Shokugeki no Souma

Oh, thanks anime for reminding me how much of an asspull this win was.

I understand the MC has to win, but even by the writing's own logic there's no reason why Souma should've won.

>Being this retarded

>implying dagashi isn't always the solution

>asspull
>legit method

stay in English class kid

>Those repeating digits
Souma x Hotaru confirmed for OTP

he mostly won because alice fucked up big time if that makes sense

Alice lost because cold technicality applied to comfort food robs it of life. She was blinded by the science of it and forgot what a bento really meant. It's a lesson she needed to learn early and to the best of my memory it's an error she doesn't repeat again, so this was more about her remembering that cooking isn't all about the science than it was Souma winning. Alice comes out of this a better chef and a stronger force in the kitchen than when she went into it, though it's a pity she had to learn it as a loss to Souma as opposed to just observing Ryou in how to cook with passion.

She lost because of the way the author says, it's easy to understand: She lost because it wasn't as true and good to the theme of 'bento' as Souma's, it could have been a sushi theme and it would have fit just as well

Anime only fag here, but it looks like Ryou and Poo in Loo are going to be the big antagonists this season. But isn't Ryou supposed to be Alice's subordinate?

I guess then it makes sense for Alice to be knocked out so early on a pure technicality, they probably need to "save" her as an antagonist for later.

The author's presented logic: she didn't push forward what makes bento special. Something along those lines, whatever.

Anyway how the fuck did she not? It was an amazing, innovative dish. Souma's was just a bento that tasted good.

Exactly. All she essentially did was make food, put it in a box, and call it a bento.

She fucked up right from the beginning by misinterpreting the theme.

It was a neat dish, but at its core it was just sushi in a box. Souma's dish was a bento at its core, you couldn't really make it any other way.

>they probably need to "save" her as an antagonist for later.
She was never really an antagonist. A rival at best.

I was a great dish. But it wasn't a bento.

Souma made a good bento.

Souma won almost by default.

thought curryfag was knocked out fast because he's literally ONLY good at curry

i mean i guess for India he'd be a great chef, but they expect more than "muh 36 spices" to become TOP CHEF

This, like Senzaemon said, had the theme been sushi, she would have served the same dish. It's a bit embarrassing since her cousin had just been lecturing her opponent about bento too.

I've always supposed that we were meant to chalk some of it up to Alice moving to Europe at a young age and losing touch with s1of her Japanese roots.

The fuck are you talking about?

I'm disappointed with how this was executed in the anime. They skipped all of the build up to the match which made it lose the suspense that the manga had. Even the Shokugeki against Ikumi had two episodes and that was way less significant than one against Alice.

They should have spent one or two episodes on building up hype for the match against Alice.

How would Hotaru be and fare in the Shokugekiverse?

>Anyway how the fuck did she not? It was an amazing, innovative dish

But it wasn't a Bento. If you tell a 4 year old and Da Vinci to draw a flower, and the 4 year old draws a flower while Da Vinci draws a river, the 4 year old wins no matter what cause he actually did what they said. They told Alice to make a Bento, something that can be taken around and eaten on the go or at work/school. Something exciting, fun, and nostalgic. She presented them a fucking air ball containing an open box and sushi in it. she had no way of winning.

She's pursuing his dad because she once tasted one of his homemade dagashi, and it left her insatiably hungry for another hit of the VILE taste.

Souma has to please her by giving her an equally addictive dagashi

what does Sup Forums think of pic related?

Cute. Not best girl (I dislike moe moe kawaii deredere blobs) but destined to win the Soumabowl.

bland?

that tournament killed the manga
the art dropped off hard
too much stupid stuff

>but destined to win the Soumabowl.

Nigga are you blind? Erina's winning the bowl so fucking obviously it's not even funny.

You animeonly? If so there is big hole in your ship.

I like her. Hopefully she becomes more relevant again since she's supposed to be the third MC. Unlikely though.

Also I want her to stop doing the stupid fucking pose so that everyone will stop shit posting about it.

we only call him curryfag because his first couple of dishes were curry. his actual shtick is that he's good with spices in general and has a great sense of smell.

generic uninteresting moeblob that was guaranteed to generate a fanbase (thank you, shitty nip taste) that has zero chance of ending up with the MC

Wishful thinking, I was hoping we wouldn't have YET ANOTHER shitty tsundere winning the MCbowl. We already have more of those than you can spit at.

But you have to admit that Erina is just as generic as the moeblob

You literally have that backwards.

What you are forgetting is that a tsundere's character is completely dependent on a love interest (most commonly the MC) existing. If you take away a tsundere's MC, they have literally no character. At least most tsunderes today.

Absolutely, she's a generic tsundere ojou-sama

I prefer Meat. Alice is good too

Best thing about whole Autumn Elections is coming guys!

Perfect.

moeblob done right

Rindo > Alice >>>>>>>> Erina

And that's what makes them so detestable to me. I have tolerance (no love, tolerance) for specific kinds of tsundere's, the kind whose initial dislike of the MC is justified and their progression to warming up to the MC makes sense. Not this "HUMPF I HATE YOU KYAA~ BUT YOU'RE SO CUTE AND HANDSOME B-B-BAKA!".

