Orthodox Christianity General

Orthodox General:

>In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

ITT: We discuss all things having to do with Orthodox Christianity.

The Orthodox Church is the only true Church, all others are heretical. Notice that this is why Orthodoxy has gone uncucked.

>Today’s commemorated feasts and saints

Hieromartyr Cyprian, Virgin Martyr Justina, and Martyr Theoctistus, of Nicomedia (304). Bl. Andrew, Fool-for-Christ, at Constantinople (936). Repose of Rt. Blv. Princess Anna of Kashin (1338). Ven. Cassian of Uglich (1504). Martyrs David and Constantine, Princes of Georgia (740). Righteous Warrior Theodore Ushakóv (1817).

>Scripture readings:

• Ephesians 4:25-32

• Luke 6:24-30

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=piVdrtgo7Xw
pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x
youtube.com/watch?v=YMsuYkzEE4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is a great thread but most user's are gonna be talking about all the happenings today.

But keep up the good work
These are Sup Forums heritage threads and they piss off newfags, reddit and shills

The happening threads are starting to die down now so that's why I picked this time to post it.

As a catholic i admit that Orthodox Christianity is the most Based Christianity , The Catholic Church is a shell of his former self and is now filled with crypto-jews, masons and commies.

God Bless

correction
*its

Ever since VII, the Roman Church has gone down. The TLM was so nice too. Such a shame that Rome fucked it all up in that one time period.

>youtube.com/watch?v=piVdrtgo7Xw
Must watch

ORTHODOXY OR DEATH!

quite frankly at this point both churches are the anti christ.

the word antichrist does not mean against christ. it means substitute christ, anti is a greek word that means substitute, or in place of. the world itself would be more accurately translated as "false christ" and both churches are trying to substitute themselves in place of christ.

t.(-.-) gnostic heretic, and speaking as a gnostic heretic both, infact most churches are absolutely heretical to the bible.

Blasphemy.

my problem with the orthodox church relies on the way they teach the more supernatural events of the bible. my biggest gripe is the genesis 6 argument.

for several thousand years it was taught that angels came down and laid with the daughters of men and created nephilum who were either 2.5 miles tall, or 450 feet tall (see enoch) in the early years of the church Nero attacked on the christian doctrine for believing that angels laid with the daughters of men. Julius africanus, Augustine, and Cyril of Alexandria created and perpetuated the "sons of sethite (in place of sons of God) and "daughers of Cain" (in place of daughters of adam) was replaced and the eastern orthodox church still teaches and guards the "sethite" view.

i mean you can call me blasphemous in total ignorance of why I say what i did, the eastern church teaches WRONG doctrine in the understanding of the world. that and I do not need to, nor at this point want to belong to any church to be christian.

Some passages are up for interpretation, I don't even understand why something as trivial as that is an issue for you.

The Orthodox are pretty based, if I wasn't Lutheran I'd probably be Orthodox. Both would agree that the papacy is the seat of Lucifer.

here's some Orthodox resources for anyone interested pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x
t. ecumenical Catholic

Orthodoxy is a false religion, its a ripoff of catholicism, repent of your false religion and turn to the only way to heaven which is Jesus Christ:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Orthodoxy WAS Catholocism user, Catholocism is a ripoff of what later became Orthodoxy

Praise be to God OP.

May God smile on the orthodox church.

>Some passages are up for interpretation

not true, the passages interpret themselves, the bible is a living book. the phrase Sons of God is EXCLUSIVELY used of angels in the old testament, there's no question of it, the sethite view is a lie. whether or not it is a malicious lie, or innocent in the face of persecution is up for debate. I'm also more of the impression that the living bible guided me to the gnostic gospels. there's also a huge failure to recognition the acts of thomas as legitimate canon despite the fact there are Christians in india that claim apostolic succession from Thomas speaks to its authenticity. at least today in its current shape and form, the eastern orthodox church is the leaven of of the pharisees mentioned in matthew 16:6

also this guy is absolutely heretical. you are forbidden to call people father for you only have one father in heaven, and he says a bit after 21:30 and states that salvation is only in the church, which again, is trying to substitute itself in place of Christ. these are probably innocent mistakes. again matthew 16:6 also matthew 23:9. i would be more impressed if this guy didn't let the interviewer call him "father"

if you don't understand I'll explain it to you.

(102) Jesus says:

"Woe to them, the Pharisees, for they are like a dog sleeping in a cattle trough, for it neither eats nor [lets] the cattle eat."

39a. Jesus said: The pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys to knowledge and have hidden them. They did not go in and they did not permit those desiring to go in to enter.
39b. You should be as clever as snakes and as innocent as doves.

The Acts of Thomas is heretical, and only the Church can rightly interpret scripture by the Holy Spirit. You have no authority.

You got everything backwards. Catholicism was Orthodoxy until the Great Schism and Catholicism is a ripoff of itself. The Papal Office was self-created by the Bishop of Rome. You all have to come back

Catholicism and Orthodoxy are both WRONG

5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

>9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
YOU COULD'VE CALLED THEM ANYTHING ELSE, BUT YOU CALL THEM THE ONE THING JESUS SAID NOT TO CALL THEM

You're a heretic, and you're going to hell.

not an argument

you're genuinely an idiot. several church fathers dictate that the "Hymn of the Pearl" is holy spirit inspired (which is in the acts of thomas by the way) and not only that, the eastern syrian churches had regular interactions with the early indian thomastinian church. and the Orthodox church even states that Thomas was martyred in INDIA after witnessing there. which ironically enough is what the acts of Thomas say. are you saying that the Eastern Orthodox Church is heretical?

honestly bro, you're really ignorant.

and I have all the authority, and authority is given to everyone who has faith in Jesus Christ, and is given to them by Christ himself. go read 1 John 4, it gives you a handy little key to discern what is, and isn't scripture.

also for authority try Mark 9:38-39 and John 12:14-16.

I'm still waiting for a church that calls to do Greater works than Christ did, because thats what Christ calls on you to do.

honestly brother, you're only responses are autistic RRREEE THATS HERETICAL, THATS BLASPHEMOUS RRREEEEEEEEE
since I take the stance to go outside of Church Dogma, try thinking for yourself instead of letting scribes, and pharisees think for you.

Let my Pray Arise in thy sight as Incense
And let the Lifting up of my Hands be an Evening Sacrifice

youtube.com/watch?v=YMsuYkzEE4o