded thing to do, he makes no use of his advantage to know the general outlines. You compile your information and plan.
The fact he acts impulsively each time results in so many deaths.

it's ok

>asking for Sup Forums's opinion on anything

I mean how much longer is the WNs going to go for? If Subaru is STILL acting retarded then will he ever change? I mean I understand the author wants to go the muh suffering route, but there is other ways than making your MC consistently stupid in everything he does. Of course I'm only going off what other people say about the spoilers, so I could be talking out my ass.

I think it was all according to plan. Whatever it is that prevents him from talking about his powers is there to emotionally isolate him. To her his actions are inexplicable and strange; "Why is he going so far?" Love is one thing but he was being a complete fool.

To him feelings of worthlessness and inferiority are unpleasant driving him to completely overcompensate for his weaknesses. After all "[you] are only doing it for yourself!" Desperate to prove to others that he isn't trash he talks arrogantly when in reality he doesn't have much to show for it. So he relies on past victories that no one could ever know to support his fragile ego. Projecting much?

>The point is a person with a hint of a brain would understand he is outmatched

Not so. He was after all out matched the last 2 times and still made it. However do you really expect a NEET to be aware of others around him. In that it is because he was providing guidance to others with the power to affect change that he was successful.

The first thing out of his mouth when he arrived to this world was "Wow I've been summon to another world! I must be the protagonist." So eager for purpose. He still deluded to the fact that he is still a NEET. You can plan for the future you can collect information but do you have the strength and skill to actually use them? No.

That's his problem. At the end of the day he can't do shit. Though he did get lucky, I'll give him that.

Avoiding major spoiler, I've read the arc summaries and I would say that he learns. He still dies a lot but the information he gathers pre-death is used to aid people that could actually make use of that information. Much like a wise sage his advice grants the other characters inexplicable insight on how to overcome obstacles.

Honestly the legend of the dragon kingdom hinted in arc 2 suggests that a dragon, a hero and a SAGE subdue the jealous witch. But that's me randomly guessing.

He's not stupid anymore if that's your problem. He grows a lot in the time he stayed there, plus the series of events in arc 3, break him, and he learns that he's no the center of the universe, and should count on others to help him, like when he told Rem to do so.

subaru can not tell about his power, but can he say that he know the future?

He could yes. Saying that he goes back in time and resurrects if he dies is the big problem.

if you want to see discussion then get on Sup Forums when the show gets uploaded to nyaa torrents

Yes, but how can he prove he knows the future to others without looking suspicious or having his hands dipped in the incident to occur.

I don't know how he's missed it when the board is plagued with threads on Sunday and Monday

Suffering followed by more suffering.

I want to die.

can he write down his ability?

Satella instant kills either him or the person he tells about his Respawn ability.

Nobody is to know about the Respawn ability.

It's literally constantly discussed you newfag cunt

So guys, whatever happened to Subaru's unopened bowl of instant ramen.

The concept of instant ramen could make some serious cash yet Subaru completely forgot about it.

As for those potato chips, they get eaten by Old Man Rom in most timelines so I won't ask about the chips but really, the concept of chips could make serious cash as well.

This world doesn't seem to have any junk food after all.

Rem dies

>What happened to Subaru's purchased shit?
He ditched it during the loop fights against Elsa. Even if he had it, it would've been destroyed by Reinhardt and his Gary Stuf power blast.

>haven't seen much discussion
>there's a thread near cap up right now
Absolute cancer

>people recommended AgK
Only retards did. It was shit from beginning to end and only the manga was worth following for waifuwars and shitstorms.

why was subaru summoned in the first place ?

No-one knows. That's one of the disturbing aspects of the setting. He's just summoned by a witch that has him into awful situations and timeleap everytime. It doesn't help that the setting gets unveiled only little by little.

Satella is the final boss right?
why she get subaru for this curse?

Maybe he wasn't summoned by the witch. The dragon legend states that 3 forces are involved in sealing the jealous witch. The dragon, the hero and the sage. With time powers he is closet to sage. Maybe its the witches countermeasure against the respawn.

I mean you wouldn't summon someone at random to torture them for no reason. But you would if it was against someone else summoning. Hell maybe Subaru is the wrong guy. The witch is just fucking with whoever is trying to stop her.

>you will never use puck's thick, fluffy thighs as a lap pillow

it's not fair

Maybe Emilia summoned him unwittingly or he summoned himself unwittlingly, orthe witch is in love with and summoned him(whatever the reason) or its some other bullshit.

Lurk more, faggot.

Nah it would be more in line with the current tone of the story if suppose that there was a summoning and the witch interfered with it and Subaru was chosen at random. This would deny Subaru purpose and meaning to his summoning.

It was merely an accident and he crossed over by mistake, can you imagine the look on his face if he discovered this? The suffering would be glorious. Or instead of random summoning the witch picked someone who seemed easy to manipulate.

The self-summoning paradox theory would work only if we knew the Witch didn't exist in the first timeline. However, Emilia's behavior lets us guess that half-elves were bullied during this timeline too so, unless the reason is different, the Witch existed at that point and was summoned Subaru. I merely think the Witch is the author's will personnified that directs the story in whatever way he wants. That way, even if the characters stray too much, the author can use the excuse of the omniscient Witch to make Subaru suffer, reset the timeline and have the story turn the way he wants.

MC is a bigger faggot than Shinji

Seriously holy shit, at least Shinji got in the robot at some point.