Top tier taste.

I can never tell if the creator of this is like a really great cook who understands food really well or has no clue what the fuck he's talking about

I wonder how he's doing with the central. Since he's the master of copying other people's recipes.

It's literally Nikumi 2.0 of not maximizing the theme. She make a sushi box not a bento

do you guys just not watch the show
they literally explain all of this

It's nice that you can spot an Ecchi Anime by the amount of movement boobs have that shouldn't *normally* be there

There's a chef consultant who creates all the recipes. Pic related.

Morisaki Yuki provides the recipes for the manga.

At this point I have to ask: Are you trolling? this question has been answered what feels like a dozen of times by this point

Well according to the dishes I personally tried so far, I think someone at this show really knows something about cooking. The "tasting" is of course mostly made up bullshit, just like in the real world, but they really show some creative dishes. However I wouldn't be surprised, if they're all straight up from some website or something like that. I mean in the end cooking isn't that hard, really.

post times shokugeki was wrong

>She's 11 years older than me
Explain this shit, Japan. She doesn't look a day over 28.

makeup and a diet low in sugar will do that

Cardboard.

You can cut out any panel in the manga with Megumi in her signature pose and paste it over another one of her panels, and nothing would change.

Tsukada realized his mistake of giving a boring blob so much screentime early in the manga and now he can't really drop her completely. His solution for the past 80 chapters was to have Tosh occasionally draw her in the background with her mouth wide open in that pose with 1 line of forgettable dialogue. They don't even try to hide it.

The girl who always makes the :P face is better (I don't remember her name because almost every character in the dorm aside from Souma is bland and forgettable)

Mehgloomy a shit.

She's cute for a 3DPD

7/10
Would eat her food

So they finally got to this part on this trash. Shrimp boy not getting the win when he destroyed the curry nigger was the most retarded shit. Glad I dropped this garbage manga.

Soma and Nikumi best ship.

Posting truest of OTPs.

This chart would be perfect without Hayama/jun and the "Souma the loilimancer" meme

>implying any of the two stalkers will win their victim's bowl.

They will have each other.

>This chart would be perfect without Hayama/jun

Currynigger is sonzoned,accept the truth.

Who is that with fat Aldini?

>ass pull
>Alice made a dish too "generic" for the theme
keep crying

Best girl.

Bianca.
Aldinis childhood friend,has a crush on Asami.

Translation sometime?

A Stand master

Is it an extra chapter thing? I have to ketchup

>it's still the same show

No ;_;

Also, thanks anons

Novels and before you ask,they are canon.

>I have tolerance (no love, tolerance) for specific kinds of tsundere's, the kind whose initial dislike of the MC is justified and their progression to warming up to the MC makes sense
Good thing Erina is that kind of tsundere then

Novels. also there's a drama cd. Bianca's voice a qt.

Beside i feel like Souma need to loss a cook off to grow as a character, Souma understood the true meaning of a bento when Alice just made another cool dish

Has anyone seen bananashiki lately? Is he still working on these?

Is he dead? I don't see him since last year.

Sorry my headcanon tells me that Erina gets the Soumabowl, grandfather will put Souma on high pedestral like keikaku and Souma will teach little fucks about real cooking because Tootsuki will become part of the Yukihira cooking empire.
Moeblob will become best cook in her hometown and idolized so that she can never get married.

It feels like anons are either not very good at reading or have short term memory. I keep seeing this happen in almost every anime's threads.

>Sorry my reading comprehension tells me that Erina gets the Soumabowl
ftfy, bro.

>I'm sharing Sup Forums with retards like this
Do you guys watch the show at 2x speed or something? Do you not pay attention? Come on guys

People only watch to get the bare minimum of information needed to shitpost.

Oh for fuck's sake, don't revive the endless shitstorm from last year.
Disgusting moeblob, I truly liked her at first but i got tired of her.

Morisaki Yuki is gorgeous user.
>Yfw you'll never have an ova about Bianca and the Aldinis doing qt things ;-;
Why to even live?

You tell em Bear

At least we have a drama CD about her.

13 ep season and apparently wanting to adapt stagiaire means the pacing is borked.

Is this a joke? Meat is cute,but she's the cutout tsundere.

>tfw you will never make people orgasm from the food you cook

Spoilers when?

Five Azami minutes

They're not antagonists, they're "worthy rivals". In manga they actually start hanging out together after the tournament, and Alice totally drops her cold side and starts acting friendly towards Souma.

I have a feeling that we won't see the actual big bad this season, and probably never (if they don't do S3). I wasn't even sure in S2, because they dropped some very important plot twist from the curry stage.

When was alice not friendly with soma?

>I understand the MC has to win, but even by the writing's own logic there's no reason why Souma should've won.
Try that bait in a different showdown. For Soma vs. Alice it was obvious. Alice made a great dish, but she didn't make a great bento.

No,Ryou is better than Alice.

Somehow Ryou is my favorite chef in the whole cast. Too bad he never gets any decent personal development except Central Shokugeki, which was a pain to read.

Spoilers Never.